TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,370 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, lebanon1989 said:

yes but without any clear answer.

They probably replied with a generic answer that your case is still under administrative processing  and need to wait. 

Make sure you keep following up on the inquiries every 30 to 60 days. They do help. It's better if you ask your senator if you are the petitioner to send one on your behalf. 

Hi guys, My husband had his interview November 6,2018 at the Islamabad embassy. My husband was handed a white slip 221g for administrative processing and a week after the interview we received the additional information questionnaire (DS5535). We submitted the information November 16th 2018. Since then we had 7-8 updates on its on. Then in February updates stopped and I recently inquired and got an update again. 

My question is who do I contact my state senator or congressman to inquire on my behalf? 

Thank you 

Also how do I contact my state representatives? I am from California. 

23 minutes ago, MIra3 said:

Hi guys, My husband had his interview November 6,2018 at the Islamabad embassy. My husband was handed a white slip 221g for administrative processing and a week after the interview we received the additional information questionnaire (DS5535). We submitted the information November 16th 2018. Since then we had 7-8 updates on its on. Then in February updates stopped and I recently inquired and got an update again. 

My question is who do I contact my state senator or congressman to inquire on my behalf? 

Thank you 

Also how do I contact my state representatives? I am from California. 

It's better to ask your state senator. 

54 minutes ago, paki-guy said:

It's better if you contact federal senator from CA i.e. Kamela Harris. She is running for 2020 and needs lots of support so her staff will try their best to help you because She needs your vote. (Common sense). Also Embassy will pay more attention to Kamela Harris, because they know if she wins she become their boss too. Go to Her website and e-mail her and her staff will reply you with the requested information including release form.

You mean we can contact her whether we live in any state ?? Right ?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarac9 said:

39 days since submission of second medical...no word yet.. 

What's going on? 

Y'Allah please please help us. This is a traumatic experience which we will never forget. :(

Yes you right, we have no choice other than wait and pray to Lord, it's really makes sick atleast they should keep us in loop and make us aware that on what stage applicatiin is atleast with short message like they put status AP.

Oh Lord have mercy on us.

On 5/15/2019 at 6:57 AM, paki-guy said:

It's better if you contact federal senator from CA i.e. Kamela Harris. She is running for 2020 and needs lots of support so her staff will try their best to help you because She needs your vote. (Common sense). Also Embassy will pay more attention to Kamela Harris, because they know if she wins she become their boss too. Go to Her website and e-mail her and her staff will reply you with the requested information including release form.

Thank u so much for the tip. I appreciate it. 

Timeline

Paki Guy - Is there any reason why we can’t get assistance from a Senator who works in another state?  Initially you suggested to reach out to her because she has a great motivation to respond (wanting our votes) and as you pointed out, the consulates may also recognize that she could be their boss someday. These seem like great motivation to get some movement on our cases. 

DEAB

@paki-guy 

Beneficiary's interview was on Feb 12, 2018. DS5535 was requested the same day. DS-5535 was sent to Islamabad embassy on Feb 13, 2018. 
Contacted senator and sent inquiries to Islamabad embassy but always get the same generic reply. 

Let me know what info you need before you can tell when beneficiary will get visa? I have tried to message you but I am receiving the following error: Paki-guy cannot receive message. 
Please message me so that I can send you the details in the message. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, deab said:

Paki Guy - Is there any reason why we can’t get assistance from a Senator who works in another state?  Initially you suggested to reach out to her because she has a great motivation to respond (wanting our votes) and as you pointed out, the consulates may also recognize that she could be their boss someday. These seem like great motivation to get some movement on our cases. 

Yes- You can only contact Congressmen/women from your own state. Pretty much all of them require that you give your zip code or address to confirm that you are a member of their jurisdiction. However- you could try to find a friend or family member that lives in the district and have them send a letter/email talking about the impact of your situation. I have had my family write letters on behalf of me and my husband and talking about how the travel ban has impacted me and my whole family. Just a suggestion. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.