dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2019

1,277 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/1/2019 at 7:12 AM, Jay and Hime said:

Hi, me too!!! Let’s keep each other posted!!! Good Luck 🍀!!!!

NVC says up to three weeks assuming none of your documents are rejected. For me it took them 8 days the first time. They rejected 3 documents with an unclear explanation. Took 12 days for them to review the second time and they rejected two documents with NO explanation given. After 80 attempts of trying to get them on the phone, finally after being on hold for 1 hour someone answered and she couldn’t initially figure out why they were rejected. Took her 5 minutes. Imagine if the NVC’s own employees can’t understand the notifications and instructions how do they expect the public. Just resubmitted today. 

Anyway lessons learned:

1. Make sure all documents are the right side up (mine was vertical but should have been oriented horizontally).

2. Double check when submitting police reports if your country requires fingerprints to be included. 

3. For taxes ONLY submit the 1040 in the Tax section. Any other documents related to your return (i.e., form 8886, tax worksheets, W2, etc) submit separately in the other documents section. 

4. Absolutely call the NVC IMMEDIATELY if any document is rejected no matter what the explanation says on CEAC. Tell them a document was rejected and you want them to tell you why. (Because the notification on CEAC is extremely unclear or non existent.)

Save yourself the trouble of multiple rejections and weeks of endless delays. 

Lastly, all Americans on this forum need to write your Congress and Senate person and tell them the Dept of State NVC processes and operations need to be investigated by the IG. This is our tax dollars at work...I mean NOT at work. Wasted and misused. 

Edited by CJO032418

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Shadi17 said:

Just Got Documentarily Qualified Email.All Documents Submitted on CEAC on 25th march.Waiting For interview Phase.

Yours was fastest! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
4 hours ago, lpag21 said:

I got mail and checked into account that my wife Birth certificate was not accepted i noticed that i  uploaded a Translated version and missed the original one. so i uploaded both. now let see... all other docs says accepted which is big relief for me.i hope they dont give me hard times for birth certificate now.

I got RFE smh 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
30 minutes ago, lpag21 said:

Yours was fastest! 

yeah feel myself lucky.it might be the result of extensive research on visajourney about submitting documents .All of the documents been accepted very first time.Took a bit time before submitting,thought was ‘better safe than sorry’.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Shadi17 said:

yeah feel myself lucky.it might be the result of extensive research on visajourney about submitting documents .All of the documents been accepted very first time.Took a bit time before submitting,thought was ‘better safe than sorry’.

Submitting docs are not the issue whether its correct or getting RFE or what not.. yours after submitting within 3days got reviewed was the luckiest thing happened! 

Edited by lpag21

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, jenifferrecio426 said:

what was?

Ye it’s only fair to tell us what docs were rejected and y. So we don’t make the same mistakes. That’s what this site is for.  No??

On 4/2/2019 at 12:07 AM, AM & GV said:

received our case number on Friday, however not able to log in. keeps throwing an error: The selected Case Number and Invoice Identification Number combination you entered does not match our records. Please try again or contact the National Visa Center for further assistance. .. so frustrating :(

Can I know your NVC received date. They had received mine around the 15th of February, still no case number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 minute ago, Suaad said:

Can I know your NVC received date. They had received mine around the 15th of February, still no case number.

Seems like how NVC generates invoice dates  is both chronological and random.   I'm not sure if they process batches from different USCIS centers or as a whole.  My receipt date was the same as yours.  Got my case # Monday from last week.  

8 minutes ago, IloveDanang said:

Seems like how NVC generates invoice dates  is both chronological and random.   I'm not sure if they process batches from different USCIS centers or as a whole.  My receipt date was the same as yours.  Got my case # Monday from last week.  

Wow. So frustrating honestly. I actually emailed them on the 25/3 still no response from them. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Thanks for replying 😊

12 minutes ago, IloveDanang said:

Have you been able to log on smoothly?

On 4/1/2019 at 9:31 PM, Apple Bee said:

NVC doesn't notify when they receive the case. Only when they issue the case number and invoice ID. You only know the case was received when you call and ask.

On 4/1/2019 at 9:15 PM, Mrsamoah2019 said:

How I found out nvc had my case I called when I got my case number they sent an email

Thank you both!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.