365 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, ali.cha said:

Yup! Same. Was hoping to access online earlier to find out the date and location, I guess not, will have to wait a couple of days

image.png.5db0e83f12ffdcf41f6f5a90d50d25c8.png

Got the exact same notice this morning.  I assume it'll show at some point next week...

My estimated time says 8 months. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi, is your filled office the closest from where you live ? I'm north of San Francisco and I assumed that SF would be my filled office although I don't see it anywhere. 

Don't confuse my personality with my attitude....My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

N-400 filed Online on May 06  2019 I receive my biometrics appointment on May 11th with date of May 30 2019 good luck for all

I got that notice yesterday morning also. I'm hoping (and I think it will be) the letter will be posted by Thursday so I can print it out and go before we leave for our trip. Though at this point I may keep the scheduled appt if it is June 14th or later to have more time to study for the civil test. Most timelines for our local office (Tampa) are completed in 3-4 months total. If we go early for the biometrics that may mean the interview would be soon after we get back from our trip leaving little time for study.

On 5/18/2019 at 5:44 PM, Hamidparis said:

Hi, is your filled office the closest from where you live ? I'm north of San Francisco and I assumed that SF would be my filled office although I don't see it anywhere. 

Search here with your zip code.

Field Office: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

ASC: https://egov.uscis.gov/office-locator/#/asc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I filed online on 5/13, and the biometrics appointment status notification came on 5/17 to the email, then the letter was posted on USCIS account this morning, 5/20.

Boston, MA is my local office and my bio is about a week and a half from today, 6/5.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi, guys :)

Glad I've found the thread!

N-400 filed online  -  05/08/2019, .

ASC scheduled - 05/31/2019. 

Estimated processing time is 12 months, St.Louis filed office

Good luck to all of us!

Edited by Ksenia_O

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi all!

Glad to have found this group! I have a query:

i would like to know if I need to initiate reschedule of biometrics to be able to do a walk in? Or just attempt a walk in to see if they would accept me? Has anyone been rejected despite having the appointment letter? Also can I print the letter posted online and use it, if I don’t receive the one via postal by this Thursday (planning to walk in then).

if it’s okay to go for an early walk in, any advise on the time of day? Also do they need proof of reason to the early walk in?

My current timeline, as attached. When will I know the CIS LOCATION?

6343DDE2-E717-444E-9444-9F05A5A5A298.thumb.jpeg.eee7b8a998ddefe686010f111ae251ee.jpeg

*Receipt notice received on 05/17/2019 via postal mail

**Bio appt posted online on 05/18/2019, document loaded in 05/20/2019 evening-yet to receive actual postal letter.

Edited by Mark_Shalini

6 hours ago, Mark_Shalini said:

Hi all!

i would like to know if I need to initiate reschedule of biometrics to be able to do a walk in? Or just attempt a walk in to see if they would accept me? Has anyone been rejected despite having the appointment letter? Also can I print the letter posted online and use it, if I don’t receive the one via postal by this Thursday (planning to walk in then).

if it’s okay to go for an early walk in, any advise on the time of day? Also do they need proof of reason to the early walk in?

6343DDE2-E717-444E-9444-9F05A5A5A298.thumb.jpeg.eee7b8a998ddefe686010f111ae251ee.jpeg

**Bio appt posted online on 05/18/2019, document loaded in 05/20/2019 evening-yet to receive actual postal letter.

Hello. It's a draw really depending on your service center. I think the only one I've heard of having a problem was Indianapolis but there could be others. I've seen many people do early walk-ins and be successful and they don't even ask why. I've heard the afternoon is the best time to go. The only thing I don't know about is the printing part. I really hope so because that's what I have to do. We will leave for vacation this weekend and won't be back until after the appt but I don't think we will get the letter in the mail until Friday. Friday we already have a dentist appt to put on a crown so we have to go Thursday. According to my estimation we should get the biometrics appt letter Friday but you are one day ahead of us so maybe you will get it Thursday. If your mail comes by noon I would wait to see if you get it that day and then go in the afternoon as long as the center isn't too far away from you.

Got the bio appt posted to my account this morning- 6/6. We won't be here so we will be doing early walk-in this Thursday. We didn't get our NOA1 until the Friday after it posted so I think the bio appt letter will be the same. I will be printing it out to take with us. I think it should be fine as they just need it to scan the barcode I hope. I will let yall know how it goes. 

Applied 5/11/19

NOA1 posted to account 5/14/19

NOA1 received in the mail 5/17/19

Bio appt scheduled 5/18/19

Letter posted 5/21/19

Appt given for 9am 6/6/19 

9 hours ago, Mark_Shalini said:

Hi all!

2 hours ago, AFAL said:

Hello. It's a draw really depending on your service center. I think the only one I've heard of having a problem was Indianapolis but there could be others. I've seen many people do early walk-ins and be successful and they don't even ask why. I've heard the afternoon is the best time to go. The only thing I don't know about is the printing part. I really hope so because that's what I have to do. We will leave for vacation this weekend and won't be back until after the appt but I don't think we will get the letter in the mail until Friday. Friday we already have a dentist appt to put on a crown so we have to go Thursday. According to my estimation we should get the biometrics appt letter Friday but you are one day ahead of us so maybe you will get it Thursday. If your mail comes by noon I would wait to see if you get it that day and then go in the afternoon as long as the center isn't too far away from you.

You don't need to reschedule to attempt walk-in, your ASC should be on the biometrics letter posted online!

Search ASC here for hours: https://egov.uscis.gov/office-locator/#/asc

My cousin attempted walk-in WITH a printed letter online, we couldn't wait for the mail as she has an important school schedule coming up and had to try so she can get it out of the way. What they send you in a mail is simply an exact copy of online PDF, so they seem to have no problem with it as she said to me they were actually nice about it. What I saw is go in the morning when they open so you are before everyone with the actual appointment, which is what she did and they accepted her. Her status immediately changed to "We reviewed your biometrics." shortly after completing.

Good luck all! 👍

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Here we go.  Good luck everyone. 🙂

Filed online.     (Local office - Newark, NJ)                                                          05/16/2019

Receipt number generated and email confirmation received.                         05/16/2019              

Notice of biometrics scheduled and email confirmation received.                05/18/2019

Receipt notice and biometrics notice posted to online account.                    05/21/2019

Biometrics appointment date.                                                                               06/07/2019

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

34 minutes ago, OBX said:

Here we go.  Good luck everyone. 🙂

Filed online.     (Local office - Newark, NJ)                                                          05/16/2019

Receipt number generated and email confirmation received.                         05/16/2019              

Notice of biometrics scheduled and email confirmation received.                05/18/2019

Receipt notice and biometrics notice posted to online account.                    05/21/2019

Biometrics appointment date.                                                                               06/07/2019

Good luck to you too!

Filed online 5/12/2019

Biometrics appointment  is also on 06/07/2019

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.