Bengoj

How do people cope

68 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

This might be out of topic but not really. My question is, How often are us citizens visiting their spouse while going thru this whole process. I visit mines every 3 months or so but i think it may mess up my income as I have no joint sponsor at the time. Is every 3 months too much?  I know it depends on people’s financial situation but just wanted to see how everyone else is managing. I can’t stand to be away from my spouse for so long😩 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Gojo said:

This might be out of topic but not really. My question is, How often are us citizens visiting their spouse while going thru this whole process. I visit mines every 3 months or so but i think it may mess up my income as I have no joint sponsor at the time. Is every 3 months too much?  I know it depends on people’s financial situation but just wanted to see how everyone else is managing. I can’t stand to be away from my spouse for so long😩 

My now husband and I visited each other every 3-4 months, but we both had jobs that allowed us to take payed leave for several weeks at a time. If you don't have that it can be very difficult to see each other that often. 

I had a very hard time being away from him. I had support from my family, friends, co-workers, we face-timed every week and we kept in mind that once the visa was approved we could be together. Hope this will help a little, good luck with the visa process!

Timeline
1 minute ago, C90 said:

My now husband and I visited each other every 3-4 months, but we both had jobs that allowed us to take payed leave for several weeks at a time. If you don't have that it can be very difficult to see each other that often. 

I had a very hard time being away from him. I had support from my family, friends, co-workers, we face-timed every week and we kept in mind that once the visa was approved we could be together. Hope this will help a little, good luck with the visa process!

I see my husband every 3-4 months also.  I don’t have support, it’s all on us.  We video call everyday. Just wondering how often people travel to see their spouse, thanks for your response. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

So far we have done 3 visits, each 6 weeks apart. Three more visits planned before our CR1 interview (the tickets are booked).

Each visit lasts 7-10 days - helas, we both have obligations and cannot afford longer trips.

Yes, it is hard and frustrating to be separated for so long. 

We are on Whatsap (audio calls, voice messages and SMS) several times a day and on weekends we do video calls.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Gojo said:

I went to see my husband every 6-8 months sometimes for 2 weeks sometimes 3, but it was all on me also I have no problems in the support category it was finding a time when I could go to visit.

lucky for us all is over and he is here now.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i had 5 trips before the interview in 2015 but not that often 

but i spent a month to meet him and familyu

2 months to marry

1 month later for a honeymoon

3 months for Ramadan and 1st CR1 interview

and another 3 months before the 2nd CR1 interview

to add you only have to satisfy the meeting within 2 years before the interview rule

and please,  it must be expensive to travel so much to turkey

you can be together soon if u keep the needed income levels/don't mess that up

Timeline
24 minutes ago, portorusa said:

So far we have done 3 visits, each 6 weeks apart. Three more visits planned before our CR1 interview (the tickets are booked).

Each visit lasts 7-10 days - helas, we both have obligations and cannot afford longer trips.

Yes, it is hard and frustrating to be separated for so long. 

We are on Whatsap (audio calls, voice messages and SMS) several times a day and on weekends we do video calls.

Yes we do WhatsApp video and all that several times a day. I visit him every 3-4 months and my visits last about 3-4 weeks at a time. Leaving the country every 3-4 months for about a month each time is hard and I know my job is sick of me and my extensive time off. Can’t wait for this to be over

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Been to Ghana 3 times...Jan 2018 May 2018 and Dec 2018....try to go every 6 months...meanwhile everyday video calling and chatting that all we really can do at this point

Timeline
4 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

i had 5 trips before the interview in 2015 but not that often 

but i spent a month to meet him and familyu

2 months to marry

1 month later for a honeymoon

3 months for Ramadan and 1st CR1 interview

and another 3 months before the 2nd CR1 interview

to add you only have to satisfy the meeting within 2 years before the interview rule

and please,  it must be expensive to travel so much to turkey

you can be together soon if u keep the needed income levels/don't mess that up

So expensive. I go every 3-4 months and stay for about a month. I rent my place out for those weeks. Can’t wait for this to be over. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

Been to Ghana 3 times...Jan 2018 May 2018 and Dec 2018....try to go every 6 months...meanwhile everyday video calling and chatting that all we really can do at this point

I do all of that. I alternate between Nigeria and Turkey every 3 months. He’s from Nigeria but lives in Turkey. In 2018 alone, I went 4 times. It’s too much. This needs to be over with soon. Was just wondering if I’m the only one with this extensive travel😩

Edited by Gojo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Glad you made this thread. I couldn't help but shed some tears just earlier today. I miss my husband terribly and I hate that precious time we could spend building our life together is wasting away while we wait for this process to be over and done with. I've visited him 3 times (about every 3 months) and plan to go again for his interview...whenever that will be. It's definitely hard. I envy those whose foreign spouse is able to visit them in the US as well. Not all of us have that luxury. I just went on MapQuest....the NVC is literally an hour away from my house. I wish I could just drive there and get my case number! Instead I'm stuck waiting (just like everyone else, I know). Can't even call because they closed early yesterday due the snowstorm we had up north so their phone lines are completely tied up with backlogged calls.

sorry to complain...just needed to vent and no one in my real life can relate:cry:

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Apple Bee said:

Glad you made this thread. I couldn't help but shed some tears just earlier today. I miss my husband terribly and I hate that precious time we could spend building our life together is wasting away while we wait for this process to be over and done with. I've visited him 3 times (about every 3 months) and plan to go again for his interview...whenever that will be. It's definitely hard. I envy those whose foreign spouse is able to visit them in the US as well. Not all of us have that luxury. I just went on MapQuest....the NVC is literally an hour away from my house. I wish I could just drive there and get my case number! Instead I'm stuck waiting (just like everyone else, I know). Can't even call because they closed early yesterday due the snowstorm we had up north so their phone lines are completely tied up with backlogged calls.

sorry to complain...just needed to vent and no one in my real life can relate:cry:

I know. I fall into depression whenever I leave him. Was just wondering how other people were doing it. I see him every 3 months. Just came back from Turkey end of January and going again in May and again around interview time. Last year I visited him 4 times. It’s too much😢😢  At least your just waiting for interview. My pd is 10/9/18. Still got a long way to go. 

Edited by Gojo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I travel to the Philippines every 3 or 4 months from Dallas Friday to Friday to see my fiance. 24 hours of travel. It takes longer for my body to recover than the entire stay of the trip. :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, Commish10 said:

I travel to the Philippines every 3 or 4 months from Dallas Friday to Friday to see my fiance. 24 hours of travel. It takes longer for my body to recover than the entire stay of the trip. :)

I feel you. I alternate every 3 months to Nigeria and Turkey from Washington DC 😳 ...guess I’m not the only one on this crazy journey

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Gojo said:

I know. I fall into depression whenever I leave him. Was just wondering how other people were doing it. I see him every 3 months. Just came back from Turkey end of January and going again in May and again around interview time. Last year I visited him 4 times. It’s too much😢😢  At least your just waiting for interview. My pd is 10/9/18. Still got a long way to go. 

Yeah I get depressed too when I leave. I've been back home for 2 weeks and I'm still trying to get back into my regular routine.  I wish I could go stay with him in Morocco until he gets the visa but I need my stupid job....I'm not waiting for an interview yet we're still waiting for a case number. An interview for him is still probably 3-5 months away...

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.