dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2019

612 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, NickBo said:

Hi all,

Does anyone know how long it roughly takes to get the interview letter after case has been completed by NVC? Our case has been 'approved/completed' by NVC on Dec 18th and now waiting.

Thank you for any of your responses

All depends on the Consulate of the Applicants Country. You may view VisaJourneys Spread sheet and see how much time it took for others:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtbvTEwLyHz1dEhlZjdKczRMRmJrSnc5MTk1SkVrYVE&usp=sharing#gid=0

March 6, 2018: i-130 petition filed.

March 14, 2018: i-130 Petition received. (8 days)

October 15, 2018: i-130 Petition approved. (7 months, 1 day)

October 17, 2018: Case sent to NVC. (2 days)

October 25, 2018: Case received at NVC. (8 days)

December 4, 2018: NVC case# Generated. (1 month, 9 days)

December 5, 2018: Fee paid online. (1 day)

December 7, 2018: DS-261 submitted online and Other documents e-mailed. (2 days)

December 20, 2018: Case closed. (13 days)

January 8, 2019: Interview Scheduled. (19 days)

February 26, 2019: Interview. (49 days) ....Pending....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Are there any 11/2018  nvc received applicants still waiting for a case # from nvc

I'm December but trying to figure out if can be one the lucky few who gets their's early 😆

Filed: Timeline
17 hours ago, Mr & Mrs said:

Anyone get their case numbers ?seventh week for me ,still nothing

That is not cool so much time to wait just for case number. Just wait for one more week since that's their max time for case number which is actually unfair, even the USCIS approval notice implies that one should be getting their case number within 30 days.

If you don't get your case number in 8 weeks call and talk to a supervisor.  

1 minute ago, sarav said:

That is not cool so much time to wait just for case number. Just wait for one more week since that's their max time for case number which is actually unfair, even the USCIS approval notice implies that one should be getting their case number within 30 days.

If you don't get your case number in 8 weeks call and talk to a supervisor.  

Yes , i don't know what happened .They have been very quiet from past 2-3 weeks ,i wonder if government shutdown have affected their work circulation.

Filed: Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs said:

Yes , i don't know what happened .They have been very quiet from past 2-3 weeks ,i wonder if government shutdown have affected their work circulation.

Immigration laws of our country needs so much improvement. Its sad we have to pause our lives for so long just to be with our loved ones, unable to do our responsibilities.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs said:

I'm just seeing ur post about the 7th week thing. I'm sorry to hear. Have you tried calling them? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mr & Mrs said:

No they are not effected yet. They will continue working as long as they have sufficient funds. Slowness could be due to Holiday season. Don’t worry. You should call them ask for supervisor. And let us know what they say about your situation.  

December 7, 2018: DS-261 submitted online and Other documents e-mailed. (2 days)

2 hours ago, Shan2019 said:

No they are not effected yet. They will continue working as long as they have sufficient funds. Slowness could be due to Holiday season. Don’t worry. You should call them ask for supervisor. And let us know what they say about your situation.  

Lets wait 8 weeks and then will start calling (hopefully will receive something sooner in email) otherwise they keep making me listen their same old same message.

Timeline
1 hour ago, polar2018 said:

Sent all documents by FedEx today. How long will NVC take to review paper based documents?

Upon receiving your mail/ email it takes avg 12-14 days. Mine took 13. 

So i finally called NVC and they gave me same repeatedly answer of 8 weeks ,so i was like its my 7th week so i would be expecting anything by next week and she was like no on next to next week by jan 16 .i was like that will be go into 9th week then she was like no 16 nov to 16 jan are 8 weeks ,every month have 4 weeks .i was like not really every month has 7×4=28 plus 2 or 3 extra days so 2 days from nov and 3 days from dec already make like 5 days extra and she was like no sir 16 nov to 16 jan going to be 8 weeks .Hahah i didnt understand her logic of mathematics,she was like no by 16 jan will make 8 weeks,i was like no that going to be 9th week and i was in my mind really where she went school,NVC really need to educate their people....😂😂😂😂😂

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline
9 hours ago, Marie85 said:

Are there any 11/2018  nvc received applicants still waiting for a case # from nvc

I'm December but trying to figure out if can be one the lucky few who gets their's early 😆

NVC received my case November 21st and I am still awaiting Case number

11 hours ago, Marie85 said:

NVC received our case November 20th and still no case number.

Looking at other people's timelines it seems recently it's only been taking four weeks for a lot of people so I don't understand why it's slowed so much but I guess all we can do is wait.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.