365 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Vikingoutwest said:

Aprilfiler here butting in...lol! If you live close to your support center then you can also try printing out your biometrics letter from the website and bring it in for an early walk-in. Many people have done that without any problems, and I would have too, except I live far away from my center. Just letting you know there's that option if you are worried about getting this done before your trip:-) good luck!

Thanks. I actually decided this would be the best thing to do if we haven't received the letter by late next week. Thursday actually would be the last day we could go so I will wait until the mail comes Thursday and then go with the printed letter if it doesn't come.

10 hours ago, CharlieTanger said:

When you file online, when should you expect to receive your NOA1?  Or do you not even receive a NOA1?

Also, the biometrics and Civics Exam are at two separate appointments, correct?

I filed the 11th and my NOA1 didn't post to my account until today (14th). However it states it was sent the 11th. I don't think this is true as I submitted just before dinner on a Saturday. Perhaps it means generated. Most people see their NOA1 on their account 1-3 days after they apply and then receive it in the mail 4-7 days after it is posted to their account. 

Yes the Biometrics test and Civil test are not together. Biometrics happens first and at this appointment they give you the material to study for the Civil test. The Civil test is part of the interview which will happen 1-11 months later depending on your field office.

3 hours ago, AFAL said:

I filed the 11th and my NOA1 didn't post to my account until today (14th). However it states it was sent the 11th. I don't think this is true as I submitted just before dinner on a Saturday. Perhaps it means generated. Most people see their NOA1 on their account 1-3 days after they apply and then receive it in the mail 4-7 days after it is posted to their account. 

Yes the Biometrics test and Civil test are not together. Biometrics happens first and at this appointment they give you the material to study for the Civil test. The Civil test is part of the interview which will happen 1-11 months later depending on your field office.

Thanks for the info!  I assume everyone will also receive a hardcopy in the mail even if you submitted an online application?

1 hour ago, jslekcun said:

Hello everyone!I applied 05/12/19..Good luck to us!

Hi, good luck to you too. I also applied on the same date as you. 😊

1 hour ago, CharlieTanger said:

Thanks for the info!  I assume everyone will also receive a hardcopy in the mail even if you submitted an online application?

Yes, I filed my I-90 online last year and I received the documents online and also a hardcopy in the mail. 

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

^ Also my NOA1 is already showing on my online account, it said they mailed it to my address too. 

US Passport Application

Routine service

11 minutes ago, AnGeLxX said:

Yes, I filed my I-90 online last year and I received the documents online and also a hardcopy in the mail. 

11 minutes ago, AnGeLxX said:

Thank you AnGelxX! Keep us posted about your updates. 🙂

2 minutes ago, AnGeLxX said:

^ Also my NOA1 is already showing on my online account, it said they mailed it to my address too. 

Mine too. I got my Receipt notice dated may 12 but it takes a day to appear on my online account. Where is your field office? 

9 minutes ago, jslekcun said:

Mine too. I got my Receipt notice dated may 12 but it takes a day to appear on my online account. Where is your field office? 

26 minutes ago, AnGeLxX said:

Let me know when the biometrics shows up on your account. Most people had it posted to their account within 3-4 days of applying but my NOA1 took longer so I'm wondering if the biometrics will take longer too. I am not so patiently waiting since we leave on a 3 week trip next week and I was hoping to get it before then to do a walk in

8 minutes ago, jslekcun said:

My field office is Montgomery, AL

US Passport Application

Routine service

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
7 hours ago, AFAL said:

Let me know when the biometrics shows up on your account. Most people had it posted to their account within 3-4 days of applying but my NOA1 took longer so I'm wondering if the biometrics will take longer too. I am not so patiently waiting since we leave on a 3 week trip next week and I was hoping to get it before then to do a walk in

I applied last Thursday, got the NOA letter posted on my account by monday and today they posted my biometrics app for the 31st of this month. 

Good luck !

Don't confuse my personality with my attitude....My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

1 hour ago, Hamidparis said:

I applied last Thursday, got the NOA letter posted on my account by monday and today they posted my biometrics app for the 31st of this month. 

Good luck !

Ok so according to that timeline I should have it posted to my account by tomorrow. Thanks!! I hope its posted tomorrow and I get it in the mail before we leave. Otherwise I will just have to print it out and take that.

13 hours ago, AFAL said:

Ok so according to that timeline I should have it posted to my account by tomorrow. Thanks!! I hope its posted tomorrow and I get it in the mail before we leave. Otherwise I will just have to print it out and take that.

Nothing today yet. Hopefully tomorrow....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.