TBoneTX

January 2019 K-1 NOA2 ---> NVC (Part 2)

277 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
1 minute ago, Del A. said:

Hi guys! We just got our NOA2 in the mail today, dated April 18 2019. Am I correct in saying that the next step is waiting for the MNL# (case number) from NVC before filling out the DS-160, doing the medical, and scheduling the interview? I'm thinking I can complete the DS-160 sooner but I'm not sure when the right time is.

You can complete your DS-160 at any point after NOA2 but the rest of the steps I'd wait until you get your case number. Your best bet is to check your country sub forum and the April NOA2 to NVC thread since they are  still actively working along the same steps you are.

April NOA2 to NVC Subforum

Philippines Regional Subforum

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Good luck on your process!

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

2 hours ago, Del A. said:

Hi guys! We just got our NOA2 in the mail today, dated April 18 2019. Am I correct in saying that the next step is waiting for the MNL# (case number) from NVC before filling out the DS-160, doing the medical, and scheduling the interview? I'm thinking I can complete the DS-160 sooner but I'm not sure when the right time is.

You can complete the DS-160 now. Refer to Hank's website for step by step for rest of the process. Slide over to the subforum for the PI. Link was given above.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi I am concerned about something:

Appointment: May 17th

NOA2 expires:  May 22nd

Do I need a NOA2 with a longer expiration date to leave the country when the visa is approved or it matters just for the interview? I sent an email last week letting them know about it but not an anwser yet and I got the P3 email yesterday but they did not say anything about the NOA2 either.

Thank you! 

3 hours ago, K&N10 said:

Hi I am concerned about something:

Appointment: May 17th

NOA2 expires:  May 22nd

Do I need a NOA2 with a longer expiration date to leave the country when the visa is approved or it matters just for the interview? I sent an email last week letting them know about it but not an anwser yet and I got the P3 email yesterday but they did not say anything about the NOA2 either.

Thank you! 

Once you receive your Visa the validity is good for 6 months from date of your medical exam. Normally if you don't do your medical exam to far prior to the interview then there isn't any issues. Embassies will extend your NOA2 date.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

we are taking our time lol

0-02-04-72ec6e29a5b16d24cc73f7d31806960aea2a4b2b9d6977d7970fdd5cd63c316f_fbff1eca.jpg

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Just now, Hphelp said:

Our NOA2 will be expiring before the interview date scheduled. Is this okay or should we ask the embassy to confirm? Thank you. 

9 FAM 41.81 N6.2 Validity of a K-1 Petition
(CT:VISA-2165; 08-21-2014)
An approved K-1 visa petition is valid for a period of four months from the date of USCIS action and may be revalidated by the consular officer any number of times for additional periods of four months from the date of revalidation, provided the officer concludes that the petitioner and the beneficiary remain legally free to marry and continue to intend to marry each other within 90 days after the beneficiary's admission into the United States.

http://travel.state....nce-k-1.html#11

My Petition Expired – Can It Be Extended?

The I-129F petition is valid for four months from the date of approval by USCIS. A consular officer can extend the validity of the petition if it expires before visa processing is completed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Post interview, my fiancé had to go back for a medical follow up appointment and now our status is in “administrative processing”. The medical report was sent to Stockholm this week, and we can see they updated our case on the 24th. How long will it be in limbo until we hear? Assuming they reviewed the medical report as they updated our case? Ugh the wait is killing us. We are 2 months out from our “wedding date”. Getting nervous! Anyone know what we should expect as next steps? 

19 minutes ago, Jbybay said:

Post interview, my fiancé had to go back for a medical follow up appointment and now our status is in “administrative processing”. The medical report was sent to Stockholm this week, and we can see they updated our case on the 24th. How long will it be in limbo until we hear? Assuming they reviewed the medical report as they updated our case? Ugh the wait is killing us. We are 2 months out from our “wedding date”. Getting nervous! Anyone know what we should expect as next steps? Greenbaum does!

I'm going to help answer questions but in doing so the information I supply is not only for you but for others. Here goes.

1. The medical report was sent to Stockholm this week, and we can see they updated our case on the 24th. Whenever your dates change it means they are working on preparing your case for the next step. This is a good thing.

2, How long will it be in limbo until we hear? No one can EVER SAY with certainty when something is going to happen. We can guess or use history but we can't pinpoint an exact date.

3. Assuming they reviewed the medical report as they updated our case? That would be a good educated guess.

4. We are 2 months out from our “wedding date”. Every embassy states the following or something close to it:

"Visa issuance is not guaranteed. Therefore, we recommend that you do NOT make any travel plans, quit your job, or sell your properties, purchase airline tickets that are non-refundable or place deposits for wedding venue's until a consular officer has approved your visa and it has been issued."

My notes: Do not make any plans you are unwilling to change or drop until at least the visa is in hand and you verified it has no issues. Otherwise, you are setting yourself up for disappointment and loss money/time/whatever. While you can generally get an idea of an average timeline, there is no way at all to know if your individual case will go outside the norm....due to your own circumstances or being completed out of your hands.

Do NOT marry or even have an unofficial ceremony before entering the US on the K-1 visa. You can be denied the visa or denied entry if they find out about it (which has happened).

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Question about vaccinations.  When my fiance had the medical done he found out he doesn't have one of the required vaccinations and they didn't have any at the time.  He's not coming over immediately so would it be ok for him to get it done and have it added to the medical paperwork while he's there?

I was thinking it would be cheaper and easier to have it out of the way, but wanted to double check that it won't cause any issues.

26 minutes ago, DarkSilver said:

Question about vaccinations.  When my fiance had the medical done he found out he doesn't have one of the required vaccinations and they didn't have any at the time.  He's not coming over immediately so would it be ok for him to get it done and have it added to the medical paperwork while he's there?

I was thinking it would be cheaper and easier to have it out of the way, but wanted to double check that it won't cause any issues.

Your plan is the best one.

Complete the missing vaccination and then have it added to the DS-3025 confirming that the medical staff has marked the form complete. This will save time and money when you go to submit your AOS packet. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

7 minutes ago, Hurryupnwait said:

Approved!...

Well, well, well! Congratulations! I bet it was easy peasy. :D

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Greenbaum said:

Well, well, well! Congratulations! I bet it was easy peasy. :D

Very it took all of about 45 min.

Was asked 3 questions and for some paperwork then done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.