1,474 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi There!

My filings: I751 ROC in March 2019 (EAC). N400 in March 2020. No updates. I am going to submit a request as my case is outside normal processing time according to the website.

My question is whether anyone has recently submitted a request for a case update and whether that helped?

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I have exciting news guys! We got our interview letter in the mail yesterday! We had been on "ready for interview" since March 2020 (the "new" site never changed from "we have received your case," but the "old" site had said "ready for interview"), and we had moved from California to Missouri at the end of June. We were gearing up to call and ask for an info pass for the year extension stamp in October (because in our state of Missouri, my husband's driver's license will expire when his green card does), but now we'll actually be going for our interview in October! Hooray! Feeling very lucky, and wishing the best to everybody else who is waiting. Hoping that things are picking up!

K1

Spoiler

12/18/2015- NOA 1

1/29/2016- NOA 2

2/18/2016- Letter from NVC saying they're forwarding to Guangzhou

3/4/2016- Received P3, returned it about a week later

3/22/2016- P4 email

5/12/16- Interview. Approved!

5/16/16- After a few days saying administrative processing, CEAC now says issued!

Additional snafu: my fiancé came over on his visa, but just a month later (and the day before we were going to get married) he had an emergency that necessitated him returning to China.  I contacted the Guangzhou consulate via their email system, provided the requested documents/proof, and he was granted a second interview for "reissuance."  He had to re-do the medical, redo the interview (bringing yet another copy of all of the things he had to bring the first time) and we were approved again!  He received what looked like a new visa in his passport, but the original 90 day countdown for marriage was still ticking.  He came back to the US and we got married right away!

8/22/16- Married!

AOS

9/30/16- Filed for AOS, EA, AP

10/6/16- NOA 1 for AOS, EA, and AP (USCIS case status website says case was received on October 4th)

11/9/16- Bio appointment

12/13/16- EA and AP approved!

no news... case status on website still says "fingerprint fee received..."

4/11/17- submitted online service request for case out of normal processing time (over 6 months)

5/2/17- USCIS website updated to "My card is being produced!"

5/10/17- Green Card received

ROC

3/2/19- Filed ROC

3/8/19- NOA/18mo extension received

5/7/19- Bio appointment

9/2/20- Interview scheduled for next month!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 8/31/2020 at 4:06 PM, joand lee said:

Interview scheduled for oct 1st . Over 4 hour drive away and an 8.40am appointment lol

That timing is rough when you're coming from out of time. Ours is 10:40am and over 3h drive, and we are planning to go the night before and stay in a hotel just to decrease the stress of the trip that morning. Congrats on the interview!!!!

K1

Spoiler

12/18/2015- NOA 1

1/29/2016- NOA 2

2/18/2016- Letter from NVC saying they're forwarding to Guangzhou

3/4/2016- Received P3, returned it about a week later

3/22/2016- P4 email

5/12/16- Interview. Approved!

5/16/16- After a few days saying administrative processing, CEAC now says issued!

Additional snafu: my fiancé came over on his visa, but just a month later (and the day before we were going to get married) he had an emergency that necessitated him returning to China.  I contacted the Guangzhou consulate via their email system, provided the requested documents/proof, and he was granted a second interview for "reissuance."  He had to re-do the medical, redo the interview (bringing yet another copy of all of the things he had to bring the first time) and we were approved again!  He received what looked like a new visa in his passport, but the original 90 day countdown for marriage was still ticking.  He came back to the US and we got married right away!

8/22/16- Married!

AOS

9/30/16- Filed for AOS, EA, AP

10/6/16- NOA 1 for AOS, EA, and AP (USCIS case status website says case was received on October 4th)

11/9/16- Bio appointment

12/13/16- EA and AP approved!

no news... case status on website still says "fingerprint fee received..."

4/11/17- submitted online service request for case out of normal processing time (over 6 months)

5/2/17- USCIS website updated to "My card is being produced!"

5/10/17- Green Card received

ROC

3/2/19- Filed ROC

3/8/19- NOA/18mo extension received

5/7/19- Bio appointment

9/2/20- Interview scheduled for next month!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, rasaco said:

That timing is rough when you're coming from out of time. Ours is 10:40am and over 3h drive, and we are planning to go the night before and stay in a hotel just to decrease the stress of the trip that morning. Congrats on the interview!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Yes its a bit rough on timing , just glad to get interview and get it all over with .i dont blame you staying in a hotel though . Good luck too .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My 18 months I-751 extension letter is expiring next week and planning to this month. I have called for InfoPass appointment to get a stamp on my passport from local USCIS office and representative told me, they will call me back but it could take upto a month for an appointment, is it normal? Stressed now :(

Removal of Conditions

03/08/19  Sent ROC package to Arizona from California

03/11/19  Received by USCIS with Signature

03/15/19  Moneyorders were cashed out

No text or mail from USCIS received yet, Fingers Crossed!

8 hours ago, Mr & Mrs Umer said:

My 18 months I-751 extension letter is expiring next week and planning to this month. I have called for InfoPass appointment to get a stamp on my passport from local USCIS office and representative told me, they will call me back but it could take upto a month for an appointment, is it normal? Stressed now :(

If 18 months isn't sufficient to remove conditions I don't see why 1 month is very long for USCIS, so I would certainly say it's indeed normal.

Also, my 18 months will be up this November. How did you request an InfoPass appt? What number did you call? Would you have called earlier had you known it'd take a month? I want to know what I must do as November gets closer to prepare.

Last thing I'll say, don't be stressed. The stamp on your passport simply proves that you're ROC case is still pending. Not having an extension letter nor a stamp does not change anything regarding your legal permanent residence status.

Our Timeline:
---------------------- K1 PETITION PROCESS -----------------------------------
10/16/2013 - Started dating
12/27/2014 - Got engaged :D
08/25/2015 - I-129F sent
09/03/2015 - NOA1
09/25/2015 - NOA2
10/21/2015 - NVC case number assigned
10/21/2015 - Petition left NVC, sent to Buenos Aires embassy
10/27/2015 - BA embassy received
01/04/2016 - Interview
01/14/2016 - Approved!
01/25/2016 - K1 Visa received
03/18/2016 - Moved to the US!!
03/26/2016 - Married (L)
------------------------- AOS PROCESS ----------------------------------------------
4/13/2016 - Sent AOS + EAD + AP
4/18/2016 - The date written on "Received date" box on NOA1 (day 0)
4/21/2016 - Three Texts & Emails of AOS + EAP + AP case numbers (3 days)
4/22/2016 - NOA1 hard copy received by mail (4 days)

5/24/2016 - Biometrics appointment (36 days)

7/05/2016 - EAD online service requested (78 days)
7/16/2016 - 90th day
7/18/2016 - "New card is being produced" for EAD+AP (92 days)
7/21/2016 - EAD/AP sent via mail (95 days)
7/22/2016 - EAD/AP hard copy approval notice received via mail (96 days)
7/23/2016 - EAD Arrived in the mail ! (97 days)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, rpeterson1991 said:

If 18 months isn't sufficient to remove conditions I don't see why 1 month is very long for USCIS, so I would certainly say it's indeed normal.

Also, my 18 months will be up this November. How did you request an InfoPass appt? What number did you call? Would you have called earlier had you known it'd take a month? I want to know what I must do as November gets closer to prepare.

Last thing I'll say, don't be stressed. The stamp on your passport simply proves that you're ROC case is still pending. Not having an extension letter nor a stamp does not change anything regarding your legal permanent residence status.

I think you are missing this part that I want to travel outside US, thats why I need that Stamp and without Stamp I cant travel on Expired Extension Letter. We cant make an infoPass apointment online anymore, we need an appointment via calling 800 375 5283

Edited by Mr & Mrs Umer
Removal of Conditions

03/08/19  Sent ROC package to Arizona from California

03/11/19  Received by USCIS with Signature

03/15/19  Moneyorders were cashed out

No text or mail from USCIS received yet, Fingers Crossed!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Filed ROC March 2019

PD April 1st 2019

Bio metrics Nov 14th 2019

Moved towards Iowa 

Filed N400 April 2020

ROC approved August 18th

ROC Card in Hand

N400 still pending but fingers crossed🙂

On 9/10/2020 at 12:17 PM, rpeterson1991 said:

I did try calling earlier and was told that I should call only one month before expiry. That they can’t do anything about it now. 
I also created a request for outside normal processing time and although they’re supposed to respond within a month it’s been over a month and I haven’t heard anything. 
I talked to my company immigration lawyer and he said that your legal status doesn’t change because your extension letter expires. But yes, if you need to travel out of the country you need that stamp. And if you’re pulled over by an immigration officer it’ll just take them a while to confirm your status which can be annoying. And the pace at these guys work a few days...

On 9/8/2020 at 5:26 PM, Boston17 said:

Hi There!

My filings: I751 ROC in March 2019 (EAC). N400 in March 2020. No updates. I am going to submit a request as my case is outside normal processing time according to the website.

My question is whether anyone has recently submitted a request for a case update and whether that helped?

Thanks.

We requested an update and three months later they responded with a nonsense answer. You cannot request  another update......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Finally had the interview and things seemed to go well and the officer approved the permanent green card (holding our breath till it shows up).  She was very pleasant and told us that we were well prepared. She seemed to like all of the pictures we had including some with us together with friends and family.  Also mentioned that the warranty deed in which I transferred ownership of our apartment to joint ownership was good evidence.  I don't know if she is typical, but the process was pleasant and we were both kind of nervous wrecks. The office was deserted, BTW

Sorry, I am crashing your forum.  I had a question that people here might be able to answer better than most others.

I am going to be filing by N-400 next month and I just came across a moment of confusion. I will be applying under the 3 year rule for spouses of US citizens. One of the questions asks about trips outside of the US in the past 5 years, and whether they were 6 months or longer. I had a trip in 2016 that was 6.5 months [waiting abroad for K-1 to be approved], but this was obviously before I became a permanent resident (January 2018). Do I still list everything from the last 5 years, even though I am filing under the 3 year rule? I would assume the answer is yes, but that it would be noted that years 4 & 5 don't really apply since spouses of US citizens only need a 3 year continuous residency and therefore nothing is broken...

(I will be applying online, so when I say on the very first page I am applying under 3 year rule, does the question later in the form change to reflect? I have been looking at the paper forms)

Spoiler

K-1 Visa Process

2016/09/12 - I-129f Mailed                                               2016/11/03 - NVC Case # Received                                  2016/12/12 - APPROVED

2016/09/15 - Arrived at Lockbox (TX)                              2016/11/04 - In Transit to LND                                           2016/12/16 - CEAC Record Cannot Be Found

2016/09/19 - NOA1 Text                                                  2016/11/12 - NVC Hard Copy Received                            2016/12/23 - CEAC Status: Administrative Processing

2016/09/24 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received (CSC)             2016/11/15 - CEAC Status: Ready                                    2016/12/29 - CEAC Status: Issued

2016/10/07 - NOA2 Email                                                2016/11/19 - Packet 3 Received                                        2017/01/03 - Received Tracking Number (Email)

2016/10/18 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received                        2016/11/25 - Medical @ Knightsbridge                              2017/02/08 - POE

2016/11/02 - NVC Received Petition                               2016/12/12 - Interview @ LND                                           2017/02/25 - Wedding!!!

Spoiler

AOS / EAD / AP

2017/03/27 - Mailed I-485 / I-765 (FedEx) For Delivery 2017/03/28                                           2017/07/19 - I-765 EAD Card Mailed

2017/04/05 - Check Pending on Account                                                                                    2017/07/21 - I-765 EAD Card Received

2017/04/07 - Received Text / Email - Case Accepted (Routed to NBC)                                     2017/07/22 - I-765 Approval NOA Received

2017/04/10 - NOA Hard Copies Received (I-765 & I-485)                                                          2017/11/28 - Mailed I-130 (FedEx) For Delivery 2017/11/29    

2017/04/14 - RFIE Notification                                                                                                    2017/12/03 - Received Text Email - Case Accepted (Routed to NBC)

2017/04/20 - RFIE Hard Copy Received (Requesting copy of marriage certificate)                   2018/01/13 - I-485 AOS Card in Production

2017/04/22 - Mailed RFIE Reply (FedEx) For Delivery 2017/04/25                                            2018/01/18 - I-485 AOS Card Mailed

2017/04/27 - RFIE Response Received at NBC (Processing Resumed)                                    2018/01/22 - I-485 AOS Card Received

2017/07/17 - I-765 EAD Card in Production                   

ROC

2019/12/13 - Mailed I-751 (FedEx) For Delivery 2019/12/16

2019/12/18 - Date on NOA1

2019/12/19 - Received Text - Case Accepted (Routed to LIN - Nebraska)

2019/12/20 - Check Pending on Account

2019/12/23 - I-797 Received (18 Month Extension)

2020/03/05 - Biometrics Appointment

2020/11/13 - Case Transferred Notification #1

2020/11/16 - Case Transferred Notification #2

1 hour ago, EmilyUK said:

Sorry, I am crashing your forum.  I had a question that people here might be able to answer better than most others.

I am going to be filing by N-400 next month and I just came across a moment of confusion. I will be applying under the 3 year rule for spouses of US citizens. One of the questions asks about trips outside of the US in the past 5 years, and whether they were 6 months or longer. I had a trip in 2016 that was 6.5 months [waiting abroad for K-1 to be approved], but this was obviously before I became a permanent resident (January 2018). Do I still list everything from the last 5 years, even though I am filing under the 3 year rule? I would assume the answer is yes, but that it would be noted that years 4 & 5 don't really apply since spouses of US citizens only need a 3 year continuous residency and therefore nothing is broken...

(I will be applying online, so when I say on the very first page I am applying under 3 year rule, does the question later in the form change to reflect? I have been looking at the paper forms)

Try This Forum https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/114-us-citizenship-general-discussion/, they may know more on this subject

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.