Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2019 at 12:37 PM, Shiran said:

I have a question: At what point should we expect to hear that form I-693 is required?

It is different for K1 since we had our medical done abroad. I came on K1 too and just sent a copy of DS3025 with the aos package. We shouldn't need to do anything else if the DS3025 was complete and there are no vaccinations missing on it. I believe if there is something missing they would send us a request for the I693.

Why do you think yours is not complete?

I did some research on it since the embassy assigned doctor was no help and didn't even perform vaccinations. I feel pretty confident about having it right though. You can find more information about it in the I693 instructions - there's a whole section about DS3025

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Michaela K. said:

It is different for K1 since we had our medical done abroad. I came on K1 too and just sent a copy of DS3025 with the aos package. We shouldn't need to do anything else if the DS3025 was complete and there are no vaccinations missing on it. I believe if there is something missing they would send us a request for the I693.

Why do you think yours is not complete?

I did some research on it since the embassy assigned doctor was no help and didn't even perform vaccinations. I feel pretty confident about having it right though. You can find more information about it in the I693 instructions - there's a whole section about DS3025

jvPTgoJ.jpg?1

This is our DS-3025. The fact that K-1 electing not to get vaccinated is checked worries me. And of course influenza shot is missing. We hope this is sufficient obviously, but still curious what is the time line before we hear about I-693 (if we hear about it)

4 hours ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

I JUST WANT MY EAD!! Ok I’m done have a good day 😂😂

I feel the same way too!!!!!😩 lol

Just had my biometrics appointment earlier this morning, now to wait again!

Our journey so far:🙂

03 /12/19- Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 (via USPS)
03/14/19 - Arrived at Chicago lock box
03/19/19- NOA1 via text (all petitions NBC)
03/22/19- Biometrics notice
03/25/19 - NOA1 via mail for AOSEAD & AP 
03/30/19- NOA1 for scheduled biometrics appointment (via mail)
04/12/19- Biometrics appointment completed 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Shiran said:

jvPTgoJ.jpg?1

This is our DS-3025. The fact that K-1 electing not to get vaccinated is checked worries me. And of course influenza shot is missing. We hope this is sufficient obviously, but still curious what is the time line before we hear about I-693 (if we hear about it)

Yup, I've that get rejected but also seen others get approved. It always seems so arbitrary. Just cross your fingers that you get a lenient adjudicator who can see that the needed shots are actually there even if the correct box isn't checked.

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Timeline

And ... we just got our Biometrics appointment letter for Apr 26, 2019. So biometrics should be about exactly one month after after USCIS got the I-485 application. There were no changes in status on the websites as far as I can tell. Letter just showed up. SSN is not shown on it, but we now have SSN, I wonder if we should provide it. 

Edited by Shiran

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Had my Biometrics in Jamaica, NY today.

Pretty easy and fast.

Arrived 30mins before my 11am appointment time and left the building before 11am lol.

I only showed my state ID and Appointment letter.

For some reason the lady that conducted the fingerprinting kept asking me for my work permit/EAD

What do the 2 sites show you guys? For me the egov.uscis site shows for the I-485 "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" and for the EAD it says "We have received your case" with the NOA date but on the my.uscis site there is no updates at all about anything. The my.uscis site shows only "we received your case" for both the EAD and for the I-485 but there is no date on it like what's the NOA date.

Edited by Gigi2017

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We filed in February 2019. Got the application rejected because it was filled out on old forms (they just updated them and we missed that part since we've had the application ready to go for months). Sent the new application in March 8th. Was received by NBC on March 15th (delayed by post office). Priority date is March 19th 2019. I received my biometrics appointment for April 18th. 

Time line 

03/08/2019: USPS delivery

03/19/2019: Priority/ Received date

03/22/2019: Notice of action (receipts)

03/30/2019: Notice of action (Biometrics appointment)

04/02/2019: I-693 Courtesy letter

04/18/2019: Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gigi2017 said:

What do the 2 sites show you guys? For me the egov.uscis site shows for the I-485 "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" and for the EAD it says "We have received your case" with the NOA date but on the my.uscis site there is no updates at all about anything. The my.uscis site shows only "we received your case" for both the EAD and for the I-485 but there is no date on it like what's the NOA date.

For me, both say "Case is Ready..."! I had my biometrics on 04/01, the old website updated on 04/02 afternoon and the new website on 03/04 morning.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, Shiran said:

6 hours ago, Shiran said:

jvPTgoJ.jpg?1

A friend of mine had her vaccination documentation marked the same way (K-Visa applicant electing not to be vaccinated at this examination).

At the interview, she was issued an RFE and had to go take the missing shot and redo the medical so they could officially put it on her record ($$$). It was all fine though, she received her GC shortly after.

8 hours ago, Shiran said:

jvPTgoJ.jpg?1

Oh ok, I have no idea then. I'd search on the forums here or ask in the forums focused on that topic. I found the embassy doctor so useless in knowing what they're doing. I'd be in the same situation like you if I didn't call and accidentally find out that they didn't perform any vaccinations there. So I did my own research and got all the shots somewhere else before the medical so they could mark that the required vaccinations were completed 🤦‍♀️

Does anyone know when the status changes from ‘fingerprint fee was received’ once you’ve completed your biometrics? Thanks 

03/01/2019 - USCIS Chicago lockbox received case  for AOS/EAD/AP

03/21/2019 - NOA1 received hard copy via post (Notice date 03/14/2019)

12 hours ago, gkzrl said:

My husband has no form (doctor didn’t give it to him and would not reply to numerous emails or calls). So we just put in cover letter that he didn’t have it but it should be in their packet (that’s what someone here said to do). He was also missing flu shot but I was also advised to just wait and see what happens. Some won’t care, some will. But it’s easy to fix if they care. 

17 hours ago, Gigi2017 said:

It is the same for me , i dont know why. They probably dont update it all the time

Timeline
4 hours ago, americaninlove said:

My husband has no form (doctor didn’t give it to him and would not reply to numerous emails or calls). So we just put in cover letter that he didn’t have it but it should be in their packet (that’s what someone here said to do). He was also missing flu shot but I was also advised to just wait and see what happens. Some won’t care, some will. But it’s easy to fix if they care. 

That is pretty much what we are doing. We are going to see if they will request anything, but it is good to know at what point you are "safe" 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.