Missynick0903

DCF London (merged)

121 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Missynick0903 said:

Hi all. I received our email from the London embassy office on Friday the 14th June. So that was good. 

Do you mean you got notification from the  USCIS office in London that your I-130 petition was received?

You won't get denied over leaving something out. They will ask for it. You can try sending it by email. If it works, then great. If not, they will ask for it later and tell you how/where to send.

1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

Do you mean you got notification from the  USCIS office in London that your I-130 petition was received?

You won't get denied over leaving something out. They will ask for it. You can try sending it by email. If it works, then great. If not, they will ask for it later and tell you how/where to send.

Yes. That’s what I meant. They took payment on the 11th of June and I received the email that the petition was received on the 14th. 

Re: the I-407....that’s good. I’m hoping that the front of the form could be sufficient. I did email them about not including the back of the form and got an automated response back saying that they’ll reply within 5 business days. Hopefully I can just scan the back of the form and email it back to them. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Missynick0903 said:

Yes. That’s what I meant. They took payment on the 11th of June and I received the email that the petition was received on the 14th. 

Re: the I-407....that’s good. I’m hoping that the front of the form could be sufficient. I did email them about not including the back of the form and got an automated response back saying that they’ll reply within 5 business days. Hopefully I can just scan the back of the form and email it back to them. 

On another topic, may I suggest you get rid of your old K1 timeline. Start over.

Filing for: IR1/CR1 (DCF)

Add date you filed the petition

NOA1 date is June 14 (the date you got the email Notice OAction that they received the petition)

You'll get more accurate answers if people aren't thinking you are a K1 when they view your posts. And the Nevada and Dallas in your profile aren't accurate right now.

Edited by Wuozopo

I have a few questions about the I-864 for my joint sponsor. I’ve tried looking on a few forums but I’m getting unclear answers. Quick background. My sister is joint sponsoring. She makes well over the minimum. She files her taxes jointly with her husband, so she is also including a letter from her employer and is including 6 months worth of pay slips. 

1. In part 2....it asks for the immigrants mailing address. That should be our current mailing address here in London current?  Not an address in the US as we don’t have one yet. 

2. For Part 5. She will include herself, her husband, and my husband (the immigrant) in her household size right?  So it should be 3 for that.....I shouldn’t be included in there should I? 

3. In that same section....for number 8 and 9 it says income you are using from any other person who was counted in your household size. Is she supposed to put her husbands income even though we aren’t in need of his income for meet the minimum?  His income is on their 2018 tax return because they file jointly, but we don’t need it to meet the minimum requirement. 

4. With that said...for part 6 number 20 My current household income (total all lines from part 6 item 7, 10, 13, 16; the total will be compared to the poverty guideline). Again....is she just adding in her income only there if we aren’t including her husbands income?  

And Lastly

5. For Part 6 number 24a,b and c, it asks to list the tax year and the total income. Will it only be her income or the total income they asuenthey filed jointly?  

I think thats about all. 

Thanks all. 

Timeline

1. In part 2....it asks for the immigrants mailing address. That should be our current mailing address here in London current?  Not an address in the US as we don’t have one yet. 

**Current in London

2. For Part 5. She will include herself, her husband, and my husband (the immigrant) in her household size right?  So it should be 3 for that.....I shouldn’t be included in there should I? 

**Three. You are American and are not required to have support provided.

3. In that same section....for number 8 and 9 it says income you are using from any other person who was counted in your household size. Is she supposed to put her husbands income even though we aren’t in need of his income for meet the minimum?  His income is on their 2018 tax return because they file jointly, but we don’t need it to meet the minimum requirement. 

**She does not include him because she makes enough for household count of 3 all by herself. She is proving her separate income with her employer letter and pay slips because the tax returns lumps hers with her husband's. Include a copy of her W2 to show her part as well.

4. With that said...for part 6 number 20 My current household income (total all lines from part 6 item 7, 10, 13, 16; the total will be compared to the poverty guideline). Again....is she just adding in her income only there if we aren’t including her husbands income?  

**Line 7: her separate income as proven by her W2 or her employer letter

Lines 8, 11, 14, 17: N/A

Line 20: Same as Line 7

Lines 21, 22: Blank. No checks.

And Lastly

5. For Part 6 number 24a,b and c, it asks to list the tax year and the total income. Will it only be her income or the total income they asuenthey filed jointly?  

**Exactly what is on the tax return albeit joint for "Total Income". This isn't about her income. It's about what's on the tax return. 

For 2018 it comes from Line 6 on Form 1040 (Forms changed in 2018)

For 2017 and 2016 use Line 22 on Form 1040.

My wife had a joint return with her former spouse that she turned in and she listed their (joint) tax return income on that line. Not a problem.

• 1 month later...

Question....I’m just looking ahead because the processing times slowed down a little bit. I’m leaving the U.K.  to start work for September 9th...so if they continue to be slow, I won’t need the joint sponsor for our affidavit of support as my salary is enough for the minimum. (Although I’m hoping we hear something by the time I leave)

I was looking back back in the thread at the rest of the fees we have and wondered about what the next few steps are and when my husband has to actually submit the I-864. We received out NOA1 on June11th. And they’re currently processing petitions from May 8th. 

IR1/CR1 spouse basic fees

$535 Spouse Petition (USCIS)

$325 visa fee (NVC)

$120 affidavit of support review (NVC)

£45 police certificate (ACRO)

£330 medical (Knightsbridge) pay at the appointment

$30 or $0 (Courier) home delivery or pick up at depot

$220 Immigrant fee after you get the visa (USCIS ELIS)

i think next is the online form for the 260, correct.....and then he books a medical after that?? Does he take the I-864 to the interview and it gets reviewed and paid for right there?  

Edited by Missynick0903

Timeline
3 hours ago, Missynick0903 said:

I was looking back back in the thread at the rest of the fees we have and wondered about what the next few steps are and when my husband has to actually submit the I-864. We received out NOA1 on June11th. And they’re currently processing petitions from May 8th. 

That was my list for a regular IR1/CR1 because that's the route you planned to do. Switching to DCF skips the NVC and the fees or their payment are slightly different. Revising list for you with changes in bold.

IR1/CR1 spouse doing DCF 

$325 visa fee (pay at interview)

$0 affidavit of support review No fee for DCF

£350 medical (Knightsbridge) pay at the appointment. Note it just went up

The Affidavit of support (I-864) is taken to the interview.

Steps now are: 

Order police certificate

Visit GP office to get immunisation printout to see what he needs

Get shots if needed (likely only need one shot)

Get medical summary printout.

Edited by Wuozopo

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 1:09 PM, Wuozopo said:

That was my list for a regular IR1/CR1 because that's the route you planned to do. Switching to DCF skips the NVC and the fees or their payment are slightly different. Revising list for you with changes in bold.

IR1/CR1 spouse doing DCF 

$325 visa fee (pay at interview)

$0 affidavit of support review No fee for DCF

£350 medical (Knightsbridge) pay at the appointment. Note it just went up

The Affidavit of support (I-864) is taken to the interview.

Steps now are: 

Order police certificate

Visit GP office to get immunisation printout to see what he needs

Get shots if needed (likely only need one shot)

Get medical summary printout.

Thank you!  Nick did his police check over the weekend so hopefully that’ll be on it’s way soon. 

Question for you....I’m contacted to start my teaching job in the states on September 9th. I’m able to go early before my husband even if the visa isn’t fully finished correct?  I’m only asking because we did DCF so I panicked last night thinking I had to stay the entire time until it’s approved. 

Edited by Missynick0903

Timeline
3 hours ago, Missynick0903 said:

Thank you!  Nick did his police check over the weekend so hopefully that’ll be on it’s way soon. 

Question for you....I’m contacted to start my teaching job in the states on September 9th. I’m able to go early before my husband even if the visa isn’t fully finished correct?  I’m only asking because we did DCF so I panicked last night thinking I had to stay the entire time until it’s approved. 

You were eligible to file your petition at the London USCIS office by living in the U.K. at the time of filing. You can leave before the visa is issued.

Leaving actually will take care of the domicile issue that DCFs face. On a spouse visa you have to be the sponsor on an I-864 affidavit of support. That form requires sponsors to be domiciled in the US. DCF spouses living in the UK aren't, but can show intent to re-establish domicile with various proofs as the work around. You can actually already be domiciled in the US. If work has already started before his interview, you can also sponsor using proof of you new job and salary instead of having to get a joint sponsor.   You will need an employer letter showing your yearly salary is over the threshold. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got our NOA2 in the mail. I was wondering if anybody knows how long you can wait to have the interview? 

we were thinking of waiting until our second anniversary to enter, but the visa is based on the date of your medical, right?

Edited by Melc

Timeline
3 hours ago, Melc said:

Just got our NOA2 in the mail. I was wondering if anybody knows how long you can wait to have the interview? 

we were thinking of waiting until our second anniversary to enter, but the visa is based on the date of your medical, right?

See the information written in the paragraphs on this page from the London embassy website.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/entry-united-states/

The validity period of an immigrant and fiancé(e) visa is.....

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
3 hours ago, Melc said:

You shouldn't plan a medical until December. 

7 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

See the information written in the paragraphs on this page from the London embassy website.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/entry-united-states/

The validity period of an immigrant and fiancé(e) visa is.....

Thanks! I recalled reading it somewhere but wasn't able to find it again. 

You shouldn't plan a medical until December. 

Ok! And there is no issue in waiting a few months while before proceeding? I believe at the NVC you have a year, but I wasn't sure if that's also the case at the Immigrant Visa Unit at the consulate. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Melc said:

Thanks! I recalled reading it somewhere but wasn't able to find it again. 

Ok! And there is no issue in waiting a few months while before proceeding? I believe at the NVC you have a year, but I wasn't sure if that's also the case at the Immigrant Visa Unit at the consulate. 

No issue waiting a few months to pick your medical date or pick your interview. Meanwhile get your things needed for the medical lined out. And make sure you have the documents needed for the interview ready. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 4:10 PM, DaveBC said:

Here is my recent IR1/CR1 timeline if it helps.

[Week 1] 1st Oct 2018 - Petition Sent

[Week 1] 4th Oct 2018 - Petition Received

[Week 4] 1st Nov 2018 - Petition Accepted

[Week 5] 6th Nov 2018 - Instructions Sent

[Week 15] 7th Jan 2019 - LND Number Received

[Week 15] 10th Jan 2019 - Knightsbridge Medical

[Week 18] 8th Feb 2019 - Embassy Appointment (in and out within 30 minutes)

[Week 19] 15th Feb 2019 - Passport Returned

[Week 19] 15th Feb 2019 - USCIS Immigration Fee Paid

[Week 24] 20th Mar 2019 - Entry to US (Miami)

[Week 32] 18th May 2019 - Green Card Received

From my experience, I had everything in order so that when it was asked for it was ready (note: birth certificate must have your parents names. My parents only had a short certificate that didn't have their names so that had to be requested from the registry office). If we had no delays (lost in mail/holidays) it would have been possible to enter the US 8 weeks from the day we mailed the petition. There were plenty of appointments available for both the medical and interview.

*Instructions never received (presumed lost in mail). Consulate would only reply with generic "wait 8 weeks" reply. Turned out they mailed it Nov 6th when they finally replied on Jan 7th.

**Away on holiday for 2 weeks.

Hi there. According to last weeks processing times update and the date we were given on our NOA1, we haven’t gotten our NOA2 yet and I recalled that you told me you had something lost in the mail. Was it the NOA2?  

Our NOA1 gave up a June 11th date. And last Friday they posted that they were currently processing petitions from June 14th. So we should have received ours...but haven’t yet. Just in a slight panic...but trying to at least hold it together until this Friday in hopes it will turn up. 

I leave for the states already on September 6th and was really hoping that we would have heard by now. I can’t figure out what could possibly be wrong with our petition. It seemed so clear cut for us. Who did you contact when you realized that your paperwork had been lost?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.