Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarah6422 said:

What app do you see it on? The visa tracker app ?(purple with an eagle on it)

Yes, USCIS case tracker, but the email and text came like 15 minutes later 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, Sarah6422 said:

What app do you see it on? The visa tracker app ?(purple with an eagle on it)

Yes, I don’t have it because I have an iPhone, but hubby does. I also want to let y’all know we did not receive not even 1 update on the USCIS website. It still says case received and l biometrics fee received and that’s it! We also did ask to expedite the EAD  and never received anything about that either. 

19 hours ago, americaninlove said:

then an hour later gets an email saying that they tried to reach him to schedule but there was no answer. He was literally sitting on the couch with his phone the whole time. 

If his phone never rang, I'd try to make sure they have a correct number on his file. Also, next time he calls tell them about this issue so maybe they can come up with another solution if this happens again. Or give them also your number so they have 2 options to try. 

It's weird, I personally never had an issue. I had a call back from tier2 multiple times. Even one time I was on the phone with someone else and they just called in that moment, I was so mad at myself cause I thought I'd have to go through a tier1 and the wait again but luckily they tried to call me again a few minutes later

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Michaela K. said:

If his phone never rang, I'd try to make sure they have a correct number on his file.

Due to spam/scam call some phone companies are implementing "scam blocker" protection. I know T-mobile has one, where they suspect a scam/spam call it will not ring through. I know it affects call from charities as well, calls from large call centres. Hopefully it is not the case for USCIS.

3 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Due to spam/scam call some phone companies are implementing "scam blocker" protection. I know T-mobile has one, where they suspect a scam/spam call it will not ring through. I know it affects call from charities as well, calls from large call centres. Hopefully it is not the case for USCIS.

Im on T-Mobile and I got a call through and it said Likely Scam which made me laugh lol 

1 hour ago, Michaela K. said:

If his phone never rang, I'd try to make sure they have a correct number on his file. Also, next time he calls tell them about this issue so maybe they can come up with another solution if this happens again. Or give them also your number so they have 2 options to try. 

It's weird, I personally never had an issue. I had a call back from tier2 multiple times. Even one time I was on the phone with someone else and they just called in that moment, I was so mad at myself cause I thought I'd have to go through a tier1 and the wait again but luckily they tried to call me again a few minutes later

Took about five calls today but finally he got through! The first four just give you a message saying that due to high call volume you need to call back another time. On the fifth time he got put on hold for 45 minutes and then got a HUMAN! This time, unlike last time, it was a really nice woman who said she would put in for an expedite of his AP (that's better than he got last time--last time the guy said he would not qualify and would not do anything). She said he would hear back with either a yes, no, or request for more info. I'm hopeful that her putting that in, plus the now moving timelines, might make a difference?!?! One can hope. At least he finally got a human on the phone!

Timeline
48 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

or request for more info.

That usually comes in the form of an e-mail requesting a fax. So be prepared for that, and hopefully e-mail they have on file for you is accurate.

1 hour ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

Im on T-Mobile and I got a call through and it said Likely Scam which made me laugh lol 

I get scam calls from the "IRS" on a daily basis. I keep block them but they keep calling me from different numbers. Once I picked up because I wanted to know what they want. A guy on the phone said I need to tell him my Social Security number because it got suspected and if I don't want to get in trouble, I need to verify my Social Security number. My answer was like "how funny is this. I don't even have a Social Security number yet but it already suspected?" The guy hunged up on me LOL

Be careful, IRS or Social Security never call you they only send letter, and USCIS also call you ONLY if you call them and ask for a Tier1 or Tier2!! 

Edited by Gigi2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gigi2017 said:

I get scam calls from the "IRS" on a daily basis. I keep block them but they keep calling me from different numbers. Once I picked up because I wanted to know what they want. A guy on the phone said I need to tell him my Social Security number because it got suspected and if I don't want to get in trouble, I need to verify my Social Security number. My answer was like "how funny is this. I don't even have a Social Security number yet but it already suspected?" The guy hunged up on me LOL

Be careful, IRS or Social Security never call you they only send letter, and USCIS also call you ONLY if you call them and ask for a Tier1 or Tier2!! 

I keep getting those calls daily too. They say my SS number has been suspended due to suspicious activity and that all my benefits have been suspended too. But I've never received a SS benefit in my life 😂

AOS thru marriage from F-1 (student) visa in Tampa, FL - 83 DAYS (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

2019-03-18 - AOS package sent; concurrent filing (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) (FedEx; choose regular rate! Still arrives super fast and is WAY cheaper!)

2019-03-21 - AOS package received (Day 1)

2019-03-30 - All NOA1s arrived (dated March 25) (Day 10)

2019-04-05 - Biometrics notice arrived (dated March 29) (Day 16)

2019-04-16 - Biometrics appointment (Day 27)

2019-04-17 - Online status updated to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" (Day 28)

2019-04-23 - Online status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" (Day 34)

2019-05-30 - AOS Interview (Day 71) → https://tinyurl.com/yxug6acr

2019-06-04 - Online status updated to "Case Was Approved"; EAD and AP status updated to "Case Closed" (Day 76)

2019-06-11 - GC in hand (Day 83) ~ done for now!

ROC during COVID-19 pandemic, Nebraska Service Center <_< - 514 DAYS

Spoiler

2021-03-10 - ROC package sent

2021-03-15 - ROC package received (Day 1)

2021-04-09 - NOA1 arrived (dated April 06) (Day 26)

2021-04-30 - Online status updated to "Fingerprints Were Taken" (used AOS fingerprints); no biometrics fee refund (Day 47)

2021-11-01 - 24-month extension letter received (Day 232)

2022-08-08 - Combo interview (I-751 and N-400) (Day 512) → https://tinyurl.com/2aejcx4e

2022-08-10 - Approval notice in the mail; no 10-year green card for me since N-400 also approved (Day 514)

N-400 during COVID-19 pandemic in Philly, PA - 169 DAYS (No RFE)

Spoiler

2022-03-11 - Online submission

2022-03-11 - NOA1 and biometrics reuse notice uploaded to myUSCIS account (Day 1)

2022-06-30 - Interview scheduled (Day 112)

2022-08-08 - Combo interview (I-751 and N-400) (Day 151) → https://tinyurl.com/2aejcx4e

2022-08-10 - Oath ceremony scheduled (Day 153)

2022-08-26 - Oath ceremony (Day 169) ~ DONE FOREVER!

BE  K I N D → https://tinyurl.com/tev3sgl  

Timeline
1 minute ago, HSsweethearts4E said:

I keep getting those calls daily too. They say my SS number has been suspended due to suspicious activity and that all my benefits have been suspended too. But I've never received a SS benefit in my life 😂

They are predators targeting older people getting Social Security benefits. Would be nice if government spend some effort to curtail those calls instead of issuing RFE over the missing checkboxes to people who are actually playing by the rules. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We attended our interview last Friday in San Bernardino, CA. I am awaiting to upload a full report until all is resolved. Immediately we were informed at the interview that my wife's medical was missing from the file and they had ordered a copy from the National Records Center. The IO indicated his approval of her application pending receipt of the medical file. However, the whole interview experience was quite strange. He said he reviewed our file the day before and noticed it was missing, so obviously they check them out in advance. The IO didn't ask for a single financial document or pictures, just birth/marriage/divorce certificates. I am hoping his indication of approval is true. He said if they cannot locate the record, she will have to redo the medical at a civil surgeon. I am a little disappointed that it is lost, and I assume it was lost at POE because of the experience we had. I assume there is little chance the National Records Center has it. So I have to wait probably a month or more to get an RFE, submit the medical exam and wait for approval again. I paid a lot of money for the exams and vaccinations in Mexico, so hopefully they won't have to be redone. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.