Greenbaum

MARCH 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,540 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Replying just to let others know that may be in the same boat: We have a NVC case receive date of 02/28. We have not received an email or had our CEAC status updated. Since ours would be going to Mumbai, India, A DHL shippers reference of EXP 05 MAR 2019A has not brought up anything yet. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Okay, I apologize if this is really obvious/stupid question but my google-fu is not strong today. 

I JUST received an email today from the NVC with a PDF attached statuing the NVC received my fiance's approved I-129F from the USCIS. The letter goes on to say they will now forward the petition to the US Embassy in Paris, France. 

Does this mean they just received the I-129F application today? I have a case number now and I just used the CEAC site to check my fiance's visa status and it says IN TRANSIT. But I can't seem to login because it asks for an invoice number I don't have. 

Furthermore, I'm not sure how to update my timeline, since it's asking for 

NVC Received :  
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned 

Where do I find this information? 

Sorry if this is covered somewhere else, I just couldn't find it and I'm overly excited/stressed out! 

Thanks in advance! :)

6 hours ago, estomacsurpattes said:

Okay, I apologize if this is really obvious/stupid question but my google-fu is not strong today. 

I JUST received an email today from the NVC with a PDF attached statuing the NVC received my fiance's approved I-129F from the USCIS. The letter goes on to say they will now forward the petition to the US Embassy in Paris, France. 

Does this mean they just received the I-129F application today? I have a case number now and I just used the CEAC site to check my fiance's visa status and it says IN TRANSIT. But I can't seem to login because it asks for an invoice number I don't have. 

NVC Received :  

Sorry if this is covered somewhere else, I just couldn't find it and I'm overly excited/stressed out! 

those are from the NVC, if you get an email, it should tell you, if not, give it a few weeks then call the NVC, and they can provide this information

does the email have the consulate it is going to as a 3 letter code with a bunch of numbers? if so, that is the code it wants.... for example, mine is going to Kyiv, so my code starts with KEVxxxxxxxxxx

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

18 hours ago, estomacsurpattes said:

NVC Received :  

Where are you trying to log in because it sounds like you have the answer to the status of your case file and it is "in transit". You can try the DHL hack to follow your case as it travels to your embassy. Keep in mind it will only show total applicants on that flight of which you are one. Instructions are on the first page of this thread.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

21 hours ago, Fjsiodn said:

Replying just to let others know that may be in the same boat: We have a NVC case receive date of 02/28. We have not received an email or had our CEAC status updated. Since ours would be going to Mumbai, India, A DHL shippers reference of EXP 05 MAR 2019A has not brought up anything yet. 

DHL has been slow in posting anything. Keep trying.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
14 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

those are from the NVC, if you get an email, it should tell you, if not, give it a few weeks then call the NVC, and they can provide this information

does the email have the consulate it is going to as a 3 letter code with a bunch of numbers? if so, that is the code it wants.... for example, mine is going to Kyiv, so my code starts with KEVxxxxxxxxxx

I have the case number, that starts with PRS, which I assume is for Paris. Is the IIN and BIN the same number? I want to fill out my timeline correctly and I just don't have the date my case was received at the NVC or when it left.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Where are you trying to log in because it sounds like you have the answer to the status of your case file and it is "in transit". You can try the DHL hack to follow your case as it travels to your embassy. Keep in mind it will only show total applicants on that flight of which you are one. Instructions are on the first page of this thread.

I was trying to log in on the CEAC website (https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx) so my fiance and I could start filling out the D-form. (Is it the 160 or 261?) Unless, is that form and fees paid offline? Everything I read online was saying to login to do that on the link I mention earlier, but when it asks for the invoice number, it's not the same as the case number and I don't have an invoice number. :(

15 minutes ago, estomacsurpattes said:

I was trying to log in on the CEAC website (https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx) so my fiance and I could start filling out the D-form. (Is it the 160 or 261?) Unless, is that form and fees paid offline? Everything I read online was saying to login to do that on the link I mention earlier, but when it asks for the invoice number, it's not the same as the case number and I don't have an invoice number. :(

My illustration below is what you have just described. Let's see if we can sort this out for you.

1. Call NVC and ask for your case number and invoice number unless you have a hardcopy in a letter sent to the petitioner, then it will be located there.

2. Complete form (DS-160) Online Immigrant Visa Application at https://travel.state...pplication.html -- mandatory for each visa applicant. The PRS201. number provided by the National Visa Center (NVC) will be needed. You should PRINT out the Confirmation page that contains the bar code and BRING IT with you to the interview.

3. Use these links for further information:

https://fr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/PRS-Paris.pdf

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g3Kap3mdru6wVgE95v0aLDs7kCvUk3BP/view?usp=sharing

I hope this helps.

4.png

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

My illustration below is what you have just described. Let's see if we can sort this out for you.

1. Call NVC and ask for your case number and invoice number unless you have a hardcopy in a letter sent to the petitioner, then it will be located there.

2. Complete form (DS-160) Online Immigrant Visa Application at https://travel.state...pplication.html -- mandatory for each visa applicant. The PRS201. number provided by the National Visa Center (NVC) will be needed. You should PRINT out the Confirmation page that contains the bar code and BRING IT with you to the interview.

3. Use these links for further information:

https://fr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/PRS-Paris.pdf

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g3Kap3mdru6wVgE95v0aLDs7kCvUk3BP/view?usp=sharing

I hope this helps.

4.png

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! By searching the Visajourney forums for 'NVC invoice number," I did see I need to call them. I'm the petitioner, but haven't received a hardcopy letter in the mail; just an email with a PDF that does NOT contain it. I will be calling the NVC and then proceeding as you so kindly outlined. 

Seriously, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I'd buy you a drink if I could. :)

Edited by estomacsurpattes

1 minute ago, estomacsurpattes said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! By searching the Visajourney forums for 'NVC invoice number," I did see I need to call them. I'm the petitioner, but haven't received a hardcopy letter in the mail; just an email with a PDF that does NOT contain it. I will be calling the proceeding as you so kindly outlined. 

Seriously, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I'd buy you a drink if I could. :)

I'd have one with you but I am too old to drink. :rofl: Read the other links and if you have question come on back and will help you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.