2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm filing the I-131 form along with the I-485 and I-765 forms.  As I understand all these can be filed for under the fees submitted for just the AOS I-485.  My question is, what do I request on the I-131? Advance Parole? Reentry Permit?  It's a little confusing, not to mention the one field on the front of the I-131 form that asks for "Class of Admission".  Any advice here? As far as the purpose for making the I-131 request, it would be for Iryna to visit her family in Kyiv Ukraine but under no emergency type situations.  It would be casual travel and we might even spend a few days on a long layover in one of the European connector cities.  I'm not sure if I should included that information in the request or not?  She came to the US on a K-1 and we were married in mid May.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, celie&joseph said:

You should be okay with a copy. Best to keep your originals safely stored.

Exactly. Thanks @celie&joseph :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Swafford said:

I'm filing the I-131 form along with the I-485 and I-765 forms.  As I understand all these can be filed for under the fees submitted for just the AOS I-485.  My question is, what do I request on the I-131? Advance Parole? Reentry Permit? See example form in link noted in reply.  It's a little confusing, not to mention the one field on the front of the I-131 form that asks for "Class of Admission".  Any advice here?See example form in link noted in reply. As far as the purpose for making the I-131 request, it would be for Iryna to visit her family in Kyiv Ukraine but under no emergency type situations.  It would be casual travel and we might even spend a few days on a long layover in one of the European connector cities.  I'm not sure if I should included that information in the request or not?Not necessary, see explanation below.  She came to the US on a K-1 and we were married in mid May.

The answer to your questions can be found in the link below, it is a filled-out example of a I-131 form, easily found in the VJ guides. Be sure to read and heed the instruction sentence, in bold print, on page 2 (right above the bar code), it makes filling out of the forum quite easy. Bear in mind that this and many other AOS-related forms are used for many types of visa processes. Hence some fields may not be applicable to your specific visa process.

https://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-131.pdf

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Timeline
55 minutes ago, Swafford said:

I'm filing the I-131 form along with the I-485 and I-765 forms.  As I understand all these can be filed for under the fees submitted for just the AOS I-485.  My question is, what do I request on the I-131? Advance Parole? Reentry Permit?  It's a little confusing, not to mention the one field on the front of the I-131 form that asks for "Class of Admission".  Any advice here? As far as the purpose for making the I-131 request, it would be for Iryna to visit her family in Kyiv Ukraine but under no emergency type situations.  It would be casual travel and we might even spend a few days on a long layover in one of the European connector cities.  I'm not sure if I should included that information in the request or not?  She came to the US on a K-1 and we were married in mid May.

Yes it's for advanced parole. Rapid Visa filled out that part of our form and just said "to be determined" where it asks for travel dates and info

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ghadji said:

Hi everyone!

My husband just had his biometric appointment this morning!

He said everything went smoothly. Got there about 15 minutes before the appointment, asked for his appointment letter and id. Stamped his appointment letter and gave it back to him for our records. They scanned his fingerprints and off he went. He said it only took about 5-10 minutes!

Same here! Big chances your husband and I were having our fingerprints taken at the same time :D

The staff at the local office is really friendly. Just had one tiny issue with my uber driver suddenly becoming very rude as soon as he realized where he was dropping me off... 

K-1 Visa

03/13/2018 - Submitted

02/12/2019 - Interview Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ana_and_Derek said:

Same here! Big chances your husband and I were having our fingerprints taken at the same time :D

The staff at the local office is really friendly. Just had one tiny issue with my uber driver suddenly becoming very rude as soon as he realized where he was dropping me off... 

Are you in Oklahoma City too?! 

Oh no!!! Sorry about your Uber driver! Luckily we got my husband a truck to drive around in so I don’t have to take off work and he isn’t restricted to our house all day!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, Ghadji said:

Are you in Oklahoma City too?! 

Oh no!!! Sorry about your Uber driver! Luckily we got my husband a truck to drive around in so I don’t have to take off work and he isn’t restricted to our house all day!

Yes!

Oh, no worries. It was the first time I experienced a negative reaction like that... he's the outlier, not the norm, luckily.

K-1 Visa

03/13/2018 - Submitted

02/12/2019 - Interview Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ana_and_Derek said:

Yes!

Oh, no worries. It was the first time I experienced a negative reaction like that... he's the outlier, not the norm, luckily.

Oh how exciting!! I haven’t seen anyone from Oklahoma!! Nice to know we have someone going through the same journey!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
23 minutes ago, lonesurvivor said:

Just got out NOA1 receipts in the mail as well! How soon after should I expect a biometrics letter? It didnt come with the NOAs

About a week to 10 days later. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Mailed my family's (K1 and K2) AOS packet Friday May 24th and was delivered May 28th. Checks have not been cashed, hopefully it will be a smooth process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
10 hours ago, Shiran said:

About a week to 10 days later. 

Hey guys. My biometrics appointment will be this friday. I just wanted to know after that... What's next? I just need to wait my work authorization in the mail? And the interview for greencard? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
17 hours ago, celie&joseph said:

Yes it's for advanced parole. Rapid Visa filled out that part of our form and just said "to be determined" where it asks for travel dates and info

So as far as the Part 7. "On a separate sheet of paper, explain how you qualify...." what is suggested?

17 hours ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

The answer to your questions can be found in the link below, it is a filled-out example of a I-131 form, easily found in the VJ guides. Be sure to read and heed the instruction sentence, in bold print, on page 2 (right above the bar code), it makes filling out of the forum quite easy. Bear in mind that this and many other AOS-related forms are used for many types of visa processes. Hence some fields may not be applicable to your specific visa process.

https://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-131.pdf

Good luck on your immigration journey.

So as far as the Part 7. "On a separate sheet of paper, explain how you qualify...." what is suggested?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

17 minutes ago, Swafford said:

Look again at the VJ example forms, link below. You should find a Word doc with a label of "I-131 Supplemental  7." It is a Word template that you can tailor to fit your needs.

https://www.visajourney.com/content/examples/

Good luck.

Edited by Pitaya (火龙果)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Swafford said:

We didn't write anything, just checked "multi entry" checkbox. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.