Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, LiRo said:

They don't call back or process the inquires. I haven't had any luck with talking to Tier 2 either. Tier 1 just tells me to open an online account 🤯🤯🤯

I had mail resent to uscis on the 5th of Jan and inquired, if it might be the biometrics appt. notice. Two request for resending the notice have not been answered. I had two tier 2’s call me back, one said  case is still pending and nothing is scheduled and he didn’t know what was sent. Another one called me back to tell me that I missed a bio appt on the 28th if Dec. and that USCIS will reschedule (I don’t think so). I asked my congressperson to inquire. Their office tells me it might take another 30-45 days. I’m so over it. Even if they call you back.. doesn’t mean you get a correct or useful answer. It seems like there are two cases with my case number or they got something mixed up. It seems utterly chaotic.

timeline (ROC):

06/29/2020 - package sent with USPS to Dallas lockbox

07/01/2020 - package delivered and signed for 

07/08/2020 - CC charged

07/10/2020 - text message received

27 minutes ago, BobKat said:

I had mail resent to uscis on the 5th of Jan and inquired, if it might be the biometrics appt. notice. Two request for resending the notice have not been answered. I had two tier 2’s call me back, one said  case is still pending and nothing is scheduled and he didn’t know what was sent. Another one called me back to tell me that I missed a bio appt on the 28th if Dec. and that USCIS will reschedule (I don’t think so). I asked my congressperson to inquire. Their office tells me it might take another 30-45 days. I’m so over it. Even if they call you back.. doesn’t mean you get a correct or useful answer. It seems like there are two cases with my case number or they got something mixed up. It seems utterly chaotic.

Thank you for sharing although you reinforced my biggest fears.. Fingers crossed that your Congress person will help. I guess we all shall go that way and raise awareness among them... 

36 minutes ago, LiRo said:

Thank you for sharing although you reinforced my biggest fears.. Fingers crossed that your Congress person will help. I guess we all shall go that way and raise awareness among them... 

I’m sorry. USCIS is overwhelmed right now, much more than usual. They run on 50% capacity during Covid. The only thing I can advise is to document everything. After two failed e-requests they have to escalate to tier 2 (so I have read). You can ask your Congress person or involve the USCIS ombudsman. But all of this will take time because a lot of people are doing it right now. The congress person’s office told me they currently have an ungodly amount of inquiries. I-751 petitions don’t have priority because we have over 18 months plus ADIT stamp extensions. It’s hard to wait and to live life according to uncertainty in terms of potential appointments. 

timeline (ROC):

07/08/2020 - CC charged

Filed: Timeline
17 minutes ago, BobKat said:

I’m sorry. USCIS is overwhelmed right now, much more than usual. They run on 50% capacity during Covid. The only thing I can advise is to document everything. After two failed e-requests they have to escalate to tier 2 (so I have read). You can ask your Congress person or involve the USCIS ombudsman. But all of this will take time because a lot of people are doing it right now. The congress person’s office told me they currently have an ungodly amount of inquiries. I-751 petitions don’t have priority because we have over 18 months plus ADIT stamp extensions. It’s hard to wait and to live life according to uncertainty in terms of potential appointments. 

Ok thanks i already involve senator but yet to have a reply

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, ms_bobdog said:

Just got an update that my case is ready to be scheduled for interview. I know this could take months, or years, but at least something is happening... Here is my timeline so far:

NOA1 date: 22 April 2020

Biometrics: 10 December 2020

Case ready to be scheduled for interview: 17 February 2021

Wow, this is super fast! Hopefully it will go smoothly.

Edited by KatieL

4 hours ago, ajmm said:

Aug 21st case received no reply yet MSC filer from PHX Arizona. i sent an inquiry that was supposed to get reply 4 days ago and no reply yet too. USCIS is a joke

I didn't get my biometrics letter till late November, so hopefully you hear something from them in the next month or so. It is very frustrating.

4 hours ago, ajmm said:

Aug 21st case received no reply yet MSC filer from PHX Arizona. i sent an inquiry that was supposed to get reply 4 days ago and no reply yet too. USCIS is a joke

I got my biometrics late December (April filer) so unfortunately you are within "New normal" time frame (extremely frustrating, I know). I doubt it that they will process any inquires now (mine are still pending (not assigned to be processed) , including the one from September...) . 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
5 minutes ago, LiRo said:

I got my biometrics late December (April filer) so unfortunately you are within "New normal" time frame (extremely frustrating, I know). I doubt it that they will process any inquires now (mine are still pending (not assigned to be processed) , including the one from September...) . 

this is definitely frustrating. I am a June filer and still no update on biometrics. I have inquired about 4 times. My last time was Jan 10th with noone assigned to the case yet of course. This is insane.

2 hours ago, Rose Iaquinto said:

this is definitely frustrating. I am a June filer and still no update on biometrics. I have inquired about 4 times. My last time was Jan 10th with noone assigned to the case yet of course. This is insane.

I will as well call again around the 22nd of February for my 2nd e-request. I still don’t know anything about that missed notice. I’m just wondering about my missed appointment and the many contradictory things surrounding it. 
I realized that the 1st Tier 2 thought I filed “around the 8th of July (nope-it was 06/29) and the second Tier 2 tells me I will be rescheduled automatically after a missed appointment.. (wha?!), unheard of. She also sent me an email afterwards regarding “we talked about your inquiry regarding the online filing system”. Nope! 
This is too much for me.

timeline (ROC):

07/08/2020 - CC charged

2 hours ago, BobKat said:

I will as well call again around the 22nd of February for my 2nd e-request. I still don’t know anything about that missed notice. I’m just wondering about my missed appointment and the many contradictory things surrounding it. 
I realized that the 1st Tier 2 thought I filed “around the 8th of July (nope-it was 06/29) and the second Tier 2 tells me I will be rescheduled automatically after a missed appointment.. (wha?!), unheard of. She also sent me an email afterwards regarding “we talked about your inquiry regarding the online filing system”. Nope! 
This is too much for me.

It is beyond frustrating... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
15 hours ago, ms_bobdog said:

I didn't get my biometrics letter till late November, so hopefully you hear something from them in the next month or so. It is very frustrating.

thats great. In which state you filed ? your field office ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Filed on 1/30/2020 and still waiting for waiting for interview to remove conditions.

Filed N-400 on 12/31/2020. Got letter stating that same biometrics used for I-751 will be used for N-400. They made sure to say that biometrics fee will not be refunded. 

They got $85 and did not use it for the biometrics and still keep the money! What a scam!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.