Missynick0903

DCF London (merged)

121 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

I can't tell where you are in the timeline.  Hopefully you have an approved petition.   Then you are done with USCIS.  The USCIS office stopped accepting petitions.

1. DCF Process is different post to post.  We scheduled everything together.

2. Only the beneficiary attends.

3. some form of plans to re-establish domicile will need to be provided.  I-864 is needed from you wife and sponsor.

4. depends on how long you are married at the time of entry

5.  USCIS office is closing, not the consulate.

If you have questions about your petition and process you should start you own tread.

Sorry, yes we've completed the petition process and received a letter

Thanks for your help

3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

1) Based on others experiences, is it worth waiting to actually have my medical before scheduling my interview appointment?
No. Book it today for for the week of Feb 24 if available.

There's availability a week after but want to be safe :)

2) Do my wife and son (who plan to immigrate with me) need to be at the visa interview?
No. 

3) Re: proof of domicile and earning power, neither of us have jobs lined up but are currently making enquiries. We have equity in our property, some savings and an affidavit from father in law who has a decent salary. We plan to live with inlays for first month. This should be enough? Or recommend anything else? Or other paperwork?

Your wife needs to fill out an I-864 and provide her US tax return for 2018. No visa until they have those two bits. (Or 2019 US tax return  if she’s already done it early). IF that hasn’t been done then maybe don’t get an interview just yet. Father-in-law has to provide same (I-864 and tax return) along with his W2 showing his earnings.
For re-establishing domicile— provide correspondence with potential employers showing looking for work, signed statement from father saying you will live in his home, inquiries into daycare for the child, any listing of your home for sale or correspondence with estate agents about listing it. Things that show you truly are making plans for a move to the US. 

4) If accepted, is the green card valid for 10 years?

10 years only if you have been married 2 full years when you enter the US. 2 years if you have been married a shorter time.

5) I assume London have to give at least some notice before they say they're closing? i.e. they couldn't just say, that's it and all pending applications are cancelled?

If your petition is already accepted by USCIS LONDON, then they will finish  approving the petition. The visa application DS-260, medical, and interview are not with the USCIS office. That is done by the Immigrant Visa Unit at the consulate (embassy) part of the Department of State. Different parts of the government. 

1) can I ask why x2 week after? Just gives them good amount of time or..?
2-5) thanks that's helpful

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
20 minutes ago, huck said:

1) can I ask why x2 week after? Just gives them good amount of time or..?
2-5) thanks that's helpful

Well for about 2 years, the people interviewing (in London) one week after their medical were finding that the medical file wasn’t there yet. Or if it had arrived, it hadn’t been sent up to the IV Unit and wasn’t in the interview folder yet. So that kinda pushes them out of the work flow and they get back to the case whenever they have time. So I suggested the 24th which is only 7 working days after your medical. The embassy will be closed on the 17th...American holiday. That was just adding a small cushion so everything will be in order and you can hear “approved” on the day a keep on track to have the visa in hand one week after interview, instead of getting pushed to their “to do” list. 

Edited by Wuozopo

9 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Well for about 2 years, the people interviewing (in London) one week after their medical were finding that the medical file wasn’t there yet. Or if it had arrived, it hadn’t been sent up to the IV Unit and wasn’t in the interview folder yet. So that kinda pushes them out of the work flow and they get back to the case whenever they have time. So I suggested the 24th which is only 7 working days after your medical. The embassy will be closed on the 17th...American holiday. That was just adding a small cushion so everything will be in order and you can hear “approved” on the day a keep on track to have the visa in hand one week after interview, instead of getting pushed to their “to do” list. 

Thanks. I'd assume with current influx of applications before London's field office closes, there's even more chance of this.

Appreciate all the help guys. Here's to hoping

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2020 at 6:46 AM, huck said:

Thanks. I'd assume with current influx of applications before London's field office closes, there's even more chance of this.

Appreciate all the help guys. Here's to hoping

Appreciate all the input. Medical was fine. Interview in two weeks time.

We're currently compiling folder of documents to prove domicile and current earnings/earning power- has anyone compiled an exhaustive list of supporting documents outside of the standard ones listed here: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/required-documents/?

On 2/26/2020 at 1:27 AM, huck said:

We're currently compiling folder of documents to prove domicile and current earnings/earning power- has anyone compiled an exhaustive list of supporting documents outside of the standard ones listed here: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/required-documents/?

I did, but half of it wasn't necessary. I had only recently moved back to the US when my husband went for his interview, but I didn't make any special efforts at proving domicile. I suspect the fact that I had a letter of employment with my current salary, despite the fact that when I got the letter it was only my first day on the job, was enough to prove both domicile and ability to be a sponsor. I also piled on bank account statements going back a year, investment account statements going back a year, and IRS transcripts. It turned out that they weren't super interested in the transcripts (even though I went to great lengths to get them), and were actually more interested in my complete tax returns. 

On 2/28/2020 at 6:23 AM, meese said:

I did, but half of it wasn't necessary. I had only recently moved back to the US when my husband went for his interview, but I didn't make any special efforts at proving domicile. I suspect the fact that I had a letter of employment with my current salary, despite the fact that when I got the letter it was only my first day on the job, was enough to prove both domicile and ability to be a sponsor. I also piled on bank account statements going back a year, investment account statements going back a year, and IRS transcripts. It turned out that they weren't super interested in the transcripts (even though I went to great lengths to get them), and were actually more interested in my complete tax returns. 

Ok thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, huck said:

My wife (American) is planning to join me but some sites are saying you need to request permission for this? Don't see where you can do so..

It’s found on their Contact Us link. https://uk.usembassy.gov/iv_contact_form/

On 3/10/2020 at 2:07 PM, Wuozopo said:

It’s found on their Contact Us link. https://uk.usembassy.gov/iv_contact_form/

Thanks for this- turns out this wasn't essential in the end.

Approved for my IR-1 visa!

Appointment was at 9am so my wife and I got there around 30 minutes before. 

We were told to jump the queue as we were an immigration case.

Told to go to first floor (left and left again) and then waited to be seen at a window.
Guy called us over and took our copies of significant info (marriage certificate, birth certificate, current passport and my old passport, police checks). Also took our affidavit with evidence for that and my wifes US tax returns. Were then told to pay at another window before having 'interview' at first window. Asked about my current work, my wife's work, why we were choosing to relocate to states, healthcare plans and work plans. Guy was friendly and put us at ease. Told us we'd been approved and we should expect package shortly. Left embassy at 9.30am and package arrived this morning!

My only concern is about entry to the states in light of this Covid 19. We planned to arrive in August which thought would be fine but seems all up in the air at the moment!

Shout out to Wuozopo for advice- much appreciated!

20 minutes ago, huck said:

Asked about my current work, my wife's work, why we were choosing to relocate to states, healthcare plans and work plans. 

Thanks for the write up! Any chance you could elaborate on the questions they had regarding healthcare plans? At present we've only looked at plans, but won't be able to sign up before moving back, and just wondering if that's OK for them. 

2 hours ago, Melc said:

Thanks for the write up! Any chance you could elaborate on the questions they had regarding healthcare plans? At present we've only looked at plans, but won't be able to sign up before moving back, and just wondering if that's OK for them. 

Literally just asked if we'd looked into Healthcare plans and what are plan for that was. We quoted one we knew about and mentioned we hoped future jobs would provide it.

Fantastic thanks! 😄 That's a relief.

Good luck getting over! We were looking at arriving in late august as well, but have postponed the medical for now given the uncertainty.

3 hours ago, huck said:

Thanks for this- turns out this wasn't essential in the end.

Approved for my IR-1 visa!

Appointment was at 9am so my wife and I got there around 30 minutes before. 

We were told to jump the queue as we were an immigration case.

Told to go to first floor (left and left again) and then waited to be seen at a window.
Guy called us over and took our copies of significant info (marriage certificate, birth certificate, current passport and my old passport, police checks). Also took our affidavit with evidence for that and my wifes US tax returns. Were then told to pay at another window before having 'interview' at first window. Asked about my current work, my wife's work, why we were choosing to relocate to states, healthcare plans and work plans. Guy was friendly and put us at ease. Told us we'd been approved and we should expect package shortly. Left embassy at 9.30am and package arrived this morning!

My only concern is about entry to the states in light of this Covid 19. We planned to arrive in August which thought would be fine but seems all up in the air at the moment!

Shout out to Wuozopo for advice- much appreciated!

You got your interview done at the perfect time. It looks like the London office has cancelled all upcoming interviews with no specified date as to when these will resume. Out of interest, did you submit your wife's tax transcripts or the actual copy of the tax return?

Congratulations!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 4:10 PM, Wuozopo said:

Around October/November when we went to the medical place in London, the lady at reception mentioned they had just changed to a digital method of sending the medical information to the embassy.
So I expect for the past few months, booking the interview 'too close' to the medical appointment hasn't been much of an issue... :)
But good for someone to write their experience.

Let's see how long this DCF CR-1 takes! 😀
2019-05-22  I-130 Filed
2019-05-28  NOA1

2019-08-12  NOA2

2019-08-23  :  Packet 3 😎

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.