dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2019

612 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I got cc! Thank God! 🙌🏽😅 Can anyone tell me how long the next step takes? 

For anyone with a similar timeline, I resubmitted a document on December18th, and I was waiting for that one document to be approved. 

Good luck everyone! 💕

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Chepe&joa said:

I got cc! Thank God! 🙌🏽😅 Can anyone tell me how long the next step takes? 

For anyone with a similar timeline, I resubmitted a document on December18th, and I was waiting for that one document to be approved. 

Good luck everyone! 💕

Could you please share your timeline? did you get your cc today? depending on the country, u should get IL in 2-3 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, rimon said:

Could you please share your timeline? did you get your cc today? depending on the country, u should get IL in 2-3 weeks.

7 minutes ago, rimon said:

Yes, I got it today. 

NOA2: Oct 11

Case number received: Nov 27

Uploaded all docs: Dec 7th

All docs except for one accepted: Dec 18th

Resubmitted: Dec 18th

CC: Jan 7

Is IL the interview date? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Chepe&joa said:

Yes, I got it today. 

NOA2: Oct 11

Case number received: Nov 27

Uploaded all docs: Dec 7th

All docs except for one accepted: Dec 18th

Resubmitted: Dec 18th

CC: Jan 7

Is IL the interview date? 

yes and thanks for sharing 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, G502 said:

Does this mean case closed?

292EF1C0-4F04-4D53-A19F-98B96CB67113.jpeg

Yes. After You submit all documents and if you still see this screen it usually means case closed. Did you get any email from NVC that it will wok with your consulate to schedule interview then YES its cloed. However, Still call NVC they can answer much better. 

March 6, 2018: i-130 petition filed.

March 14, 2018: i-130 Petition received. (8 days)

October 15, 2018: i-130 Petition approved. (7 months, 1 day)

October 17, 2018: Case sent to NVC. (2 days)

October 25, 2018: Case received at NVC. (8 days)

December 4, 2018: NVC case# Generated. (1 month, 9 days)

December 5, 2018: Fee paid online. (1 day)

December 7, 2018: DS-261 submitted online and Other documents e-mailed. (2 days)

December 20, 2018: Case closed. (13 days)

January 8, 2019: Interview Scheduled. (19 days)

February 26, 2019: Interview. (49 days) ....Pending....

Hello-

I've been give advice from many people here to call NVC each week to check on a case number and invoice, but my question is-- does that help get a case number?  I ask mainly because I truly don't know much about how this process works.  There is always a long wait/ hold for NVC so it's hard to call often with school/ work.  How does calling benefit the case and getting your numbers?  I just want to understand.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Shan2019 said:

Yes. After You submit all documents and if you still see this screen it usually means case closed. Did you get any email from NVC that it will wok with your consulate to schedule interview then YES its cloed. However, Still call NVC they can answer much better. 

Called to verify they are reviewing one more document don’t know how long it will take 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
50 minutes ago, KAK09004 said:

Hello-

I've been give advice from many people here to call NVC each week to check on a case number and invoice, but my question is-- does that help get a case number?  I ask mainly because I truly don't know much about how this process works.  There is always a long wait/ hold for NVC so it's hard to call often with school/ work.  How does calling benefit the case and getting your numbers?  I just want to understand.

Thanks!

Its either early in morning like 0800 EST. I tried it, Had to wait like 2-3 min or like late night like 2300 EST.

March 6, 2018: i-130 petition filed.

March 14, 2018: i-130 Petition received. (8 days)

October 15, 2018: i-130 Petition approved. (7 months, 1 day)

October 17, 2018: Case sent to NVC. (2 days)

October 25, 2018: Case received at NVC. (8 days)

December 4, 2018: NVC case# Generated. (1 month, 9 days)

December 5, 2018: Fee paid online. (1 day)

December 7, 2018: DS-261 submitted online and Other documents e-mailed. (2 days)

December 20, 2018: Case closed. (13 days)

January 8, 2019: Interview Scheduled. (19 days)

February 26, 2019: Interview. (49 days) ....Pending....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, G502 said:

Called to verify they are reviewing one more document don’t know how long it will take 

Exactly. It’s been taking a while. As far as I saw they’re checking the resubmitted documents cases from dec 18/19

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/7/2019 at 8:42 PM, KAK09004 said:

Hello-

Thanks!

It doesn't help--it takes as long as it takes--but you'll know about it sooner if you're calling every day. I called every week but I got the email with both case numbers at like 6 weeks 3 days--3 days after I had called and they said it hadn't been created yet and to wait 8 weeks. In my opinion calling and dealing with the long hold times isn't worth the max of a few days you're going to get ahead. It's probably going to take around 7 weeks so tuck in for another wait!

Edited by Ashhh

CR1 via Montreal Consulate

Chicago Dropbox

USCIS Texas Service Center

NOA1: 4/13/2018

NOA2: 10/19/2018

NVC Received: 11/5/2018

NVC Case # Created: 12/20/2018

AOS & IV packages submitted via CEAC: 1/6/2019

Rejected document resubmitted: 1/16/2019

NVC Case Complete: 1/30/2019

Interview (Montreal): 3/22/2019 (Approved)

Passport returned: 3/27/2019

POE (Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls): 3/28/2019

Green Card Received: 4/13/2019

We submitted all of our documents on the Dec. 27th.  Got a message last night that I864 was not dated.  Corrected and re-sent.  Hopefully, we will get a case closed in the next few days.  Kicking myself for stupid mistake.

On 1/5/2019 at 3:34 PM, N & Nancy said:

Sorting through the timelines, the most recent NVC case number I can see among VJ members was generated 12/27 (received 11/8). It almost seems like they have stopped generating numbers....

My NVC receive date is 11/21.

Has anyone here received a case number after 12/27?

My NVC receive date is also 11/21.

I called NVC to inquiry about the case number, and they told me that we will have our case number by next Wednesday the latest.

I was afraid that they would say that the time estimate was affected by holiday seasons or government shutdown, but they are firm with the 8 weeks time frame.

10 minutes ago, Geisinger said:

My NVC receive date is also 11/21.

I called NVC to inquiry about the case number, and they told me that we will have our case number by next Wednesday the latest.

I was afraid that they would say that the time estimate was affected by holiday seasons or government shutdown, but they are firm with the 8 weeks time frame.

Yep, hopefully we'll see the numbers next week. Too bad, a few weeks ago the numbers were being issued in 4-5 weeks from reciept. Luck of the draw with the holidays and all. 

I still feel lucky my I received my NOA2 in less than 200 days!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.