Missynick0903

DCF London (merged)

121 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Missynick0903 said:

Who did you contact when you realized that your paperwork had been lost?  

If your petition has not been approved or you didn't get a NOA2, that's USCIS Office in London.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/government-agencies/dhs/uscis/?_ga=2.63211951.162208353.1566871146-1641113824.1489155735

Contact email form https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/government-agencies/dhs/uscis/uscis-contact-form/

The letter of instruction on how to apply for the visa, get the medical, or make an interview appointment comes from the embassy.  Those instructions are also on their website whether  you get the instruction letter or not https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/how-to-apply-2/

1 hour ago, Missynick0903 said:

Hi there. According to last weeks processing times update and the date we were given on our NOA1, we haven’t gotten our NOA2 yet and I recalled that you told me you had something lost in the mail. Was it the NOA2?  

Our NOA1 gave up a June 11th date. And last Friday they posted that they were currently processing petitions from June 14th. So we should have received ours...but haven’t yet. Just in a slight panic...but trying to at least hold it together until this Friday in hopes it will turn up. 

I leave for the states already on September 6th and was really hoping that we would have heard by now. I can’t figure out what could possibly be wrong with our petition. It seemed so clear cut for us. Who did you contact when you realized that your paperwork had been lost?  

I contacted them through the form on their website: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-information-services/contact-us-immigrant-visas/u-s-embassy-london-visa-unit-contact-form/

The letter containing the instructions of arranging a medical and appointment was lost so they gave me an email substitute.

13 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

If your petition has not been approved or you didn't get a NOA2, that's USCIS Office in London.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/government-agencies/dhs/uscis/?_ga=2.63211951.162208353.1566871146-1641113824.1489155735

Contact email form https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/government-agencies/dhs/uscis/uscis-contact-form/

The letter of instruction on how to apply for the visa, get the medical, or make an interview appointment comes from the embassy.  Those instructions are also on their website whether  you get the instruction letter or not https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/how-to-apply-2/

Thanks. I’ve just emailed the middle link you just sent. 

In your experience, should we be worried that it didn’t arrive last week then? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Missynick0903 said:

Thanks. I’ve just emailed the middle link you just sent. 

In your experience, should we be worried that it didn’t arrive last week then? 

To be honest, I don't pay any attention to timelines since I'm done with everything immigration. I just skip those posts. Timelines are unpredicatable, change constantly, don't follow any order, and people after you can get ahead of you. Expecting something on a specific date is probably not reasonable. I obessesed with it too much when I was new, so much that I just quit checking all status for the next four years. I figured it would happen when it happened. 

12 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

To be honest, I don't pay any attention to timelines since I'm done with everything immigration. I just skip those posts. Timelines are unpredicatable, change constantly, don't follow any order, and people after you can get ahead of you. Expecting something on a specific date is probably not reasonable. I obessesed with it too much when I was new, so much that I just quit checking all status for the next four years. I figured it would happen when it happened. 

We were approved!!!!!  It as sent out on Friday!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 1:17 PM, Wuozopo said:

If work has already started before his interview, you can also sponsor using proof of you new job and salary instead of having to get a joint sponsor.   You will need an employer letter showing your yearly salary is over the threshold. 

I have my letter of intent from my principal stating my start date (Sept 9th....which will be well before my husband has his interview as we’re still waiting for his LND number). 

It has my start date and my salary with is well over the threshold. Will this be sufficient for proof?  Also, does it have to have an original signature?  I received it through email so it’s a scanned copy...

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Missynick0903 said:

I have my letter of intent from my principal stating my start date (Sept 9th....which will be well before my husband has his interview as we’re still waiting for his LND number). 

It has my start date and my salary with is well over the threshold. Will this be sufficient for proof?  Also, does it have to have an original signature?  I received it through email so it’s a scanned copy...

I believe that will be sufficient. Do you also have your 2019 US tax return? That is required whether it shows enough income or not. The new job will be your proof of income. If you get a paycheck before the interview happens, scan that and email to him as well. 

28 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I believe that will be sufficient. Do you also have your 2019 US tax return? That is required whether it shows enough income or not. The new job will be your proof of income. If you get a paycheck before the interview happens, scan that and email to him as well. 

In the states we won’t file the 2019 tax return until next year after the year ends. 

I have my 2018 return....but it’s complicated because it technically shows a negative income...but that’s only because I was working here in the U.K. and that’s how it reflects on the form. (Don’t know if that makes sense to you or not).  But it states on the tax return that it was a foreign income.....it is over the threshold though...but it wasn’t a US income so I don’t know if that matters. 

My 2017 and 2016 tax returns are included as well which are also over the threshold. 

Ill probably be paid aid a few times by then so I’ll send him my Payslips

If worse comes to worse, we have all of my sisters paperwork if they feel we need a join sponsor. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Missynick0903 said:

In the states we won’t file the 2019 tax return until next year after the year ends. 

Sorry...typo. I meant 2018.

14 minutes ago, Missynick0903 said:

I have my 2018 return....but it’s complicated because it technically shows a negative income...but that’s only because I was working here in the U.K. and that’s how it reflects on the form. (Don’t know if that makes sense to you or not).  But it states on the tax return that it was a foreign income.....it is over the threshold though...but it wasn’t a US income so I don’t know if that matters. 

You  need the 2018 return because it's a requirement. Your UK income does not count toward sponsorship, so no matter if the return shows no taxable income, it's fine. 

Yes I understand the no taxable income and foreign income exclusion because I have done a few US tax returns for people in the U.K. to catch them up before their interview. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey. So my husbands medical is booked in for the 4th and interview for the 11th. 

He was wondering what what he needs to prepare and take to both appointments. And what the fees will be from here on out. 

I know he has to take the affidavit of support. It has all my info, my letter from my principal that I am employed there and my salary info. And I think I’ll have a payslip to send him too. 

But hes he’s wondering what else he’ll need to take for the medical and other documents for his interview. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Missynick0903 said:

Hey. So my husbands medical is booked in for the 4th and interview for the 11th. 

He was wondering what what he needs to prepare and take to both appointments. And what the fees will be from here on out. 

I know he has to take the affidavit of support. It has all my info, my letter from my principal that I am employed there and my salary info. And I think I’ll have a payslip to send him too. 

But hes he’s wondering what else he’ll need to take for the medical and other documents for his interview. 

Medical http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm

Interview https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/required-documents/

$535 Spouse Petition (USCIS)

$325 visa fee 

£45 police certificate (ACRO)

£350 medical (Knightsbridge) pay at the appointment

$30 or $0 (Courier) home delivery or pick up at depot

$220 Immigrant fee after you get the visa (USCIS ELIS)

• 4 weeks later...

Wondering if anyone’s had this same experience as us. My husband’s medical was on October 11th. And his interview was a week later on the 18th. Both appointments went fine. He breezed through both. The only hiccup he has was at the woman conducting the interview said they hadn’t received his medical packet as of then, but not to worry, that usually it comes through within a day or two and will only hold up the approval a few days. He let it go all last week to give it all time to get there and get sorted out. But we still hadn’t heard anything. 

He called the the medical office this morning. They stated that his medical packet was sent to the embassy on October 9th. So they should have had it for the interview. He’s emailed the embassy and got the generic “we’ll write back within 5 days” response.

But now I’m quite frustrated that things have maybe gotten jumbled. We were really hoping to have him here by the end of next week and I’m really annoyed. We’ve been apart for almost 7 weeks at this point. Any advice from anyone who’s been throug the same thing??

• 3 months later...

Really helpful to read all of the above. I have a few questions if anyone's able to help.
I'm British and my wife is my petitioner for a family green card.

We're someway through the journey but aware that USCIS London is due to close sometime between now and August 2020 so don't want to assume we've plenty of time.

My medical is booked for Wednesday 12th Feb.

1) Based on others experiences, is it worth waiting to actually have my medical before scheduling my interview appointment?

There's availability a week after but want to be safe :)

2) Do my wife and son (who plan to immigrate with me) need to be at the visa interview?

3) Re: proof of domicile and earning power, neither of us have jobs lined up but are currently making enquiries. We have equity in our property, some savings and an affidavit from father in law who has a decent salary. We plan to live with inlays for first month. This should be enough? Or recommend anything else? Or other paperwork?
4) If accepted, is the green card valid for 10 years?

5) I assume London have to give at least some notice before they say they're closing? i.e. they couldn't just say, that's it and all pending applications are cancelled?

Thanks so much for any help!!

7 minutes ago, huck said:

Really helpful to read all of the above. I have a few questions if anyone's able to help.

We're someway through the journey but aware that USCIS London is due to close sometime between now and August 2020 so don't want to assume we've plenty of time.

1) Based on others experiences, is it worth waiting to actually have my medical before scheduling my interview appointment?

2) Do my wife and son (who plan to immigrate with me) need to be at the visa interview?

3) Re: proof of domicile and earning power, neither of us have jobs lined up but are currently making enquiries. We have equity in our property, some savings and an affidavit from father in law who has a decent salary. We plan to live with inlays for first month. This should be enough? Or recommend anything else? Or other paperwork?

5) I assume London have to give at least some notice before they say they're closing? i.e. they couldn't just say, that's it and all pending applications are cancelled?

I can't tell where you are in the timeline.  Hopefully you have an approved petition.   Then you are done with USCIS.  The USCIS office stopped accepting petitions.

1. DCF Process is different post to post.  We scheduled everything together.

2. Only the beneficiary attends.

3. some form of plans to re-establish domicile will need to be provided.  I-864 is needed from you wife and sponsor.

4. depends on how long you are married at the time of entry

5.  USCIS office is closing, not the consulate.

If you have questions about your petition and process you should start you own tread.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
58 minutes ago, huck said:

No. Book it today for for the week of Feb 24 if available.

No. 

Your wife needs to fill out an I-864 and provide her US tax return for 2018. No visa until they have those two bits. (Or 2019 US tax return  if she’s already done it early). IF that hasn’t been done then maybe don’t get an interview just yet. Father-in-law has to provide same (I-864 and tax return) along with his W2 showing his earnings.
For re-establishing domicile— provide correspondence with potential employers showing looking for work, signed statement from father saying you will live in his home, inquiries into daycare for the child, any listing of your home for sale or correspondence with estate agents about listing it. Things that show you truly are making plans for a move to the US. 

10 years only if you have been married 2 full years when you enter the US. 2 years if you have been married a shorter time.

If your petition is already accepted by USCIS LONDON, then they will finish  approving the petition. The visa application DS-260, medical, and interview are not with the USCIS office. That is done by the Immigrant Visa Unit at the consulate (embassy) part of the Department of State. Different parts of the government. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.