2,003 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, LoRo said:

Hi! I am in San Francisco as well and my extension letter expired on august 14th. On August 27th I called them and told them that I needed to travel for work outside USA and they scheduled an appointment as soon as the next day at 9am at Sansome street office and got 1 year extension stamp on my passport. Hope this helps and good luck! 

Thank You LoRo for the helpful Information.

My 18month letter expired few days ago and I did absolutely nothing about it. Keep moving on with my life...

Edited by ilovepho
1/12/2019: 90- ROC filing window open
1/17/2019: Mail I-751 Package via USPS Certified Mail 
1/22/2019: Package arrived
1/28/2019: Receive case number via text message  #WACxxxxxxxxxx
2/21/2019: Call USCIS for non-delivery notice receipt
2/29/2019: Receive 18-month extension letter (2 pages)
4/30/2019: Biometric Appt
...waiting...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, ilovepho said:

My 18month letter expired few days ago and I did absolutely nothing about it. Keep moving on with my life...

I hear you.  One person that filed in Jan 2020 already got their new green card im October 2020.   Go figure... 

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-10-17, Approved!:D

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

Married:                      2018-1-8

SS Card Received:     2018-1-16

SS Application Sent(Name Change):  2018-1-17

AOS Application Sent:   2018-2-8

SS Card Received (Name Change):     2018-2-12

AOS Application Delivered:      2018-2-13

AOS Application Accepted:     2018-2-22

AOS NOA1 Received:       2018-2-26

AOS/EAP Biometrics NOA Received:   2018-3-2

AOS/EAP Biometrics Appointment:  2018-3-12

Interview Scheduled:       2018-7-6  

EAP/AP Card Received:    2018-7-19

Original interview Date :2018-8-24  (USCIS Rescheduled due to Hurricane):cry:

Rescheduled Interview Date :2018-10-2, Approved!!  :D

GC Received :             2018-10-18 :thumbs:

SS Card Update :         2018-10-19

SS Card Received:      2018-10-26

ROC

ROC Application Sent via FedEx:  2020-7-2

ROC Application Received :2020-7-6

Rec'ed Text, Case # Assigned : 2020-7-11

Check Cashed: 2020-7-13

NOA Received: 2020-7-22

Case Transferred : 2021-11-10

Biometrics Applied:. 2021-5-12😄

ROC Interview passed: : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400

Eligible to file for US Citizenship : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400 filed online : 2021-12-1🥳

Biometrics reused

Passed Interview  : 2022-4-27🥳

event.png

My partner’s 18 month extension letter just expired Monday, we called USCIS 2 weeks ago to get an ipass appointment since she is now considered outside normal processing time (gee, ya think?!). She had waited at the DMV (Chicago) for 1.5 hours only to be told she can’t get a driver’s license with no valid visa... thankfully got an ipass appointment for this Monday and they gave her a 6 month passport stamp. This should work for a license (which will expire in 6 months...awesome) and leaving the country, if necessary.  Be aware that they DO take your green card at an ipass appointment since it’s basically invalid/expired. Maybe SOME day, someone will be able to schedule our appointment which has been “ready to schedule” since April 2019, biometrics done and no RFE. It’s all infuriating. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Karen&Marile said:

My partner’s 18 month extension letter just expired Monday, we called USCIS 2 weeks ago to get an ipass appointment since she is now considered outside normal processing time (gee, ya think?!). She had waited at the DMV (Chicago) for 1.5 hours only to be told she can’t get a driver’s license with no valid visa... thankfully got an ipass appointment for this Monday and they gave her a 6 month passport stamp. This should work for a license (which will expire in 6 months...awesome) and leaving the country, if necessary.  Be aware that they DO take your green card at an ipass appointment since it’s basically invalid/expired. Maybe SOME day, someone will be able to schedule our appointment which has been “ready to schedule” since April 2019, biometrics done and no RFE. It’s all infuriating. 

I had my infopass for stamp in the middle of September and they wanted to take my expired green card too but i said that I will not go anywhere without my green card cuz i must show it on my upcoming N400 (November 12 :) :) :) finally I cannot believe) interview. So officer let me keep my green card with me. 

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Today uscis updated processing times. They slowed down again....

On 10/8/2020 at 9:50 AM, Cryssiekins said:

I had my interview this morning (it was a combined 751/400).  

The 751 one part started okay.  He asked basic questions of me and of my husband to confirm the info on our application.  Then he was like “let’s see your updated documents”.  Cool.  I handed him updated banking statements for checking, saving, and a credit card.  He went through each one and made sure all the months were there.  

I showed the originals for our car titles.  I have updated car and health insurance documents.  

And I gave an updated IRS tax transcript and certified copy of the state return.  I did NOT have the most recent ones (2019) because I thought I could obtain both federal and state through online portals.  I was wrong, and while I did send paper requests, I didn’t receive them back in time.  He did NOT like this, and it was an uncomfortable 2 minutes while I was shaking and holding back tears and my husband was rubbing my leg trying to soothe me.  So my advice, if you don’t have the official documents, bring something, anything, that shows you filed. I’m so mad at myself for not even printing out the return and w2’s.  

Anyway, after that, it was a few more questions about why we don’t have utility bills together (I mean, I cannot get Verizon or the electric company to add a second name), about trips out of the country, and our family visiting schedule, and then that was that. 

At the end he approved the filing, so I’m chalking his attitude up to the fact that that’s his job is to press and see how people react.  

Also got approved for my n400, and due to covid, they did a same day oath ceremony.  Told me it would be “30 minutes” and it was 3 hours, but hey, I’M DONE!! 

When it is a combine interview for n400, did you have to go through civic test (related to 100 questions about the US)?

...waiting...

Dumb question of the day: What is the phone number I can use to call USCIS for InfoPass? 

I went here and I dont see any phone number. https://www.uscis.gov/contactcenter

In addition, what happened if after 6 months of passport stamp and I still dont hear anything?

Thank you 

...waiting...

We scheduled an infopass by calling (and waiting 45 minutes): 1-800-375-5283.  They can only schedule someone to call you back to set up an infopass appt.  Mind you, we waited a week for this scheduler to call and when he did, he said, 'Oh wait you're in Chicago? I can't schedule infopass appts for Chicago, I'm in L.A.".  I almost lost it on this guy.  Luckily someone appropriate called back the next day and scheduled for 2 weeks out.  Got the 6 month stamp last week.  Apparently, if that expires, you can keep calling to get additional stamps.  Let's hope that's not necessary and they just schedule an interview already!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/19/2020 at 1:19 PM, ilovepho said:

When it is a combine interview for n400, did you have to go through civic test (related to 100 questions about the US)?

Yes.  My husband and I sat together at the desk for the i751 part, and then when that was done, he was told to sit behind me.  

For the N400, the IO went through the application, and asked all those yes or no questions.  Then had me sign the application.  For the test part, it was on a tablet.  They put up a sentence (it’s a question - mine was “What state has the most people?”) and you have to read it aloud.  And for the writing part, the IO gives you the answer to the question I read, and you write that down on the tablet (I wrote “California is the state with the most people.”)  

For the civics part, the questions are randomly generated on the computer, and the IO reads them, you have to provide the answer (it’s not multiple choice), and they select you answer.  You only need 6/10 correct, so he only asked me 6 in total. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Got my interview appointment, November 2nd, less than two weeks to prepare! I was so hoping to get a combo interview, but I guess I wouldn't be so lucky. This was after I sent a Outside normal processing time query about two weeks ago. 

Feeling really stressed to be honest, so little time to prepare. 

Met: June 2004

Face-to-Face 1st time: June 2010

I moved to the US: August 2015

Spoiler

K-1

07/19/14 Sent I-129F

07/29/14 NOA1 (According to USCIS Status Check)

08/06/14 NOA1 Hardcopy 

08/22/14 Officially engaged with a ring, haha!

10/30/14 NOA2

12/01/14 Packet 3

01/19/15 Physical Exam

03/09/15 Interview & Approved

LAX 08/09/15 POE

Spoiler

AOS

09/07/2015 Married 

10/16/15 AOS/EAD/AP sent

11/17/15 Biometrics

01/08/2016 EAD/AP received 

07/05/16 SR: "USCIS anticipates delay"

One year anniversary from application...

10/21/16 EAD/AP renewal

11/03/16 SR: no response. Congresswoman SR 10/27/16, Application is in Florida (!?)

11/18/16 walk-in 11/09/16 EAD Biometrics

11/10/16 RFE: Expired I-693 Medical exam and vaccinations (day 391)

11/17/16 RFE response: (1-day priority with signature, delivered but signature waived)

Tier 2 SR: 12/21/16´-- "Case pending decision" (Los Angeles Office should not have responded, file is not with them)

01/13/2017 Infopass:  -- "You probably have nothing to worry about. Your case is in Arizona. Previous SR wrongly responded, new SR to the right office."

01/17/17 InfoPass SR: -- "Pending. We expect decision or other notice in 45 days." Congresswoman's office confirms RFE response has been received.

01/27/17  GC Approved (amid Tr$mp EO chaos)

02/03/17 Card in hand (445 days, non-complicated case (no previous visas, no overstay, no divorces, not high fraud country, no co-sponsor. Just unlucky.))

ROC

01/07/19 Sent I-751

01/11/19 Text notification for case received with receipt #

03/26/19 Received NOA/GC 18-month Extension letter

05/03/19 Biometrics

Timeline
11 hours ago, Ninahi said:

Got my interview appointment, November 2nd, less than two weeks to prepare! I was so hoping to get a combo interview, but I guess I wouldn't be so lucky. This was after I sent a Outside normal processing time query about two weeks ago. 

Feeling really stressed to be honest, so little time to prepare. 

Is it appointment only for I751 interview? If so, yes, more likely it will not be combo with N400(

Has your I751 been transferred to NBC
anyway, congrats! At least some movement.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi folks, so we had our I-751 interview 5 days ago. I also have N-400 interview next week. In the beginning of the interview I told IO that we have N400 scheduled as well for the coming days. He didn't really care about my N400. The interview was ok. My GC expires in 3 days. Because of the excitement I forgot to tell them my GC would be expiring soon. In the end of the interview they didn't give us any paper or any decision, they said they would let us know. The case status hasn't changed since then. Has anyone experienced this kind of situation? Do I need to worry? When should I expect to hear from them about the interview?

WAC Filer
01/30/2019 Applied for I751

05/03/2019 I751 Biometrics done

10/25/2019 I751 was transferred 

10/29/2019 I751 was transferred 

01/30/2020 Applied for N400 Electronically

02/14/2020 I751 was transferred to NBC 

02/18/2020 N400 Biometrics done 

02/28/2020 I751 interview scheduled
03/31/2020 I751 interview canceled 
04/01/2020 I751 interview ready to be scheduled
07/23/2020 I751 was transferred

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sick and tired of this waiting game. My I-751 was considered outside normal processing times on Sept 7, so I filed a request. They promised a reply by the end of the month, and I never got one. Called back and was put through to a Tier 2 officer. She filed another request on my behalf and said I should get a reply by October 20. Still silence.

No movement on either of my cases... I-751 since Jan 2019, and N-400 since Jan 2020. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
6 hours ago, KatieL said:

Sick and tired of this waiting game. My I-751 was considered outside normal processing times on Sept 7, so I filed a request. They promised a reply by the end of the month, and I never got one. Called back and was put through to a Tier 2 officer. She filed another request on my behalf and said I should get a reply by October 20. Still silence.

No movement on either of my cases... I-751 since Jan 2019, and N-400 since Jan 2020. 

how did you even able to speak with real person on USCIS customer service no? I tried to speak with representatives, but computer voice recorder kept on asking if there is anything we can do to help your case, tried many times to say representatives and system would disconnect the call by saying sorry we can not help you. Last month, I had no problem in speaking with representatives but look like USCIS have changed the system. I'm wondering what route did you take to speak with a real person?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, Charming12 said:

how did you even able to speak with real person on USCIS customer service no? I tried to speak with representatives, but computer voice recorder kept on asking if there is anything we can do to help your case, tried many times to say representatives and system would disconnect the call by saying sorry we can not help you. Last month, I had no problem in speaking with representatives but look like USCIS have changed the system. I'm wondering what route did you take to speak with a real person?

I think you’re right - I had NO issue when I called in September, so they probably realized it was so simple that they had to go make it impossible again :( 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.