karen & shawn

Red flag? (merged)

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, SB5130 said:

:) it's another very short timeline. But two years after, we are very much together and happily married. 

Yes it is. Very inspiring and uplifting! Hope my. Fiance would find it helpful and could calm. Her ###. 😂😂😂 thank you

Timeline
5 hours ago, karen & shawn said:

My fiance is from the Philippines. We met March 2018 met it person May 2018 and filed July 2018. I visited her twice last year. She's very worried that she might be denied on the interview because of lots of scary stories about the denials like about the length of the relationship, the age gap thing. Can you please help us on this matter? Would it be better if I come with her on the interview because we have planned before to just pick her up. Thank you for reading and helping us here. 

Hi.. No need to worry.. US Consulates in Philippine USEM are very open minded as long as you prove to them that the relationship is real... No worries as long as you’re true, no matter how short the relationship is..

Speaking not from my experience (though i’m K1 visa too), my bestfriend also is a K1 visa, she was 30 years old and her US fiancé is 53 years old, with only a 5 minute interview according to her (her fiancé did not accompany her)... they just asked basic questions and asked for their photos together (vacations and engagement) then that’s it..visa approved, visa in hand in a week.. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, lovemeow said:

Hi.. No need to worry.. US Consulates in Philippine USEM are very open minded as long as you prove to them that the relationship is real... No worries as long as you’re true, no matter how short the relationship is..

Speaking not from my experience (though i’m K1 visa too), my bestfriend also is a K1 visa, she was 30 years old and her US fiancé is 53 years old, with only a 5 minute interview according to her (her fiancé did not accompany her)... they just asked basic questions and asked for their photos together (vacations and engagement) then that’s it..visa approved, visa in hand in a week.. 

This is such a good experience. Thank you. She couldn't sleep so as I do. 😂 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
14 hours ago, karen & shawn said:

What about our time? Like what you read I met her online March 2018 and Engaged when I visit her May. Would there be a problem with this? She's very anxious. Thank you. 

We met on thursday evening and got married on Saturday.  12 years and 2 kids ago.  You’re going to be fine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Your fiancee may have read the recent post about a K-1 denial where the younger Filipina fiancee was nervous and froze during her interview at the Manila embassy when asked a question, I think it was something about what did she have in common with her US petitioner.  There was also a big age difference and she was alone.  I think there was a language problem as well, in understanding the CO's questions.  So if she is nervous, be there with her at the interview as that might really help her to be more confident and calm.  Also, review Manila K-1 interview reviews here on VJ and review all of the likely questions she will get so that she doesn't freeze, so that she knows what to say in a confident manner.  If you talk all the time and know everything about each other, you should be fine.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 hours ago, EandH0904 said:

There were roughly 34,000 K1 visas issued last year. About 5500 from Philippines.  While they definitely issue the most K1s it's hardly half. 

Well I may have worded it wrong but they are the one country who issues the most K1 visa compared to the rest of the world. 

We were CR1, but 22 year gap (26 and 48)   

No issues. I did attend the interview. Got asked a couple questions then told me to have a seat. Wife was done in less than ten minutes. 

Going on six years now and all is great. 

Tell her don't worry. 

On 1/26/2019 at 10:48 PM, lovemeow said:

Agree. COs in USEM are very open minded. During my interview, the CO also asked for photos together. As mentioned, at that time, my husband and I had only two photos together and all taken at the same day. I explained that "we dated over PS4 games and movies. None of us remember to take a selfie on the couch". After that, the CO told me I was approved. 

I think it is important to maintain presence of mind and to remain calm during the interview. 

Edited by SB5130

Pinoy Ako! ^_^

We have a 27 year difference.  After a year we married on 4th trip.  

We did lots of practice questions.  She was very prepared.

Edited by Paul & Mary

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

We have a 27 year difference.  After a year we married on 4th trip.  

We did lots of practice questions.  She was very prepared.

So she did the interview herself? The same as us. 27 years age gap. 

1 hour ago, karen & shawn said:

So she did the interview herself? The same as us. 27 years age gap. 

So, short answer is no she wasn't alone. I went with her and I got asked questions too.  

Long answer - We were Third Country National DCF in CDMX.  There they don't allow the Petitioner in.  But she did the interview and they asked if I was there because the CO had some questions she could not answer about my finances.   I went back with her and did the interview.  Fortunately I was there because then the CO then said there was an issue with her police clearance for Mexico.  Which there was not.   

If you can be there, afford to be there, it will set her at ease.   Last April in Manila when she was getting ready to leave to join me in Mexico I was there with her too.  It was good to be there to help her wind up things like close her bank account, get her international driving permit and pack her things.   I left a few days before her because I had meetings in the states.  I took a bunch of her things with me and then picked her up in Tijuana.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

We met in March 2017 and were engaged in April 2017.  Love has no boundaries or timelines.  We are now married and are in the CR-1 process.  True love always finds a way.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

So, short answer is no she wasn't alone. I went with her and I got asked questions too.  

Long answer - We were Third Country National DCF in CDMX.  There they don't allow the Petitioner in.  But she did the interview and they asked if I was there because the CO had some questions she could not answer about my finances.   I went back with her and did the interview.  Fortunately I was there because then the CO then said there was an issue with her police clearance for Mexico.  Which there was not.   

If you can be there, afford to be there, it will set her at ease.   Last April in Manila when she was getting ready to leave to join me in Mexico I was there with her too.  It was good to be there to help her wind up things like close her bank account, get her international driving permit and pack her things.   I left a few days before her because I had meetings in the states.  I took a bunch of her things with me and then picked her up in Tijuana.

I seen your petition and it was spousal visa, right? Thank you. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

We met in March 2017 and were engaged in April 2017.  Love has no boundaries or timelines.  We are now married and are in the CR-1 process.  True love always finds a way.

We start chatting March 2018, visited last May 2018 and before I left I proposed to her and filed k1 visa by June. CR1 is spousal right? Thank you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.