Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

We've been waiting 2 weeks for interviews to open up at the embassy (Ankara, Turkey). Soooooo frustrating. I can't find any information re. the holdup, other than the trial of a consular worker that just started (same guy whose arrest shut down all U.S.-Turkey traffic in 2017). UGH, politics. They won't answer the phone, either. 😫

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
5 hours ago, Thomas W said:

Alright Atya, Seoul finally received our packet! But we haven't been contacted yet. Did you have any luck with Canadian police certificate?

Hey! just to give you a heads up, my fiance was only contacted by email (Packet 3) no phone call was received.

She scheduled her interview prior to receiving the Packet 3 though.

Hopefully it helps!

08/30/2018 - Sent I-129F package via USPS

09/04/2018 - Picked up from Dallas Lockbox

09/08/2018 - Check cashed

09/10/2018 - Case number received via text/email

Old NOA1 - 08/31/2018

New NOA1 - 09/06/2018

NOA2 - 01/18/2019

01/24/2019 - Checked new website and see an approval!

02/06/2019 - NVC received our case. Pending Case #

02/11/2019 - Called NVC, Case # has been assigned.

04/09/2019 - K1 Interview/Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Just curious: How does the respective embassy know which email address to use to contact the beneficiary re: P3?

I submitted the email update request to NVC a few weeks ago, but not sure if that worked.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, DaughterOfAfrica said:

Just curious: How does the respective embassy know which email address to use to contact the beneficiary re: P3?

I submitted the email update request to NVC a few weeks ago, but not sure if that worked.

S. Korea embassy just contacted me (petitioner) instead of my fiancee for some reason.

They are so inconsistent with their procedure it's ridiculous.

08/30/2018 - Sent I-129F package via USPS

09/04/2018 - Picked up from Dallas Lockbox

09/08/2018 - Check cashed

09/10/2018 - Case number received via text/email

Old NOA1 - 08/31/2018

New NOA1 - 09/06/2018

NOA2 - 01/18/2019

01/24/2019 - Checked new website and see an approval!

02/06/2019 - NVC received our case. Pending Case #

02/11/2019 - Called NVC, Case # has been assigned.

04/09/2019 - K1 Interview/Approved!

Timeline
46 minutes ago, jayesel said:

S. Korea embassy just contacted me (petitioner) instead of my fiancee for some reason.

They are so inconsistent with their procedure it's ridiculous.

Thank you for sharing.

I'll wait to see if it shows up in my fiance's (beneficiary's) post mail box, but we would also like to communicate via email (we may try following up with an email inquiry within the next week or two). I have a copy of the P3 that Greenbaum provided which is very helpful. I'm just hoping it won't take forever to receive an official communaction from the embassy. We'll see!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Well, as an update, Kristina flew in Saturday evening, no problems. She received passport in hand Friday, flew in the next day. The flight was rough, it was her first ever, but all in all not too bad. Lots of tears on her part, but that's normal for her anytime she gets stressed. For anyone transferring in JFK, be aware that international to national flights must go through immigration, take their bags, take a train to another terminal, turn bags back in, then go back through security. make sure your non English speaking spouses are prepped well. Also, her immigration interview was conducted in English, even though she doesn't really speak it, but she made it through. They basically just asked her why she was here. She stated "to marry  Justin" while shaking and nervous, then they laughed, told her to calm down she was fine, then stamped her passport and she was on her way. Before the interview, they asked why she didn't speak English and she said "because I was stupid in school and I didn't pay attention enough" and they all laughed and the officer said "I appreciate your honesty". 

On another note, she arrived here raving about how amazing her travel through JFK was, stating "never in my life have I seen so many happy people everywhere, everyone in America is so happy. When I cried, 2 different grandma's came to me, one bought me water, I tried to pay her but she wouldn't take the money. everywhere I went everyone helped me so much without even asking. America is not like Ukraine, it's not like Europe, people here, they are nice, they help, they are happy to help you".  I'll let that reflect onto everyone here, because even though she really didn't know it, even before leaving she had already received help from dozens of Americans that she didn't even know, out of the kindness of their heart, so I thank each and every one of you for that, for all the help we received during this process. 

Thank you for your heartfelt  and moving account of your fiancée's experience. ❤️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
38 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Well, as an update, Kristina flew in Saturday evening, no problems. She received passport in hand Friday, flew in the next day. The flight was rough, it was her first ever, but all in all not too bad. Lots of tears on her part, but that's normal for her anytime she gets stressed. For anyone transferring in JFK, be aware that international to national flights must go through immigration, take their bags, take a train to another terminal, turn bags back in, then go back through security. make sure your non English speaking spouses are prepped well. Also, her immigration interview was conducted in English, even though she doesn't really speak it, but she made it through. They basically just asked her why she was here. She stated "to marry  Justin" while shaking and nervous, then they laughed, told her to calm down she was fine, then stamped her passport and she was on her way. Before the interview, they asked why she didn't speak English and she said "because I was stupid in school and I didn't pay attention enough" and they all laughed and the officer said "I appreciate your honesty". 

On another note, she arrived here raving about how amazing her travel through JFK was, stating "never in my life have I seen so many happy people everywhere, everyone in America is so happy. When I cried, 2 different grandma's came to me, one bought me water, I tried to pay her but she wouldn't take the money. everywhere I went everyone helped me so much without even asking. America is not like Ukraine, it's not like Europe, people here, they are nice, they help, they are happy to help you".  I'll let that reflect onto everyone here, because even though she really didn't know it, even before leaving she had already received help from dozens of Americans that she didn't even know, out of the kindness of their heart, so I thank each and every one of you for that, for all the help we received during this process. 

Wish you luck in all things man! Welcome to the good life 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Congratulations and many blessings to you both!  

6 hours ago, Etek&Ahududu said:

We've been waiting 2 weeks for interviews to open up at the embassy (Ankara, Turkey). Soooooo frustrating. I can't find any information re. the holdup, other than the trial of a consular worker that just started (same guy whose arrest shut down all U.S.-Turkey traffic in 2017). UGH, politics. They won't answer the phone, either. 😫

Even if you had an interview date like we did, it was canceled, in our case 11 days before her interview, due to "Staff shortages". Now we have been told to wait 4-5 WEEKS in order to find out when her interview will be. This has upset us a lot of course and I am currently in the process of getting help from my local Representative's office but I don't know if it will make a difference. They answered the phone and my email, which itself was pretty surprising. BTW all they will say on the phone in Ankara is that the visa department doesn't have a phone number and that you have to email them. Good luck to you two!

10 minutes ago, Vasfi said:

Even if you had an interview date like we did, it was canceled, in our case 11 days before her interview, due to "Staff shortages". Now we have been told to wait 4-5 WEEKS in order to find out when her interview will be. This has upset us a lot of course and I am currently in the process of getting help from my local Representative's office but I don't know if it will make a difference. They answered the phone and my email, which itself was pretty surprising. BTW all they will say on the phone in Ankara is that the visa department doesn't have a phone number and that you have to email them. Good luck to you two!

Don't expect too much from your congressional inquiry. Here is what I have read.

The Department of State’s Visa Office will field public inquiries in regards to long-pending checks

of over 90 days. However, due to security concerns, little information is usually forthcoming.

Contrary to popular belief, congressional offices are unable to help expedite visa issuance. The

Department of State considers security checks to be a matter of national security and is not willing

allow applicants to bypass the clearance process.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
10 hours ago, JMEngland said:

This made my morning! So happy for you guys, I wish you all the best, good luck on everything!! 

event.pngevent.png

Timeline
18 hours ago, Thomas W said:

Alright Atya, Seoul finally received our packet! But we haven't been contacted yet. Did you have any luck with Canadian police certificate?

Yeah, we are still in the process of getting that canadian police certificate hoping to get it done by end of this week. No packet from embassy yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.