NAK

british national w/green card, want parents to visit usa

27 posts in this topic

I want to apply for my parents tourist visa , I’m a British national with American green card residing in Houston Texas . 

My dad is a retired police officer , now working along my brother in two family business . 

both the business have him and my brother as the business owners . My mother is a house wife . 

I want to apply for their tourist visa and have so many questions . Most important what documentation would they need , plus the suitable 

funds are enough to maintain in a bank account ? 

How to prove strong ties ? Apart from business and two siblings and life back home . 

They don’t own the property but the business premises is their own property .

pls guide me. 

Thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What is wrong with the VWP?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Huh? You said you have a Green Card? You do not need a Tourist Visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

If parents are British nationals, they may not need a tourist visa, hence the VWP

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

• Ban Hammer changed the title to british national w/green card, want parents to visit usa
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

posts split from another topic

charles

vj moderation

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

5 hours ago, NAK said:

There is nothing wrong , I haven’t applied for it yet . I need info on the documents , bank statements and everything relevant to applying tourist visa being a green card holder in the US. 

What is the processing time these days ? 

Thanks 

You don’t apply, your parents apply. You are not petitioning them for anything. If they are British nationals or nationals of another visa waiver program country, they don’t even have to apply for a visa, just an ESTA (assuming a visit of 90 days or less and no factors like a criminal record that make an ESTA unlikely). Google VWP.

Edited by SusieQQQ

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

You don’t apply, your parents apply. You are not petitioning them for anything. If they are British nationals or nationals of another visa waiver program country, they don’t even have to apply for a visa, just an ESTA (assuming a visit of 90 days or less and no factors like a criminal record that make an ESTA unlikely). Google VWP.

Guys please read my comments carefully , they are in Pakistan and hold a Pakistani passport . 

They DO need a Visa to come visit USA . 

Now pls read my query and assist it accordingly thanks 

6 hours ago, Boiler said:

Huh? You said you have a Green Card? You do not need a Tourist Visa.

Guys please read my comments carefully , they are in Pakistan and hold a Pakistani passport . 

Now pls read my query and assist it accordingly thanks . 

And the VISA is for them NOT me . I’m already resident of US with green card . 

2 hours ago, NAK said:

Uh... where did you say that previously? This was your first post here:

9 hours ago, NAK said:

I want to apply for my parents tourist visa , I’m a British national with American green card residing in Houston Texas . 

My dad is a retired police officer , now working along my brother in two family business . 

both the business have him and my brother as the business owners . My mother is a house wife . 

I want to apply for their tourist visa and have so many questions . Most important what documentation would they need , plus the suitable 

funds are enough to maintain in a bank account ? 

How to prove strong ties ? Apart from business and two siblings and life back home . 

They don’t own the property but the business premises is their own property .

pls guide me. 

Thanks 

Regardless, same answer in the sense of - you are not petitioning them. They apply. They answer the DS160. They answer questions in the interview. They may or may not be asked to show proof of things like property ownership.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The challenge your parents face in applying for their own tourist (B2) visa, is to overcome their assumed immigration intent, especially since they have a family member in the US.  Their ties to Pakistan will have to be extra-strong to overcome this, as they already have strong ties (you) in the US.  They should apply and see what happens, as it will be up to the officer to decide based on all their completely honest answers on the visa application.

13 hours ago, NAK said:

I read your comments carefully, did not see a mention of them being from Pakistan anywhere until this quoted post. 

You dont apply for their visa. Your parents apply at a US Embassy/Consulate in Pakistan, and they are the applicants. You can help fill out the ds160 and/or pay. The rest is up to them to convince the CO of their ties to home they would return to. The less you're involved, the better. No documents have to be sent from the US. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

33 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

I read your comments carefully, did not see a mention of them being from Pakistan anywhere until this quoted post. 

You dont apply for their visa. Your parents apply at a US Embassy/Consulate in Pakistan, and they are the applicants. You can help fill out the ds160 and/or pay. The rest is up to them to convince the CO of their ties to home they would return to. The less you're involved, the better. No documents have to be sent from the US. 

Hello ! 

I definately did post all the details , I guess it’s some glitch , so excuse the misunderstanding . 

When I say I’m filing their case let’s clear that here I’m helping them in processing their visa from Pakistan . 

So since I’m helping them I need to guide them gather all the details as to what documents they need to start preparing there , what proof is needed that they should be preparing and how much funds THEY need to maintain in their accounts as I’m not sponsoring them so all the documents and bank statements will be theirs . 

I am looking for all these answers so I could pass on all these information for them to prepare and first fill out the form pay fees and then prepare for the interview and take along all the required documents . 

Hope it clears out what sort of help and assistance I’m looking for . 

My dad is a retired police official over 65 who runs two business now along with my brother . 

My mom is a house over 55 . 

Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.