453 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, GabLuc said:

Hi i filed for my husband jan 11 2019. We got approval April 8 and case was sent to nvc April 15. 

He lives in Trinidad and our processing center is Potomac. YSC.. 

Congratulations 👏👏👏🎉🎉🎉. We’re same filed date but we haven’t heard from them yet.Potomac is really the best SC.Hope I can see more approval on Texas Service Center. Good luck everyone 🙏❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Texas we are waiting

PD: 8th January 2019

NOA1: 10th January 2019

NOA 2 .....waiting

TEXAS CENTRE

Edited by Philbelle

20 hours ago, GabLuc said:

Hi i filed for my husband jan 11 2019. We got approval April 8 and case was sent to nvc April 15. 

He lives in Trinidad and our processing center is Potomac. YSC.. 

Congratulations!

But this got me really confused, I don't quite understand how processing times work? according to USCIS Processing Times page, Potomac Service center as of this date is working on the papers of June 07 of 2018. 

I don't understand how you got your NOA2 in almost 3 months? I think that other people in this thread whose service center is potomac have also got their NOA2. 

Too bad me and other people have texas as our SC. I've heard that they are slow. 

- January 18: Documents delivered to Chicago Lockbox

-January 22: Case Submitted

-January 23: Last Update

-January 28: NOA1 arrived on the mail. 

1 hour ago, Cayacoa said:

Congratulations!

But this got me really confused, I don't quite understand how processing times work? according to USCIS Processing Times page, Potomac Service center as of this date is working on the papers of June 07 of 2018. 

I don't understand how you got your NOA2 in almost 3 months? I think that other people in this thread whose service center is potomac have also got their NOA2. 

Too bad me and other people have texas as our SC. I've heard that they are slow. 

If they posted the truth you know the flood of calls they would get. There's no law the times posted need to be current.  They have been approving Jan 28 petitions lately. Maybe this week they will venture into the February petitions. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

4 hours ago, JMPM said:

If they posted the truth you know the flood of calls they would get. There's no law the times posted need to be current.  They have been approving Jan 28 petitions lately. Maybe this week they will venture into the February petitions. 

I've thought the same thing. BTW, which service center are you talking about? Potomac or Texas?

- January 18: Documents delivered to Chicago Lockbox

-January 22: Case Submitted

-January 23: Last Update

-January 28: NOA1 arrived on the mail. 

7 hours ago, Cayacoa said:

I've thought the same thing. BTW, which service center are you talking about? Potomac or Texas?

Potomac. If they truthfully updated their times for being 3-4 months. Texas and Nebraska fillers will be outraged. You know the 10000s of others that aren't aware but they check the USCIS websites

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
30 minutes ago, JMPM said:

Potomac. If they truthfully updated their times for being 3-4 months. Texas and Nebraska fillers will be outraged. You know the 10000s of others that aren't aware but they check the USCIS websites

Yes, we (Nebraska) already are outraged and have an independent thread going on the subject for our service center. We've been escalating via local senators to report the issue in large volume and they (service center) said they are "working on caseload rebalancing" throughout....but surely it will take FOREVER for them to fix the problem!! Think happy thoughts for all of us stuck in the bad lands of Nebraska! 😂

9 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

Yes, we (Nebraska) already are outraged and have an independent thread going on the subject for our service center. We've been escalating via local senators to report the issue in large volume and they (service center) said they are "working on caseload rebalancing" throughout....but surely it will take FOREVER for them to fix the problem!! Think happy thoughts for all of us stuck in the bad lands of Nebraska! 😂

Yes I know. I encouraged others to rise up and reach out to the representatives about the slow process. I'm not sure how many have really done so. I know people are fearful. I'm no stranger demanding action from local / state govt but federal is harder since the ones that are hurting are spread far apart. And it's a shame that a user fee driven agency doesn't have proper procedures to process things efficiently. And who knows what other shady word of mouth policies are happening.  

If they want to run inefficient they shouldn't collect fees. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 minutes ago, JMPM said:

Yes I know. I encouraged others to rise up and reach out to the representatives about the slow process. I'm not sure how many have really done so. I know people are fearful. I'm no stranger demanding action from local / state govt but federal is harder since the ones that are hurting are spread far apart. And it's a shame that a user fee driven agency doesn't have proper procedures to process things efficiently. And who knows what other shady word of mouth policies are happening.  

If they want to run inefficient they shouldn't collect fees. 

I thought your user name looked familiar ha ha! I've had a great response from my senator office and they are pursuing the caseload rebalancing and looking into my specific case. I'm praying it makes a difference for many beyond myself!!

On 4/21/2019 at 1:38 AM, SteBen said:

Congratulations 👏👏👏🎉🎉🎉. We’re same filed date but we haven’t heard from them yet.Potomac is really the best SC.Hope I can see more approval on Texas Service Center. Good luck everyone 🙏❤️

Thank you, fingers crossed you will get your NOA2 soon.

On 1/3/2019 at 2:11 PM, twoworldsonelove said:

USC Filing for my husband who is Colombian.

Mailed: Dec 28th

Tracked Delivery on Dec 31st

Payment processed via CC Form G-1450: 01/03/2019

NOA1 & Service Center: Pending

Welcome all January Filers and good luck!!

-Lisa

Are you still waiting for noa1?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
34 minutes ago, GabLuc said:

Are you still waiting for noa1?

No, this was very early on in the process. I've already recieved my NOA1 & NOA2. 

1 hour ago, JJED2010 said:

My I-130 was approved 25 April 2019. Received the approval notice in the mail today

My  husband 130 approval came  April 12. Called nvc today they got my husband case april 22.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.