karen & shawn

Red flag? (merged)

40 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, karen & shawn said:

I seen your petition and it was spousal visa, right? Thank you. 

Yes,  but the interviews are very very similar.   The most common issues are: is the beneficiary likely to become a public charge, is this a bonafide relationship?   They replace the word fiancee with spouse.  They still ask how did you meet, what does the petitioner do, where are you going to live etc?

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Paul & Mary said:

Yes,  but the interviews are very very similar.   The most common issues are: is the beneficiary likely to become a public charge, is this a bonafide relationship?   They replace the word fiancee with spouse.  They still ask how did you meet, what does the petitioner do, where are you going to live etc?

Thank you. Well said. 😊

17 minutes ago, karen & shawn said:

We start chatting March 2018, visited last May 2018 and before I left I proposed to her and filed k1 visa by June. CR1 is spousal right? Thank you. 

Yes, CR-1 is spousal.  Our K-1 was denied in AP at the end of April 2018.  We were married in early June 2018.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Yes, CR-1 is spousal.  Our K-1 was denied in AP at the end of April 2018.  We were married in early June 2018.

May I know the reason of denial? Thank you 

May I know the reason of denial? Thank you 

I followed the advice of RapidVisa and didn't disclose a 30 year old misdemeanor arrest where the charges were dropped and the arrest was expunged.  They told me that I didn't need to disclose it since all public records were destroyed.  They were wrong.  WE made it through a successful interview (passports were taken and IMBRA pamphlets were given) only to be refused a few days later in AP.  The reason was "petitioner failed to disclose information in the petition".  Live and learn.

We ended up getting married in Manila and it was amazing.  It was worth it to share that moment with Rose's family.  All in all, it was tough but we never once though about giving up.  Now out CR-1 only took 4 months for NOA2 so we are moving forward quickly.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I followed the advice of RapidVisa and didn't disclose a 30 year old misdemeanor arrest where the charges were dropped and the arrest was expunged.  They told me that I didn't need to disclose it since all public records were destroyed.  They were wrong.  WE made it through a successful interview (passports were taken and IMBRA pamphlets were given) only to be refused a few days later in AP.  The reason was "petitioner failed to disclose information in the petition".  Live and learn.

We ended up getting married in Manila and it was amazing.  It was worth it to share that moment with Rose's family.  All in all, it was tough but we never once though about giving up.  Now out CR-1 only took 4 months for NOA2 so we are moving forward quickly.

Tsk not a good story to hear the first part. But yes it is all worth it! You will do everything for your love your your life. How long did it take you for your k1 petition filed? 

8 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I followed the advice of RapidVisa and didn't disclose a 30 year old misdemeanor arrest where the charges were dropped and the arrest was expunged.  

a couple of curios questions if i may.... 
how did you know exactly what they were referring to? that is was about that arrest. 
are you saying it was totally expunged and yet they saw it somewhere? 

Tsk not a good story to hear the first part. But yes it is all worth it! You will do everything for your love your your life. How long did it take you for your k1 petition filed? 

We met in March and filed the K-1 in early June.  So less than 3 months from getting until we filed.  It took 9 months for NOA2 and the interview was a month later.  We were denied in April.  I went back for 3 days to file for the marriage license in May and returned early June to get married.  So I was there in April, May and June of 2018!  I also went back in September and December.  We have lots of pictures of lots of visits.

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, josandme said:

a couple of curios questions if i may.... 
how did you know exactly what they were referring to? that is was about that arrest. 
are you saying it was totally expunged and yet they saw it somewhere? 

Yes.  It was expunged from any PUBLIC record but the Feds NEVER take anything out of the Federal Crime Database.  Every time you are mentioned in a police report and even any time your plates are run it is in the database forever.  I learned that after the denial.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.