Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Savanna0501 said:

I just called USCIS to ask when my case was actually shipped out and they said it was January 28th. My receipt date notice is January 25th so who knows if that’s even true😩 i feel like every person i talk to tells me something different 

And good thing is that they told me today that nvc dont have tier 2 when i asked for a transfer 🙄😂😂😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Savanna0501 said:

I just called USCIS to ask when my case was actually shipped out and they said it was January 28th. My receipt date notice is January 25th so who knows if that’s even true😩 i feel like every person i talk to tells me something different 

35 minutes ago, clw654321 said:

You’re right. Problem to me is the tier 1 from NVC and USCIS says it is shipped the day it is approved. That is not correct.

Yep, somewhere along the line, Greenbaum did allude to the wasted effort of calling the USCIS for status.   I think we all simply needed to prove it to ourselves.   I have to admit, they have always been exceptionally polite as they made up the various answers.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Barker Family said:

INTERVIEW APPROVED!!! The questions were her age, my age, how many times I visit her, if I enjoy the Philippines, asked what my work is, asked my address, and asked where we plan to get married. She didn’t ask for any documents. Interview was less than 5 minutes.

NOA2 to visa approval......one month.   Outstanding !!      Congrats.

I not confident we'll see NVC receipt in one month of NOA2.    

Edited by DanielPlainview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Barker Family said:

INTERVIEW APPROVED!!! The questions were her age, my age, how many times I visit her, if I enjoy the Philippines, asked what my work is, asked my address, and asked where we plan to get married. She didn’t ask for any documents. Interview was less than 5 minutes.

Your process went quick! Was there a reason (military) or just lucky?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, clw654321 said:

Your process went quick! Was there a reason (military) or just lucky?

Being military doesn't speed anything up. I've noticed some people just get super lucky with USCIS to NVC times. For some people it's 10 days, for some it's going on a month and still hasn't been sent. For petitions I can understand differences in timelines due to different backgrounds and stuff, but at this stage we're all the same, so I don't get it. 🤔🤔🤔

Timeline

Just pull some stats off the Timeline search.    K1, NOA2 date of 1-17 to 1-19.   Looks like a lot of us in the same boat.

2nd NOA Received by NVC
1/17/2019 2/7/2019
1/17/2019 2/6/2019
1/17/2019  
1/17/2019  
1/17/2019  
1/17/2019  
1/17/2019  
1/17/2019  
1/18/2019 2/12/2019
1/18/2019 2/8/2019
1/18/2019 2/6/2019
1/18/2019  
1/18/2019  
1/18/2019  
1/18/2019  
1/18/2019  
1/18/2019  
1/18/2019  
1/18/2019  
1/18/2019  
1/18/2019  
1/18/2019  
1/18/2019  
1/18/2019  
1/18/2019  
1/18/2019  
1/18/2019  
1/18/2019  
1/19/2019 1/29/2019
1/19/2019  
1/19/2019  
1/19/2019  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 minutes ago, DanielPlainview said:

For NOA2 receipt of 1-17 to 1-19, 18% reported an NVC receipt on their timeline.   

For NOA2 receipt of 1-8 to 1-16, 53% reported NVC receipt on their timeline.

Yea, just wake me up in two weeks... It sucks, literally nothing that anybody can do but wait. Just another stage of the waiting game, brought to us by USCIS..

I've noticed lots of media pressure on USCIS delays lately, but even if something does get done about it, our spouses will probably already be in the states, maybe even already done with AOS..

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Yea, just wake me up in two weeks... It sucks, literally nothing that anybody can do but wait. Just another stage of the waiting game, brought to us by USCIS..

I've noticed lots of media pressure on USCIS delays lately, but even if something does get done about it, our spouses will probably already be in the states, maybe even already done with AOS..

50 billion dollar budgets each for Homeland and State.   Isn't that about $300/citizen annually to run them?  (But only 50% pay taxes, so.......).   

Maybe they're too busy with the folks who don't want to hassle with all these procedures.   :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

i havent even tried calling NVC yet. i did update the emails and aside from the obligatory we have not received your petition yet that we both got, i am not really sweating this part. the hard part for me i think is passed.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, JMEngland said:

Being military doesn't speed anything up. I've noticed some people just get super lucky with USCIS to NVC times. For some people it's 10 days, for some it's going on a month and still hasn't been sent. For petitions I can understand differences in timelines due to different backgrounds and stuff, but at this stage we're all the same, so I don't get it. 🤔🤔🤔

Yeah, I'm retired Army (Combat Medic) and I front loaded my DD 214 and other military stuff and it didn't help my case whatsoever, lol

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, Barker Family said:

Congrats

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.