Sarge2155

January 2019 I-129F (K1) Filers

740 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/14/2019 at 7:54 PM, Greenbaum said:

Welcome to the thread. From this point on it is will be a long process about 5-7 months. In the mean time can you please complete your profile. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Thank you so much!!! I appreciate the advice!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just had a quick question. On the I-129F form, there's a section that asks for "Address In The United States Where Your Beneficiary Intends To Live". 

We, of course, put my current residence, which is my mother's home where I currently reside. Therefore, before he moves here, I am going to move out and get an apartment just for us.

Would I/he file a change of address when I actually secure the new apartment? (Should be about 2-3 months before he actually comes here, during the 6 month visa validity period.) Or should we wait until he lands?

Just wondering WHEN we need to file the change of address? Within 10 days of him landing? Before he comes here?

Thanks, guys!

** This is all assuming everything goes smoothly and we get an approval, of course! :)

Edited by Camlynn
Clarity

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Congrats to you Jan/19 filers! This is MONTH 1 for you. This waiting WILL test you and your relationship with your loved one , trust me on that. But when your fiancé is here with you all the waiting was worth it. That my friends is the reward for enduring the long wait.

I'm a Aug/17 filer and my fiancé JUST got here this past week. Based on my case If your fiancé applies for the visa in a country not her home country be prepared for Administrative processing as they will have to background check for every country she/he has lived in for 6 months or longer and will need police clearances for each. We were in AP for 8 months after the interview because my fiancé is from the Philippines but lived and worked in Taiwan which is why you see the Taiwan flag in my profile since that was the embassy that processed her K1. 

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Realistically , 7-8 months for noa2 , 1 month for NVC case number, read somewhere nvc is taking 1-2 months to issue case numbers now but back when my case was at nvc it was only 2 days,  then 1-2 months for interview.  so 9 months on the short side with no RFE's and the longest 12 months if no AP.

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

5 hours ago, MandW said:

Realistically , 7-8 months for noa2 , 1 month for NVC case number, read somewhere nvc is taking 1-2 months to issue case numbers now but back when my case was at nvc it was only 2 days,  then 1-2 months for interview.  so 9 months on the short side with no RFE's and the longest 12 months if no AP.

Case by case basis yes, I'm approaching  9 months  now since  NOA1 no rfe! It is not a very pleasant wait.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

5 hours ago, MandW said:

Congrats to you Jan/19 filers! This is MONTH 1 for you. This waiting WILL test you and your relationship with your loved one , trust me on that. But when your fiancé is here with you all the waiting was worth it. That my friends is the reward for enduring the long wait.

I'm a Aug/17 filer and my fiancé JUST got here this past week. Based on my case If your fiancé applies for the visa in a country not her home country be prepared for Administrative processing as they will have to background check for every country she/he has lived in for 6 months or longer and will need police clearances for each. We were in AP for 8 months after the interview because my fiancé is from the Philippines but lived and worked in Taiwan which is why you see the Taiwan flag in my profile since that was the embassy that processed her K1. 

I'm  sure it was not  a pleasant  wait for you but you did what you had to do, I applaud that and I'm trying to do the same.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

40 minutes ago, lilek.k said:

The waiting time is a real test of patience 🙄. Hopefully in 52 days I will travel to my fiance and I'm sooo excited. It will help a bit with the expectation 🙂 

Yes I'm  sure that will help have a good time!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Sent my package on the 18th. Just arrived in dallas today but hasn't been dropped off yet.

I'm hoping it'll get approved, this wait is already killing me!!

47 minutes ago, Islandlifer said:

Sent my package on the 18th. Just arrived in dallas today but hasn't been dropped off yet.

Well brace yourself. Your looking at 5-6 months before and approval will come your way. Your mileage may vary.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Islandlifer said:

Visiting during the process can do a lot to help relieve the stress of waiting (unfortunately we could only manage this once) if you've got the budget and vacation time to do it. The trip we took in October (about halfway through, as it turned out) was really good for us.

At least neither of you need visas to visit each other's country and there are multiple direct flights every day from Honolulu to Tokyo (and also direct flights to several other cities in Japan).

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Visiting during the process can do a lot to help relieve the stress of waiting (unfortunately we could only manage this once) if you've got the budget and vacation time to do it. The trip we took in October (about halfway through, as it turned out) was really good for us.

At least neither of you need visas to visit each other's country and there are multiple direct flights every day from Honolulu to Tokyo (and also direct flights to several other cities in Japan).

Exactly. I'm planning to visit Osaka with my fiancè sometime since tickets are relatively inexpensive. 

Seeing each other is the best thing a couple can do during this wait. 

5 hours ago, Islandlifer said:

Relax and congratulations on submitting your application, you'll be fine. We all have one thing in common....the waiting!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

Look on the bright side everyone January is just about over and you already have a month under your belts, it'll go relatively quick just relax keep faith in your relationships and keep your love alive.

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.