Missynick0903

DCF London (merged)

121 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Penguin_ie said:

*****  Two threads on the same issue merged.  PLease do not post more than once on a question/ problem.  If you have follow on questions or more info, post them as a reply to the original thread ******

Sorry about that. 

I think I didn’t explain myself fully enough in that post. 

When  I did my husbands K1 a few years back....people would post their current timelines whilst waiting for their paperwork to process. When a fellow Wuozopo linked the U.K. forum....I thought maybe someone would have done the same thing and that’s what I was looking for.  I know he said 6-7 weeks....and I think it mentioned on the embassy website that there process paperwork from April. I think I just wanted to see a current timeline...like start to finish. I found one, but it was from 2013 so I wasn’t sure how relevant that would be for now. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
7 hours ago, Missynick0903 said:

Sorry about that. 

When  I did my husbands K1 a few years back....people would post their current timelines whilst waiting for their paperwork to process. When a fellow Wuozopo linked the U.K. forum....I thought maybe someone would have done the same thing and that’s what I was looking for.  I know he said 6-7 weeks....and I think it mentioned on the embassy website that there process paperwork from April. I think I just wanted to see a current timeline...like start to finish. I found one, but it was from 2013 so I wasn’t sure how relevant that would be for now. 

There aren't many DCFs so you're not going to find much in the way of current timeline. The USCIS office in London website says 6-7 weeks for the petition approval (Part 1).

Then for estimating Part 2 (after case is with Immigrant Visa Unit in London), you can start looking at the many K1 visa posts in this London forum. You are somewhat a hybrid at the point where your file gets to the embassy Visa Unit. Because you get to skip all the NVC, your general progress is going to be very similar to a K1 fiancé because you will be booking your own interview and taking all your required documents to the interview. So read their topics and follow their timelines about the medical exam and booking the interview.

For clarity, when following K1s, keep in mind your time and procedure should be the same but your documents will be slightly different for a spouse visa.

K1: Online application is Form DS-160. Affidavit of Support is Form I-134.

IR1/CR1: Online application is Form DS-260. Affidavit of Support is Form I-864. And I believe you will pay your visa fee at a cashier window on interview day instead of online ahead of time.

Once the K1 and DCF cases get to the embassy, both visas will do an online application, call to get a medical appointment, pick an interview date online and make courier arrangements,  go to the same place to interview, and wait for the visa to be returned to you. The times will be the same for estimating purposes. 

6 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

There aren't many DCFs so you're not going to find much in the way of current timeline. The USCIS office in London website says 6-7 weeks for the petition approval (Part 1).

Then for estimating Part 2 (after case is with Immigrant Visa Unit in London), you can start looking at the many K1 visa posts in this London forum. You are somewhat a hybrid at the point where your file gets to the embassy Visa Unit. Because you get to skip all the NVC, your general progress is going to be very similar to a K1 fiancé because you will be booking your own interview and taking all your required documents to the interview. So read their topics and follow their timelines about the medical exam and booking the interview.

For clarity, when following K1s, keep in mind your time and procedure should be the same but your documents will be slightly different for a spouse visa.

K1: Online application is Form DS-160. Affidavit of Support is Form I-134.

IR1/CR1: Online application is Form DS-260. Affidavit of Support is Form I-864. And I believe you will pay your visa fee at a cashier window on interview day instead of online ahead of time.

Once the K1 and DCF cases get to the embassy, both visas will do an online application, call to get a medical appointment, pick an interview date online and make courier arrangements,  go to the same place to interview, and wait for the visa to be returned to you. The times will be the same for estimating purposes. 

I'm having a difficult time locating where the k1 times are....and where I would fall under if I'm referencing those.  would I start looking at when they filed that DS-160?  And is that the online form you were referencing in Part 2?  I can't remember doing that part of it when I did my husbands K1.

I feel so overwhelmed by figuring this out because there's not a case similar to mine to reference.  

10 minutes ago, Missynick0903 said:

I'm having a difficult time locating where the k1 times are....and where I would fall under if I'm referencing those.  would I start looking at when they filed that DS-160?  And is that the online form you were referencing in Part 2?  I can't remember doing that part of it when I did my husbands K1.

I feel so overwhelmed by figuring this out because there's not a case similar to mine to reference.  

Ok....I just reread the step by step guide and it helped me out a little bit.  

On 5/7/2019 at 5:50 PM, Wuozopo said:

Do you remember doing an I-134 Affidavit of Support for the K1 interview? Well for the spouse visas (IR1/Cr1) interview,  the Affidavit of Support is a different form called I-864. It is stricter and has more requirements written in immigration law. One is the sponsor must be a US person...live in the US...domiciled in the US.  Since you are the spouse, you are the primary sponsor on that I-864. But not living (domiciled) in the US, you don't qualify to be a sponsor. Catch 22. 

The work around is prove your time in London was temporary and you maintained your US domicile by showing you kept up your driver license, voter registration, have a US bank account and such as that. Or if not,  you can show "intent to restablish domicile" which is pretty easy for a London interview.  Correspondence looking for jobs, a job offer, or checking out apartments for example. Maybe an affidavit from your folks stating you will be living with them if that's the case. You will need a joint sponsor on the I-864 because you will not have US income for your I-864. OR you can file DCF while legally in the U.K., then move ahead of him and start a job. That takes care of domicile and income, but is probably not realistic on your timetable.

Ok....this is the next part that I’m looking at. 

Since Im not in the US and working, I can’t sponsor my husband. My sister in Philadelphia is going to be a joint sponsor. I want to give her time to get everything together and send it over to us so that we can send it right back in after our petition is approved. 

So will I have to fill out my own I-864 And will she have to fill out her own?? Or will we only have 1 between the two of us? 

Im going to alert her of the 3 years of tax returns. How many bank statements will she need?  How many W2s or play slips will she need? I want to give her enough time. 

Finally, what will I need to send in for myself in order to prove “intent to establish domicile”. And do I send all of that in along with my I-864? I’m not moving that far ahead of him to establish that all myself. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Missynick0903 said:

No case is the same for various reasons. And there is no list to follow. If you want to see how long your Part 2 might take, then start reading threads which are full of comments by K1s. Make sure they are UK people by looking at the flags. (England, Scotland, Wales, or Union Jack) On their side profile it says "Timeline" which you click to view. Look over ones you feel are recent to get an idea of how long it took them. Here's some random ones I got out of a thread as examples. 

Liam https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=285018

His consulate received date was April 9 and he interviewed on  May 7 so about a month for Part 2 plus about a week to get the visa back

Coltr https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=294873

Consulate received Nov 19. Interview Dec 17. Visa delivered Jan2

LukeU https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=305644

Consulate Jan 15. Interview Mar 11. Delivered March 13 so 2 months. 

Start reading the threads in the forum and getting familiar with the people if you want to know.

Forgot to give you this one

moreadore  https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=291414 

Consulate received Oct 10. Interview Nov 10. And still no visa received!!! Stuff happens. 

Edited by Wuozopo

What documents would my joint sponsor need to start getting ready for me?  I want to give her time to collect them and send them here to London for when we need them. 

And do we we both need to fill out our own I-864?  And will I need to prove documents with my I864 as well?  

Timeline
5 hours ago, Missynick0903 said:

What documents would my joint sponsor need to start getting ready for me?  I want to give her time to collect them and send them here to London for when we need them. 

And do we we both need to fill out our own I-864?  And will I need to prove documents with my I864 as well?  

Yes, there will be two I-864s.  Your minimum evidence to submit is your 2018 US tax return.

See the I-864 form page here https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

It has the instructions which will list supporting documents and down the same page is a checklist of supporting documents needed.

Edited by Wuozopo

On 5/13/2019 at 2:07 AM, Missynick0903 said:

Sorry about that. 

Here is my recent IR1/CR1 timeline if it helps.

[Week 1] 1st Oct 2018 - Petition Sent

[Week 1] 4th Oct 2018 - Petition Received

[Week 4] 1st Nov 2018 - Petition Accepted

[Week 5] 6th Nov 2018 - Instructions Sent

[Week 15] 7th Jan 2019 - LND Number Received

[Week 15] 10th Jan 2019 - Knightsbridge Medical

[Week 18] 8th Feb 2019 - Embassy Appointment (in and out within 30 minutes)

[Week 19] 15th Feb 2019 - Passport Returned

[Week 19] 15th Feb 2019 - USCIS Immigration Fee Paid

[Week 24] 20th Mar 2019 - Entry to US (Miami)

[Week 32] 18th May 2019 - Green Card Received

From my experience, I had everything in order so that when it was asked for it was ready (note: birth certificate must have your parents names. My parents only had a short certificate that didn't have their names so that had to be requested from the registry office). If we had no delays (lost in mail/holidays) it would have been possible to enter the US 8 weeks from the day we mailed the petition. There were plenty of appointments available for both the medical and interview.

*Instructions never received (presumed lost in mail). Consulate would only reply with generic "wait 8 weeks" reply. Turned out they mailed it Nov 6th when they finally replied on Jan 7th.

**Away on holiday for 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 4:10 PM, DaveBC said:

Here is my recent IR1/CR1 timeline if it helps.

[Week 1] 1st Oct 2018 - Petition Sent

[Week 1] 4th Oct 2018 - Petition Received

[Week 4] 1st Nov 2018 - Petition Accepted

[Week 5] 6th Nov 2018 - Instructions Sent

[Week 15] 7th Jan 2019 - LND Number Received

[Week 15] 10th Jan 2019 - Knightsbridge Medical

[Week 18] 8th Feb 2019 - Embassy Appointment (in and out within 30 minutes)

[Week 19] 15th Feb 2019 - Passport Returned

[Week 19] 15th Feb 2019 - USCIS Immigration Fee Paid

[Week 24] 20th Mar 2019 - Entry to US (Miami)

[Week 32] 18th May 2019 - Green Card Received

From my experience, I had everything in order so that when it was asked for it was ready (note: birth certificate must have your parents names. My parents only had a short certificate that didn't have their names so that had to be requested from the registry office). If we had no delays (lost in mail/holidays) it would have been possible to enter the US 8 weeks from the day we mailed the petition. There were plenty of appointments available for both the medical and interview.

*Instructions never received (presumed lost in mail). Consulate would only reply with generic "wait 8 weeks" reply. Turned out they mailed it Nov 6th when they finally replied on Jan 7th.

**Away on holiday for 2 weeks.

Thank you for this!  For my proof of US citizenship, do I have to send in both a copy of my birth certificate AND a copy of my passport, or can I just send in one or the other?  

Also...how much evidence did you send in showing that you've been married for however long?  We have our marriage certificate plus both of our leases that we've has since living here.  What about pictures?  How many should we send in?

Edited by Missynick0903

Quick questions about the I-130.  

In Part 4- Question 1-3 Alien Reg. Number, USCIS online Account.number, US SSN

Would I include Nick's Alien Registration Number from before when he came on a K1? As well as his US social security number he hd before when he lived int he states after we were married?

In Part 4- Question 10- (Has anyone else ever filed a petition for the beneficiary?)

No one else has ever filed a petition besides me....but I did fill out an I129 when I was doing his K1-  So would I check yes because there's been a prior petition?  or No, because I'm the only one who's ever filled one out for him.  

Part 4- Question 12a-12e- Provide the address in the US where the beneficiary intends to live.

We don't have an address yet.....my sister is going to be our joint sponsor so should we put her address in there?

Edited by Missynick0903
added a question

Timeline
1 hour ago, Missynick0903 said:

Quick questions about the I-130.  

In Part 4- Question 1-3 Alien Reg. Number, USCIS online Account.number, US SSN

Would I include Nick's Alien Registration Number from before when he came on a K1? As well as his US social security number he hd before when he lived int he states after we were married?

In Part 4- Question 10- (Has anyone else ever filed a petition for the beneficiary?)

No one else has ever filed a petition besides me....but I did fill out an I129 when I was doing his K1-  So would I check yes because there's been a prior petition?  or No, because I'm the only one who's ever filled one out for him.  

Part 4- Question 12a-12e- Provide the address in the US where the beneficiary intends to live.

We don't have an address yet.....my sister is going to be our joint sponsor so should we put her address in there?

I would say yes to SSN and A#. 

Anyone else file petition--I tend to think No because of the word "else", meaning besides you. However to explain/disclose the K1, you could say "Yes" then use the addition info area to state "I the petitioner filed an I 129F petition for the beneficiary in [year].

Address in US? Sure, use your sister's address. It provides a point of contact if they need to hunt him down 😂. It's not critical on the petition because it can change as your plans change, or be  updated at interview or POE. Also filed as a change of address with USCIS after entry if you get a new place.

24 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I would say yes to SSN and A#. 

Anyone else file petition--I tend to think No because of the word "else", meaning besides you. However to explain/disclose the K1, you could say "Yes" then use the addition info area to state "I the petitioner filed an I 129F petition for the beneficiary in [year].

Address in US? Sure, use your sister's address. It provides a point of contact if they need to hunt him down 😂. It's not critical on the petition because it can change as your plans change, or be  updated at interview or POE. Also filed as a change of address with USCIS after entry if you get a new place.

Thank you!!  Just quickly, when I'm writing addresses in the form and it asks for country.....should I be writing United Kingdom or Great Britain?

Also.....now that I'm on Part 5- Have you ever previously filed a petition for this beneficiary

This helps with my last question.  But it asks to list the city/town and state where I filed last time.  Should I put down where I lived when I filed, or the dropbox I had to send it to.  I lived in Nevada and we filed at the California dropbox back in 2015.

Edited by Missynick0903

On 5/31/2019 at 6:26 AM, Missynick0903 said:

Thank you for this!  For my proof of US citizenship, do I have to send in both a copy of my birth certificate AND a copy of my passport, or can I just send in one or the other?  

Also...how much evidence did you send in showing that you've been married for however long?  We have our marriage certificate plus both of our leases that we've has since living here.  What about pictures?  How many should we send in?

My wife used just her passport. 

We sent just the marriage certificate. I took other evidence with me to the embassy just in case but they never asked for it. They literally just asked me what is my wife's name and sent me on my way.

So we have everything all set to send out tomorrow to file our petition. 

The uk embassy website says that as of May 31st....that they’re currently processing petition from March 21st so I’m thinking ours might take longer than the 6-7 weeks we were hoping. 

In order to to save money for our move, my husband and I are going to move into his Uncle’s Flat when our lease is up in August. I’m trying to work out where to address our self addressed envelope...

If it end ends up not taking as long, I don’t want to miss it if we address to his uncles (his flat is way across town and he’s not currently living there so it’s not like we’d have him to let us know it’s arrived). But if we address it to our flat in West London and it does take longer than August...then we won’t be living here. 

Any suggestions?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.