Gojo

My timeline keeps changing estimated dates!!

25 posts in this topic

I check my timeline frequently and have been given different dates for estimate approved time. It keeps pushing the date forward. I’m at Texas service center filed October 2018. First it said April now May. Is this information accurate??🙄😩

VJ timeline estimates are based on the sample of posters who update their timelines.  As a result, as more and more people update them, the bigger and better sample is used for the algorithm. 

9 minutes ago, H&T said:

It not accurate...

On what do you base that answer?

Edited by missileman

"Experience can be a tough teacher to those who fail to heed good advice"- Missileman, 12/6/18

"Only a fool would fail to heed the advice of someone who has walked in his shoes"- Missileman, 2/8/19

"What I am to be, I am NOW becoming"- Benjamin Franklin

First career- 20 year Retired E-8, USAF Missileer,

Second career-Retired Registered Nurse, experience in Labor& Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent & Adult Psych

Third career-Retired IT Developer & Database Administrator for surgical services dept.

Immigration Journey:

• Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17

2 minutes ago, missileman said:

VJ timeline estimates are based on the sample of posters who update their timelines.  As a result, as more and more people update them, more m

On what do you base that answer?

Than that should mean it’s not accurate because people are not updating accurately at times

1 minute ago, Gojo said:

Than that should mean it’s not accurate because people are not updating accurately at times

It seems to me that as more and more people update their timelines, the more accurate it will be.......I would think that the later estimate would be more accurate........or am I missing something?

"Experience can be a tough teacher to those who fail to heed good advice"- Missileman, 12/6/18

"Only a fool would fail to heed the advice of someone who has walked in his shoes"- Missileman, 2/8/19

Second career-Retired Registered Nurse, experience in Labor& Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent & Adult Psych

Third career-Retired IT Developer & Database Administrator for surgical services dept.

Immigration Journey:

2 minutes ago, Gojo said:

Confirmed, it’s not accurate. Someone just got approved and on their timeline estimate, it gives them approval estimate of end of February 

Just now, Gojo said:

It still follows more or less a trend. It changes as the approval times change monthly so I would at least take it in consideration and not write it off as inaccurate. No data is 100% correct but based on the timelines I've seen it's been pretty precise. Mine started late March and now it's at mid February and sure enough September K1 filers are already getting approved.

Trips                 

Late 2017: Met online via Line app

5/16/18 - 5/26/18: 1st trip - Beirut

5/24/18: He proposed!

12/1/18 - 12/16/18: 2nd trip - Beirut

K1 Visa             

9/10/18: Petition sent

9/12/18: NOA1 old

9/17/18: NOA1 new

1/25/19: NOA2 paper

1/28/19: NOA2 new

Times on VJ are Estimates. So it means sometimes it takes longer, sometimes shorter. Don't forget it case-by-case, where someone with let's say common name, might take longer, versus a person with unusual name etc.

There are so many variables here, that only exact dates you know is NOA1, and everything else is an estimate.

That being said, there are people who don't finish their timelines, people who put wrong dates, people who forget to update timelines. the most accurate estimate i'd say is USCIS month's estimates. Between 7-9months (not sure how long is right now for K-1, just an example)

7 minutes ago, Gojo said:

Confirmed, it’s not accurate. Someone just got approved and on their timeline estimate, it gives them approval estimate of end of February 

Estimating approval dates is not an exact science since all case are somewhat different.  In general, the greater the sample size, the better the accuracy.

Immigration Journey:

I'd say avoid looking at estimates (to make yourself feel better) on VJ, and follow the USCIS one. Why?
Some people get approved extremely quick for no reason, that'll give you anxiety.

If you pass the estimate, it'll give you more anxiety (mine did pass VJ's by almost 2 week, while it was pushed back for another 2 . So 4 weeks)

I know it's nerve wrecking, start being interested only when you're close or on your "processing date" on USCIS site, then start gathering paperwork for next steps. Otherwise, my advice, refrain from checking it, and keep yourself busy. Been there, and i was trying to rationalize things, play out scenarios in my head as to why this guy got approved so soon, but he's same NOA1 date as me and such.

Cheers!

28 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

I'd say avoid looking at estimates (to make yourself feel better) on VJ, and follow the USCIS one. Why?
Some people get approved extremely quick for no reason, that'll give you anxiety.

If you pass the estimate, it'll give you more anxiety (mine did pass VJ's by almost 2 week, while it was pushed back for another 2 . So 4 weeks)

I know it's nerve wrecking, start being interested only when you're close or on your "processing date" on USCIS site, then start gathering paperwork for next steps. Otherwise, my advice, refrain from checking it, and keep yourself busy. Been there, and i was trying to rationalize things, play out scenarios in my head as to why this guy got approved so soon, but he's same NOA1 date as me and such.

Cheers!

Thank you!! I’m really anxious so you’re right I should just keep busy and forget about it. I’m following September 2018 filers but I filed in October 2018. Some September filers are already receiving their NOA2. So I just need to just chill and let it take its course. 

1 minute ago, Gojo said:

Thank you!! I’m really anxious so you’re right I should just keep busy and forget about it. I’m following September 2018 filers but I filed in October 2018. Some September filers are already receiving their NOA2. So I just need to just chill and let it take its course. 

Hang in there, you're close! Yeah, i was the same way, kept checking every day and then one person said the same thing i said to you "you can't change the processing time, looking at it more, wont push it faster, and you're just gonna drive yourself insane". I just literally sent out AoS paperwork, so i'm gonna start stressing out soon too lol

1 minute ago, PaulMac said:

Hang in there, you're close! Yeah, i was the same way, kept checking every day and then one person said the same thing i said to you "you can't change the processing time, looking at it more, wont push it faster, and you're just gonna drive yourself insane". I just literally sent out AoS paperwork, so i'm gonna start stressing out soon too lol

You will be fine!! And thanks for the info. Keep us posted. 

1 hour ago, Gojo said:

Feeling your pain on this, too!  :(  There's currently an overall trend of things taking longer, so that's why the estimated dates are getting pushed back.  It sucks, but it's trending to be across the board.  It may provide a little comfort to look at the graph of the processing stats to reassure you that it's not that there's anything wrong w/your paperwork, or that anything got lost, but that there's delays in general.  

Petitioner: USC | Applicant: B2 | (c)9 AOS (Marriage)

07/31/18: Filed I-130, I-130A

08/01/18: Delivered Potomac Processing Center

08/07/18: Text/Mail Notifications (for I-130)

08/14/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-130)

08/24/18: Mailed I-485, I-765, I-864

08/27/18: Delivered

08/31/18: Filed

09/04/18: Text Notifications (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/06/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/14/18: Biometrics letter rec'd

09/26/18: Biometrics appt completed

10/02/18: Ready for interview to be scheduled.

12/18/18: Form I-130 APPROVED!

01/27/19: EAD Approved and card being printed!

02/02/19: Combo card and SSN card arrived!

...Waiting....

4vrsm5.pngN3Zem6.png

3cPLm6.png