Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

So I just got back frommy interview and we were approved!

but it sure as hell didn't seem like your regular AOS interview, so I wrote a post about it:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 7/18/2019 at 3:21 PM, paulsquare said:

Paystubs, credit card statements, bank statements, health insurance, 401k statement, car insurance, car registration, utility bills, tax returns, photos, lease contract, car purchased documents.

Congrats on completing the interview, your experience looks very smooth! Would you mind sharing what questions were asked during the interview at Pittsburgh office? I'm having mine tomorrow to prepare for

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, pittfiler said:

Congrats on completing the interview, your experience looks very smooth! Would you mind sharing what questions were asked during the interview at Pittsburgh office? I'm having mine tomorrow to prepare for

Interview went well, but I have issue on My birth year. They need to update my date of birth in the background check before they issue my green card.

Very generic questions based on the application forms. What is each others Birthday, birth place, phone number, parents name, how we met, what visa I have, point of entry and exit - when and where. who are the people in the photo album that we presented. How we celebrated our wedding, who attended, when and where it happened.

For the full name, make sure to mention first name, middle name and last name.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/24/2019 at 2:15 PM, Rylee said:

I'm sure you guys will do fine, a co-sponsor is suuuuuper normal from my understanding, so it shouldn't slow anything down :) good luck tomorrow, not that you'll need it! Luna's delicious, so def a good choice there! And we just got his green card in the mail today, so Detroit's super duper quick on that front too.

We had our interview yesterday and we were approved on the spot! 

They were running about an hour behind, but when he called us in, he went over our personal details on the form, asked when we were married, how we met. I handed him some of our evidence (at point he said he has enough) and then he just started talking about when the GC will arrive and the that it is a conditional one. No other questions. 

I asked him if this means we are approved and he kinda chuckled and said yes.

They are very friendly and easy going at Detroit. 

I had to convince myself throughout the day that I didn't misunderstand him, but then around 9pm last night our status changed to 'New Card Being Produced'. So happy!!!

To all those still going for interviews; just relax!! If you don't have anything to hide, there is nothing to stress out about!! 

Edit:

Oh, and he was also shocked at how quickly our application had gone. 

Edited by Canadian87
Added last line.

3/1/2019 ~ Mailed in via lawyer to Chicago Lockbox

3/15/2019 ~ USCIS Processed payment

3/16/2019 ~ Received NOA1

3/23/2019 ~ Received Biometrics Appointment

4/2/2019 ~ Biometrics Appointment

4/10/2019 ~ Status of I-485 changed to 'Ready for Interview'

4/15/2019 ~ Interview has been scheduled

5/22/2019 ~ Had to reschedule interview the day before

6/12/2019 ~ Received new interview date

7/25/2019 ~ Interview: Approved!!

8/2/2019 ~ GC IN HAND!!

--

4/25/2021 ~ Apply for ROC

5/1/2021 ~ Package sent lawyer

6/9/2021 ~ Package sent to USCIS

6/14/2021 ~ Status Change: Case was Received

--

08/31/2022 ~ Mailed N-400 Package to Lawyer

09/09/2022 ~ Package being mailed to USCIS

09/12/2022 ~ Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

09/14/2022 ~ Check cashed by USCIS

09/20/2022 ~ I-797C received in mail - Status: USCIS is actively reviewing...

09/16/2022 ~ I-797C stating that the biometrics will be reused 

10/22/2022 ~ Status changed to 'Interview has been Scheduled'

12/08/2022 ~ N-400/I-751 Combo Interview

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Recommended for approval

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled

12/17/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony Notice has been Mailed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, alun said:

congratulations 🎉 ! Now you can relax !🙂 

Thanks! That's for sure. I feel so much more relaxed today than I did yesterday :)

3/1/2019 ~ Mailed in via lawyer to Chicago Lockbox

3/15/2019 ~ USCIS Processed payment

3/16/2019 ~ Received NOA1

3/23/2019 ~ Received Biometrics Appointment

4/2/2019 ~ Biometrics Appointment

4/10/2019 ~ Status of I-485 changed to 'Ready for Interview'

4/15/2019 ~ Interview has been scheduled

5/22/2019 ~ Had to reschedule interview the day before

6/12/2019 ~ Received new interview date

7/25/2019 ~ Interview: Approved!!

8/2/2019 ~ GC IN HAND!!

--

4/25/2021 ~ Apply for ROC

5/1/2021 ~ Package sent lawyer

6/9/2021 ~ Package sent to USCIS

6/14/2021 ~ Status Change: Case was Received

--

08/31/2022 ~ Mailed N-400 Package to Lawyer

09/09/2022 ~ Package being mailed to USCIS

09/12/2022 ~ Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

09/14/2022 ~ Check cashed by USCIS

09/20/2022 ~ I-797C received in mail - Status: USCIS is actively reviewing...

09/16/2022 ~ I-797C stating that the biometrics will be reused 

10/22/2022 ~ Status changed to 'Interview has been Scheduled'

12/08/2022 ~ N-400/I-751 Combo Interview

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Recommended for approval

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled

12/17/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony Notice has been Mailed

Timeline

biometrics done! so i filled 3/28 and my biometrics where yesterday.  Honestly seems they did forget to send me letter. nothing updated to my uscis acc (ofc) after the first notification. I am totally now clueless what happens and when lol.

Hoping that i get some info more soon.

Okay so one day later it changed from interview cancelled to interview is scheduled. Does this mean I am actually going to get an interview time in the mail? I would be very shocked! 

BFAE6232-F91C-4E80-9320-1AB5E414888C.thumb.png.083d09c1e766d9a85632146c623f40b8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Becksnjessie said:

Okay so one day later it changed from interview cancelled to interview is scheduled. Does this mean I am actually going to get an interview time in the mail? I would be very shocked! 

BFAE6232-F91C-4E80-9320-1AB5E414888C.thumb.png.083d09c1e766d9a85632146c623f40b8.png

I think you will! I’m guessing someone scheduled your interview erroneously and had to reschedule hence the cancel and then scheduling again. Congrats

Timeline
On 7/25/2019 at 11:15 AM, pittfiler said:

how's your interview?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
7 minutes ago, paulsquare said:

how's your interview?

It was very smooth, although our interview was delayed for an hour because someone before us took too long. She said she will recommend us for approval :)

Timeline
10 minutes ago, pittfiler said:

It was very smooth, although our interview was delayed for an hour because someone before us took too long. She said she will recommend us for approval :)

Congrats! Is she look like Chinese?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.