Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Marcela Palomino said:

Now that you guys are talking about flights and POE, I was checking routings today and looks like I can enter through Florida, Houston  and LAX. Which one is the smoothest? None of those look easy, lots of inmigrants going through them

Are any of those reasonable for your fiancé(e) to pick you up there, or are you going to have to connect on to another flight regardless?

I wouldn't worry too much about which POE if it's the latter.  Just take the flight that works the best for you and make sure to allot enough time to get through customs and immigration and get your bags if you're connecting to another flight.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are flying from Manila directly into DFW with a layover in Korea.

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Marcela Palomino said:

The soonest at my embassy was April 3rd, I felt comfortable with it. 

Yeah we would schedule it out and we might have to anyway, but we did it this way because there's a place we really want him to go to and it has to be April 14th. Before this, our original plan was for May before my birthday.

1 hour ago, Prizm123 said:

i would guess Ft Lauderdale as it seems to be one of the main PoE

when i came back through LAX, it was fairly straightforward, although there were a lot of people. I am going to see if I can get her a flight straight from London Gatwick to Austin TX so i can drive there to pick her up , although Houston would be a good choice as its probably not as busy as LAX or Ft Lauderdale. I have read that Ft Lauderdale is kind of bad actually so I am trying to avoid it as well as Atlanta

Houston is a good choice! There's really cheap flights to there. I'm taking a few hours of leave to drive there and pick him up. Originally I thought of him catching a flight from Houston here but he will be tired I'm sure and lost lol so we will set it up for a Friday (April 12 hopefully) and stay a day or two in Houston and be back by Monday.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/25/2019 at 10:14 AM, celie&joseph said:

You're right, she did mention that. Regardless, I'm not gonna continue on about it. I've given them my advice and you've given them yours.

In your scenario, its highly possible their case will sit at the embassy for about a month because hes deployed and cant submit to her his affidavit of support on scheduled time and in mine she might have to come about a month sooner without him being here so it's all a gamble and it's up to them what they want to do.

You mentioned earlier in the thread you tried expediting multiple times and were told they arent expediting due to deployments so if that's the case then theres nothing to worry about and this discussion is a moot point. They wont lose anything by applying for it and getting denied. Their timeline will continue the same. But if they do get approved and it does help them in some way, that's great. So may the chips fall where they may.

Thank you so much guys for the information, I really appreciate both of your opinions and suggestions. Maybe we will get our NOA2 by May or June, I just hope that we don't have any RFE. We also thought about expediting our papers but he was very worried that I will be alone for 6 to 7 months because of his deployment. Btw we also got an option on how will I get his affidavit of support. 🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
11 hours ago, itsjustcassiee said:

Okay so even if I book it through one airline's website, he'll have to go through that process in Boston, not when he reaches his final destination. 

Can he fly through Dublin? You clear customs in Dublin airport before you step foot on a plane, its makes the process easier when its done first and you dont need to spend god knows how long on a flight worrying about clearing immigration when you land!

Edited by Loo1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
7 hours ago, boris64 said:

Visa in hand! Closer every day)

Yeah, HUGE congrats.......saw on ur timeline 213 days for NOA2.   So yeah, you guys are going to be celebrating big time.   Well deserved !!!!    When ya heading over?   Are you finding the one way from Phils to US insanely expensive compared to the RT for you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Wow.. Now people here are already talking about poe.. 

Medical mar 12

Interview mar 27

Praying praying praying 

We plan that our poe is the final destination, we dont want to risk not being able to get on the connecting flight.. 

(L)Our Timeline(L)

2015 Nov 03 - met online app (Skout)

2016 Jan 18 - became couple officially

2017 Sep 15 - met for the first time in person (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 03 - met for the 2nd time (USA to Singapore - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 08 - got engaged 

2018 Sep 01 - met for the 3rd time (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2019 May 31 - 4th meeting :goofy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K1 Visa Timeline:

2018 Aug 22 - I129f sent (DIY)

2018 Aug 29 - NOA1

worries before approval:

1) submitted 1 statement/letter of intent both signed by the pet/ben

2) petitioner's accidentally/stupidly committed DWI after i129f submission

2019 Jan 16 - NOA2 (140 days from Noa1 - No RFE)

2019 Feb 06 - case received by NVC (21 days from Noa2)

2019 Feb 08 - case number received

2019 Feb 19 - left NVC

2019 Feb 25 - case received by SG consulate

2019 Feb 28 - Packet 3 received

2019 Mar 04 - Packet 3 sent back to SG consulate

2019 Mar 07 - Packet 4 received (interview schedule)

2019 Mar 12 - Medical (additional vaccine on 19 Mar)

2019 Mar 27 - Interview (221g, medical results pending)

2019 Mar 27 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 27 - Clinic sent medical results to Embassy

2019 Mar 28 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 29 - Application Received

2019 Apr 01 - Issued

2019 Apr 04 - VOH

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline
5 hours ago, Loo1 said:

Can he fly through Dublin? You clear customs in Dublin airport before you step foot on a plane, its makes the process easier when its done first and you dont need to spend god knows how long on a flight worrying about clearing immigration when you land!

It's so much more expensive to do it that way and it's kinda in the opposite direction. 

Timeline
59 minutes ago, ourjourney_pc said:

Wow.. Now people here are already talking about poe.. 

Medical mar 12

Interview mar 27

Praying praying praying 

We plan that our poe is the final destination, we dont want to risk not being able to get on the connecting flight.. 

Unfortunately from Iceland, the only option is a connecting flight. There aren't any airlines from Iceland that fly directly to his destination. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, itsjustcassiee said:

It's so much more expensive to do it that way and it's kinda in the opposite direction. 

totally had a blonde moment and forgot about that! are you finding that its way more expensive to book a one way compared to a return flight? 

Timeline
Just now, Loo1 said:

totally had a blonde moment and forgot about that! are you finding that its way more expensive to book a one way compared to a return flight? 

We haven't actually looked at a round trip, but I see where you're going. It might be cheaper to book a round trip and just stay here versus paying for a one way ticket. 

Timeline
Just now, itsjustcassiee said:

We haven't actually looked at a round trip, but I see where you're going. It might be cheaper to book a round trip and just stay here versus paying for a one way ticket. 

A one way for me is almost double the price of a return. Chattanooga can be expensive anyway but such a difference blows my mind 😕 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.