Sarah22

help please

59 posts in this topic

You can be a green card holder and be a member of the armed forces so an ID card would not be proof of citizenship. Apologies if someone has already mentioned this....

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

1 hour ago, Sarah22 said:

so Id page is enough ? cuz we sending no BC just passport 

I copied ALL PAGES, blank or not.  From front outside cover to back outside cover.  Heck, it's only 5 cents per page.  We're talking about less than a buck here.  Copy the whole gosh darned thing.  It's easy and a lot cheaper than an RFE and a possible delay. For crying out load people...what some people won't do to save a few cents. Ever heard the phrase, "Penny wise, pound foolish?"  Well, that applies here.  David

1 minute ago, David & Zoila said:

I copied ALL PAGES, blank or not.  From front outside cover to back outside cover.  Heck, it's only 5 cents per page.  We're talking about less than a buck here.  Copy the whole gosh darned thing.  It's easy and a lot cheaper than an RFE and a possible delay. For crying out loud people...what some people won't do to save a few cents. Ever heard the phrase, "Penny wise, pound foolish?"  Well, that applies here.  David

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
47 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

I copied ALL PAGES, blank or not.  From front outside cover to back outside cover.  Heck, it's only 5 cents per page.  We're talking about less than a buck here.  Copy the whole gosh darned thing.  It's easy and a lot cheaper than an RFE and a possible delay. For crying out load people...what some people won't do to save a few cents. Ever heard the phrase, "Penny wise, pound foolish?"  Well, that applies here.  David

I agree 100/100 and idc about how much tbh i was just making sure no need for rfe no need lol 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

all he needs to do is go to clerk's office (civil status registrar) in the town he lives in

moroccans get new birth certifcates every time they have to do paperwork

like a  marriage or passport application.etc as when they apply the birth record is kept with the application that go to Rabat

an offical one will have a raised Postage size stamp

we have had to get several new birth cerificates over the process of our marriage and immigration process

Timeline
5 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

all he needs to do is go to clerk's office (civil status registrar) in the town he lives in

moroccans get new birth certifcates every time they have to do paperwork

like a  marriage or passport application.etc as when they apply the birth record is kept with the application that go to Rabat

an offical one will have a raised Postage size stamp

we have had to get several new birth cerificates over the process of our marriage and immigration process

No I'm the Moroccan fiance lol he lost his US birthcertificate and he cant get it any sonner but we will use his pass as everyone said thank you for the help

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

the USC can get a true birth certificate any time even apply online and pay a small fee to either the county  he was born in (some keep a record)

or the state 

if this is to apply for K1   it only takes a week to 10 days to get one in the mail

if he lives  in  county he was born in ,  he can walk into county clerks office and probably get one same day

then when u have the birth certificate,   send in the application

Timeline
5 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

the USC can get a true birth certificate any time even apply online and pay a small fee to either the county  he was born in (some keep a record)

or the state 

if this is to apply for K1   it only takes a week to 10 days to get one in the mail

if he lives  in  county he was born in ,  he can walk into county clerks office and probably get one same day

then when u have the birth certificate,   send in the application

yes He will do it but it says it will take over a month and we want to send our petition cuz we waited enough lol so we will just use his passport and apply for his BC for any future use ; thank you 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I only included my bio page from the passport and pages with exit and entry stamps and had no issues. I have a large book and would have wiped out a forest sending copies of every page. I have seen people do it both ways, but I was trying to keep the package reasonable in size. I did include a copy of my birth certificate also, though I only needed one or the other.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I don't know where you live or if it falls under the same rule, but here in PA if you are a veteran or a member of the US Armed Services, your local state rep. can get you a birth certificate at no cost and in about 3~5 days.

USCIS I-129F Petition:   image.png.5e26813a0fee6f4065ce829758e29731.png      

image.png.66176722dd07631b884c6730df9ff788.pngimage.png.63696e1e1440439256be59ac086d18bb.png

Dept of State K1 Visa:   image.png.9a78db6ac742a01a01d0b157963311c8.png       image.png.8b2371c75847cbfbc45e7dc896f8ba1f.pngimage.png.e0b583662f868174b3c52088da49263c.pngimage.png.7f70a1e5e353924875a93c2b082fbee0.png
USCIS I-485 Petition:   

image.png.465aaf5ca7c51799120b0fab7f99afe5.png

image.png.e0b583662f868174b3c52088da49263c.pngimage.png.7f70a1e5e353924875a93c2b082fbee0.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
19 hours ago, Sarah22 said:

please help . my fiance lost his birth certificate and he has just copy of front page  . can we use just all pages of his passport ??? instead we freaking out and don't want to get rfe please help 

For an I129-F, the petitioner submits a copy of his birth certificate, a copy of his naturalization certificate or a copy of his entire passport. The beneficiary doesn’t need to submit a copy of her birth certificate at this point.  A copy of the photo and signature pages of her passport suffice. 

In the usa, getting a certified copy of a birth certificate isn’t hard. 

For a K1 visa application/interview, the beneficiary provides a copy of her birth certificate, and a certified translation if needed.  If no birth certificate is available, the beneficiary provides the original statement her country’s vital records department or equivalent stating there was no record of birth and again and certified translation if needed.  

14 hours ago, Sarah22 said:

yes He will do it but it says it will take over a month and we want to send our petition cuz we waited enough lol so we will just use his passport and apply for his BC for any future use ; thank you 

It doesn't  take a month to get a us birth certificate.

DMV issues  birth certificate  on the spotm while  you wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
13 minutes ago, DESERT_ROSE said:

It doesn't  take a month to get a us birth certificate.

DMV issues  birth certificate  on the spotm while  you wait.

Correct. I needed my kids BCs for my N-400 and it took ten minutes.  Same with a divorce decree and marriage certificate. 

But you you need to be at the county office of the county where the event took place.  

If he is doing it by mail or onlne it can take two weeks. 

Edited by Mike E

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.