dwheels76

NVC Filers - May 2019

1,450 posts in this topic

Timeline
1 hour ago, batedbreath said:

Hi all! I recently received my NOA2 in the mail with a notice date of May 01, but so far neither of the USCIS websites have updated (both are still saying that my petition has been received). I also didn't receive any emails or texts, even though I signed up for them on https://egov.uscis.gov. Would the next steps be to wait a few days before calling NVC to ensure that they've received my file? And for those who are saying that they are checking their emails waiting for a case number, how do you supply your email to NVC? Do you need to call them to provide it? Thank you!

Nvc will email u through da email address u provided on da i130

2 hours ago, batedbreath said:

Hi all! I recently received my NOA2 in the mail with a notice date of May 01, but so far neither of the USCIS websites have updated (both are still saying that my petition has been received). I also didn't receive any emails or texts, even though I signed up for them on https://egov.uscis.gov. Would the next steps be to wait a few days before calling NVC to ensure that they've received my file? And for those who are saying that they are checking their emails waiting for a case number, how do you supply your email to NVC? Do you need to call them to provide it? Thank you!

You can ask them about case number through online form https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, Elscotto said:

Ok so at nvc, submitted co-sponsor docs on April 22, got RFE today, Reuploaded and upload date did not change still say 04/22 is this normal????????

Yes. They wont change the date. Just remember when you resubmitted. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

Good morning. 

Was your husband able to call the NVC again and speak with somebody competent? 

Yes multiple times. They need the other W2. Since our JS files together with husband. Well we did ot submit yet. Also, how do I cancel my attorney? lol if i remove them from our CEAC account, they still know everything about us because theh hve our case number and invoice #

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, batedbreath said:

Before calling NVC, wait until you receive notifications from USCIS that they sent your application to Department of State. After you receive that, wait about a week and call NVC to confirm they've received it. Then, wait another 3-4 week before calling about a case number. They already have your email and the beneficiary email as well.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

Yes multiple times. They need the other W2. Since our JS files together with husband. Well we did ot submit yet. Also, how do I cancel my attorney? lol if i remove them from our CEAC account, they still know everything about us because theh hve our case number and invoice #

For sure in this forum we know more than lawyers!

So did they reviewed your case and sent you and RFE requesting the other W2 or your husband found out by calling?

If no RFE yet then you should resubmit the other W2 before your file gets reviewed.

I have notice that if an RFE is not clear then is better to call to really find out what they want.

Timeline

Just called the NVC right when they opened at 9am. I was only on hold for like 2 minutes. 

I got a really nice rep (thank god!). He said the same thing that our document is waiting for it to be reviewed and that if is not reviewed within 3 weeks he said to call back so it can be forwarded to a supervisor. 

I also asked him about having the case expedited (I mentioned that I am in the US Air Force Reserve living in Brazil and it's a burden to fly every other month to my assigned base in Germany to complete my duty). He said I can send an email to get this case expedited. He gave me the email and explained what to put on the subject line and what must be on the email. 

He also said that the determination is granted and reviewed by the consulate where the interview will take place and they will notify the NVC if the expedite is approved or not. 

At this stage, I am not sure if is worth getting it expedite it as we are almost at the end of the process (waiting for the NVC to approve just one document as they already accepted everything else). 

Edited by CarlosSeoanes

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good morning guys. We got the mail with our case # before midnight and we submit the payments this morning.

Here is our timeline:

Potomac

NOA 2: March 29th

Case sent to NVC: April 5th

Case received by NVC: April 15th

Case # received: May 7th

Payments submitted: May 8th

Good luck to everyone!

3 hours ago, Mrs Oduro said:

Nvc will email u through da email address u provided on da i130

3 hours ago, K.U. said:

3 hours ago, twoworldsonelove said:

Before calling NVC, wait until you receive notifications from USCIS that they sent your application to Department of State. After you receive that, wait about a week and call NVC to confirm they've received it. Then, wait another 3-4 week before calling about a case number. They already have your email and the beneficiary email as well.

Got it - thank you guys for the info!!

19 hours ago, DDP&JDP said:

Stalking my email inbox, waiting for a number. Anyone else receive a case number today? 

haha me too. Im silently losing it.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, The Rock ll said:

How long before NVC clears the Fees...it’s been Week now it still shows in process...bank cleared the fees last Friday...

For me it took exactly a week. If it doesn’t work by tomorrow then you need to call the NVC, that’s what I was told by them if it didn’t work after a week from payment.

1 hour ago, AnaCarolina said:

Good morning guys. We got the mail with our case # before midnight and we submit the payments this morning.

Here is our timeline:

Potomac

NOA 2: March 29th

Case sent to NVC: April 5th

Case received by NVC: April 15th

Case # received: May 7th

Payments submitted: May 8th

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats! Midnight in what time zone?  We are still waiting for our case number they received our case 4/16/19 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
26 minutes ago, DDP&JDP said:

Congrats! Midnight in what time zone?  We are still waiting for our case number they received our case 4/16/19 

Thanks! We got the mail before 23:00 Central Time Zone. I bet you are going to get your case number soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.