arwinder bhalla

spouse visa(merged)

25 posts in this topic

People don't read anymore these days. 😥

Youtube and Facebook generation of people just want fast and cheap answer. Rather than going through the hassle of reading a 2 page document, they are just looking for a 160 word tweet to find all the answers.

If you don't care to read, I advice just to do it with a lawyer. This is going to require some research on your end to do it right.

USC, For spouse, April 02, YSC

4 minutes ago, suhridkhan said:

People don't read anymore these days. 😥

Youtube and Facebook generation of people just want fast and cheap answer. Rather than going through the hassle of reading a 2 page document, they are just looking for a 160 word tweet to find all the answers. 

If you don't care to read, I advice just to do it with a lawyer. This is going to require some research on your end to do it right. 

People do read thoroughly and not just rely on YouTube, Facebook, or cheap answers. As far as I know, its ok to ask for additional information. Its better to understand the question first before answering, even when I said I" used to have that". which means I know what I am talking about. please don't waste time criticizing people.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
49 minutes ago, arwinder bhalla said:

Yes, I did check out the guidelines. what I am looking for is a physical checklist. I used to have that list and can’t find it now. so, I was asking to see if anyone still have that. Or else I need to create a new checklist. I like to list all the documents on one page before I send it Immigration. Again, I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT AND I HAVE READ THE GUIDLINES. 

Please share if you have anything relevant. 

Ouch, the attitude.

Anyway, you haven’t read the guidelines. The guides have the physical checklist for each application. 

Edited by arken

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

OP, this is the guide:

https://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

If you read it, you'll see that there's definitely a checklist of what other documents you need to send with your I-130 & I-130A.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well if you are looking for a checklist of evidence to consider, here's my checklist I created years back from all the information I gathered reading and researching here and there. 

1. Evidence of Communication Before and After Marriage

• Phone bills showing who called whom
  • Letters
  • Greeting cards
  • Chat logs
  • Emails / PM’s
  • Delivery receipts (of gifts you send each other)

2. Evidence of Visits / Vacations / Meeting in Person

• Boarding passes
  • Passport stamps
  • Hotel receipts with both your names
  • Vacation / honeymoon photos
  • Receipts or bank statements showing remote ATM withdrawals (to show you were pulling money from that location at such time)

3. Evidence of Co-habitation During Marriage

• Birth certificates of any children born to you together
  • Mortgage loan contract or lease contract with both partners’ names in it
  • Utility bills with both partners’ names
  • Receipts with both partners’ names in shipping/billing address
  • Pictures of you two living together

4. Evidence of Joint Ownership of Assets and Shared Financial Responsibility

• Joint bank account statements
  • Proof of joint credit card use
  • Money transfer receipts
  • Power of Attorney
  • Wills (never used this)
  • Utility bills
  • Life insurance policy showing spouse as beneficiary
  • Health insurance
  • Car insurance

5. Photographic Evidence

• Photos of you two together
  • Photos of you two with family (such as wedding, parties, kids’ graduation, etc.)
  • Photos of you two in various locations and times

6. Evidence from Others in Support of Bona Fide Marriage

• Sworn affidavits of friends and/or family
  • Letters/cards from friends and/or family

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

2 hours ago, arken said:

Ouch, the attitude.

Anyway, you haven’t read the guidelines. The guides have the physical checklist for each application. 

+1

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 hours ago, arwinder bhalla said:

People do read thoroughly and not just rely on YouTube, Facebook, or cheap answers. As far as I know, its ok to ask for additional information. Its better to understand the question first before answering, even when I said I" used to have that". which means I know what I am talking about. please don't waste time criticizing people.

First of all, everyone on here tries to help you. But no, we're not going to hold your hand and type out a step by step guide, since there's already one on this forum.

A lot of people guided you where you should go to get the checklist and the answer to your question 'which forms do I need for spousal visa'. 

It comes off a little ungrateful that you put up an attitude to people who try to guide you simply cause it's not the way you want us to guide you.

When you have any questions after thoroughly reading the guides on VJ and the instructions on https://www.uscis.gov/ or when you get stuck filling out the paperwork, we're more than happy to help you. And keep in mind, VJ guides are only guides (very helpful tho!), but the instructions from USCIS are always leading.

Anyway, I went to the guides (you can find these on the top and the link is already shared multiple times) and this is what I found via https://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1.

Assembling the I-130 Package: Checklist 
Forms and Documents (follow these assembly instructions. All supporting documents must be in English or be translated as noted here.):

1. Payment as required by USCIS. Use a personal check so you can track the payment. Money Orders are also accepted. Read the Guide to Paying USCIS Immigration Fees.
2. Cover Letter. Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-130), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.
3. Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative
4. Copy of the full Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport. This is used to establish citizenship.
5. A copy of petitioner's proof of naturalization. (If applicable)
6. A copy of petitioner's proof of permanent residency. (If applicable)
7. A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate and/or passport along with English translation. (If in any language other than English) (no longer needed)
8. A copy of your marriage certificate (If not in English then again get a translation)
9. If either you or your spouse were previously married, submit copies of documents showing that all prior marriages were legally terminated (court certified copies of the petitioner's and/or intending immigrant's divorce documents).
10. A copy of a prior spouse's death certificate. (If one or both of you were married before, and the prior spouse died)
11. Two passport-type photos (see specification) of the petitioner. Write the full name on the back of each photo. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding I-130.
12. Two passport-type photos (see specification) of the non-US Citzen spouse. Write the full name of the beneficiary on the back of each photo. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of (insert name) ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding I-130.
13. Evidence of a bonafide marriage (see note below for what to include)
14. Form I-130A: Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary

Edited by C90

9 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Well if you are looking for a checklist of evidence to consider, here's my checklist I created years back from all the information I gathered reading and researching here and there. 

1. Evidence of Communication Before and After Marriage

• Phone bills showing who called whom
  • Letters
  • Greeting cards
  • Chat logs
  • Emails / PM’s
  • Delivery receipts (of gifts you send each other)

2. Evidence of Visits / Vacations / Meeting in Person

• Boarding passes
  • Passport stamps
  • Hotel receipts with both your names
  • Vacation / honeymoon photos
  • Receipts or bank statements showing remote ATM withdrawals (to show you were pulling money from that location at such time)

3. Evidence of Co-habitation During Marriage

• Birth certificates of any children born to you together
  • Mortgage loan contract or lease contract with both partners’ names in it
  • Utility bills with both partners’ names
  • Receipts with both partners’ names in shipping/billing address
  • Pictures of you two living together

4. Evidence of Joint Ownership of Assets and Shared Financial Responsibility

• Joint bank account statements
  • Proof of joint credit card use
  • Money transfer receipts
  • Power of Attorney
  • Wills (never used this)
  • Utility bills
  • Life insurance policy showing spouse as beneficiary
  • Health insurance
  • Car insurance

5. Photographic Evidence

• Photos of you two together
  • Photos of you two with family (such as wedding, parties, kids’ graduation, etc.)
  • Photos of you two in various locations and times

6. Evidence from Others in Support of Bona Fide Marriage

• Sworn affidavits of friends and/or family
  • Letters/cards from friends and/or family

Thank you posting this checklist. This is exactly what I was looking for. Seems like my question was misinterpreted and everyone started throwing comments on the form. This makes me wonder how quickly people jump to conclusion about someone without understanding what other person is asking. I am not looking for someone to hold my hand throughout the process. I have read the checklist but I was looking for some additional information that I can include, or people have included which makes the process little easier. It was a very simple question to understand and here my form was filled with comments about my attitude and making me think that I can’t read. Again, thank you for posting this checklist. I will compare this with the “CHECKLIST PROVIDED” and go from there. And THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR HELPING ME. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't play the victim just because you got called out on your attitude.  Especially when we can quote exactly what you said:

11 hours ago, arwinder bhalla said:

Does anyone have I-130 Checklist which we need to attached while sending all the documents?

Of course, people would tell you to read the I-130 guide which actually contains a checklist.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.