Missynick0903

DCF London (merged)

121 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Keep in mind that for either way you go, you will need to prove US domicile or prove intent to establish US domicile and also US-based income for the US citizen petitioner sufficient to satisfy the IO at the interview to sponsor your husband.  Do more research on the process and consider the US domicile and US income as required parts of a successful filing as well.  You as a US citizen will also need to show your US tax returns for the last three years, based on your worldwide income.  Good luck!

Edited by carmel34

1 hour ago, carmel34 said:

Keep in mind that for either way you go, you will need to prove US domicile or prove intent to establish US domicile and also US-based income for the US citizen petitioner sufficient to satisfy the IO at the interview to sponsor your husband.  Do more research on the process and consider the US domicile and US income as required parts of a successful filing as well.  You as a US citizen will also need to show your US tax returns for the last three years, based on your worldwide income.  Good luck!

If I have a signed  job contract does that count?  What is US domicile?  I can’t remember from when I did his K1.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Missynick0903 said:

If I have a signed  job contract does that count?  What is US domicile?  I can’t remember from when I did his K1.....

Do you remember doing an I-134 Affidavit of Support for the K1 interview? Well for the spouse visas (IR1/Cr1) interview,  the Affidavit of Support is a different form called I-864. It is stricter and has more requirements written in immigration law. One is the sponsor must be a US person...live in the US...domiciled in the US.  Since you are the spouse, you are the primary sponsor on that I-864. But not living (domiciled) in the US, you don't qualify to be a sponsor. Catch 22. 

The work around is prove your time in London was temporary and you maintained your US domicile by showing you kept up your driver license, voter registration, have a US bank account and such as that. Or if not,  you can show "intent to restablish domicile" which is pretty easy for a London interview.  Correspondence looking for jobs, a job offer, or checking out apartments for example. Maybe an affidavit from your folks stating you will be living with them if that's the case. You will need a joint sponsor on the I-864 because you will not have US income for your I-864. OR you can file DCF while legally in the U.K., then move ahead of him and start a job. That takes care of domicile and income, but is probably not realistic on your timetable.

Edited by Wuozopo

9 hours ago, missileman said:

It has been announced that all overseas USCIS offices are closing.  Manilla has already stopped accepting I-130s....

Moscow also discontinued DCF, a month or more before closing the USCIS office.

12 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Do you remember doing an I-134 Affidavit of Support for the K1 interview? Well for the spouse visas (IR1/Cr1) interview,  the Affidavit of Support is a different form called I-864. It is stricter and has more requirements written in immigration law. One is the sponsor must be a US person...live in the US...domiciled in the US.  Since you are the spouse, you are the primary sponsor on that I-864. But not living (domiciled) in the US, you don't qualify to be a sponsor. Catch 22. 

The work around is prove your time in London was temporary and you maintained your US domicile by showing you kept up your driver license, voter registration, have a US bank account and such as that. Or if not,  you can show "intent to restablish domicile" which is pretty easy for a London interview.  Correspondence looking for jobs, a job offer, or checking out apartments for example. Maybe an affidavit from your folks stating you will be living with them if that's the case. You will need a joint sponsor on the I-864 because you will not have US income for your I-864. OR you can file DCF while legally in the U.K., then move ahead of him and start a job. That takes care of domicile and income, but is probably not realistic on your timetable.

Oh yes. Ok. I remember. I’m almost positive that I’ll have a solid contract.  But I don’t know if I’ll be going out before Nick or not. This is what we were talking about last night. A few more things have to fall into place before I can figure that out. 

But in in the meantime...I think I’ll have my sister and brother in law joint sponsor. 

I do plan on filing DCF while still here in London....is that process different to the above IR1/CR1 you mentioned??  I thought they were virtually the same with the exception of the paperwork going straight to London rather than a lockbox in the States. I’m assuming that we’ll still have to have all of this support, income, etc no matter which way I file. Luckily....I still have my drivers license, bank account, and voter registration....so those things are all taken care of. 

Thanks for the help. This community is really wonderful. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Missynick0903 said:

I do plan on filing DCF while still here in London....is that process different to the above IR1/CR1 you mentioned??  I thought they were virtually the same with the exception of the paperwork going straight to London rather than a lockbox in the States. I’m assuming that we’ll still have to have all of this support, income, etc no matter which way I file. Luckily....I still have my drivers license, bank account, and voter registration....so those things are all taken care of. 

The name of the spouse visa is IR1 or CR1 depending on the length of your marriage but the paperwork to get it is the same, so it is commonly called IR1/CR1 on the forums. You have been married more than two years so yours will be IR1 visa

Yes, Direct Consular Filing means your initial petition paperwork for the IR1/CR1 visa starts at the USCIS office in London then transfers to the Immigrant Visa Unit in London for the interview and visa issuing part. 

Regular IR1/CR1 visa processing has the same paperwork but to different places--

Starts at USCIS in the states, then to National Visa Center (NVC) in the states, then to Immigrant Visa Unit in London.

Thanks everyone!  I think this is my last question for now as we're trying to sort out the financial aspect of it all.  Does this IR-1 visa only cost the $535 or will there be another fee for medical, biometrics, etc.?

2 minutes ago, Missynick0903 said:

Thanks everyone!  I think this is my last question for now as we're trying to sort out the financial aspect of it all.  Does this IR-1 visa only cost the $535 or will there be another fee for medical, biometrics, etc.?

Thats just the I-130.  There is a $325 IV fee, $120 affidavit of support fee, and $220 immigrant fee.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Missynick0903 said:

IR1/CR1 spouse basic fees

$535 Spouse Petition (USCIS)

(Edited to take out NVC fees)

$325 visa fee (embassy)

£45 police certificate (ACRO)

£330 medical (Knightsbridge) pay at the appointment

$30 or $0 (Courier) home delivery or pick up at depot

$220 Immigrant fee after you get the visa (USCIS ELIS)

Edited by Wuozopo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

IR1/CR1 spouse basic fees

$535 Spouse Petition (USCIS)

$325 visa fee (NVC)

$120 affidavit of support review (NVC)

£45 police certificate (ACRO)

£330 medical (Knightsbridge) pay at the appointment

$30 or $0 (Courier) home delivery or pick up at depot

$220 Immigrant fee after you get the visa (USCIS ELIS)

and for future planning purposes, a $680 fee for Removal of Conditions/Biometrics (if entering on a conditional 2 year Green Card).........the fun never stops.....until after naturalization.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, missileman said:

and for future planning purposes, a $680 fee for Removal of Conditions/Biometrics (if entering on a conditional 2 year Green Card).........the fun never stops.....until after naturalization.

I was editing  my list while you quoted it because DCF process doesn't go through NVC

And the OP will not do Removal of Conditions.

12 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I was editing  my list while you quoted it because DCF process doesn't go through NVC

And the OP will not do Removal of Conditions.

When would that step happen?

And What does your last statement mean.....(the OP will not do removal conditions)...I'm not familiar with the acronyms are....and not familiar with removal of conditions.  Sorry for all the questions.  

19 minutes ago, missileman said:

When does this step happen??  I don't think we got there with his first green card because we left the states after he was only there for like 2 years. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Missynick0903 said:

When does this step happen??  I don't think we got there with his first green card because we left the states after he was only there for like 2 years. 

It won't for you as your marriage is older than  2 years

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.