2,003 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Finally some movement for us!! :thumbs:

Received an email notification that the case was updated, checked online and got this: Request for Additional Evidence Was Sent.

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

K-1 & K-2 Process (Completed in 4 mos. 8 days)

1/19/16: I-129F Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight

4/1/16: NOA2 Approval :dancing:

5/17/16: Interview :star: - APPROVED :dance:

5/25/16 Visas in hand! :thumbs: 

8/5/16: Wedding (L)

AOS/EAD/AP Process, K-1 & K-2 (Completed in 4 mos. 15 days)

9/21/16: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

10/24/16: AOS Cases (I-864) RFIE recv'd hardcopy [Day 29]

12/23/16: AOS Case Status Updates - Interview Scheduled, text recv'd [Day 94] :dancing:

1/17/17: EAD/AP Combo Card recv'd via USPS Priority Mail [Day 119]

1/27/17: AOS Interview :star: - APPROVED!! :dance:  [Day 129 / 120 w/ 9day RFIE delay]

1/27/17: AOS Case status update - Approved | 1/31/17: New Card in Production | 2/1/17: Card Was Mailed

2/4/17: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:

ROC Process, Spouse & 2 Step-Sons (Completed in 23 mos. 22 days)

1/25/19: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

1/29/19: NOA notice date, text & email recv'd, routed to CSC

2/1/19: NOA 18mo. Extension Letter arrived in the mail, for wife only [Day 7]

3/13/19: Filed SR for non-receipt of NOA for I-751A dependents [Day 48] | 3/21/19: Recv'd NOA for 2 stepsons [Day 56]

4/29/19: Biometrics (Scheduled) Appt Completed [Day 95]

8/28/20: Case Status Update - RFE [Day 582 ~ 19 mos. 4 days] | 11/20/20: Case Status Update - RFE response recv'd [Day 666 ~ 21 mos. 27 days]

1/7/21: Case Status Update - New Card in Production :dance: [Day 714 ~ 23 mos. 14 days] 

1/15/21: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:[Day 722 ~ 23 mos. 22 days]

All done for now! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Not sure what to do with my case? I'm kinda helpless and frustrated as to whats going with my pending I751 and N400. So apparently my local field office wont schedule my N400 untill they received file from NBC that has been stuck there since Feb 2020. Last month after I involved my congressman/senator to intervene on my I751 case that has already been outside normal processing time and upon their request, NBC responded to them that although the I751 file is still at NBC but the scheduling of my i751 interview is within the jurisdiction of local field office and that once the local field office schedule interview, NBC will then forward the file to local field office but local field office Case officer stated otherwise! Officer also mentioned that they have requested NBC to send them a my I751 file but their request was decline for unknown reason.

I need your guys advise as to what should I do with my case? Should I involve USCIS ombudsmen to help expedite my I751 case? Would that help?  

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Charming12 said:

Not sure what to do with my case? I'm kinda helpless and frustrated as to whats going with my pending I751 and N400. So apparently my local field office wont schedule my N400 untill they received file from NBC that has been stuck there since Feb 2020. Last month after I involved my congressman/senator to intervene on my I751 case that has already been outside normal processing time and upon their request, NBC responded to them that although the I751 file is still at NBC but the scheduling of my i751 interview is within the jurisdiction of local field office and that once the local field office schedule interview, NBC will then forward the file to local field office but local field office Case officer stated otherwise! Officer also mentioned that they have requested NBC to send them a my I751 file but their request was decline for unknown reason.

I need your guys advise as to what should I do with my case? Should I involve USCIS ombudsmen to help expedite my I751 case? Would that help?  

Hi. Has your I751 been transferred to NBC? If so, that means that they combined your cases (n400 and i751). After that it does not matter whatever your i751 is outside the Normal processing time, they will reply - oh, but your I751 is not at our office anymore, you N400 is still within normal processing time, i751 goes with it, so just wait. 

I am waiting my combo interview to be scheduled too. I751- January 2019. N400 -January 2020. 
I don’t think that anybody can force USCIS to start actually WORK. That is why I am patiently waiting. Wish you the best, hope you will hear something soon. Good luck! 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, MariaR323 said:

Received an email notification that the case was updated, checked online and got this: Request for Additional Evidence Was Sent.

Finally an update! Happy for you! I am in shock from USCIS activity. Easy cases without red flags they review around 2 years now.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, Linda999 said:
1 hour ago, MariaR323 said:

Finally an update! Happy for you! I am in shock from USCIS activity. Easy cases without red flags they review around 2 years now.....

Agree, maybe they just leave these cases on the back-burner since there's no sense of urgency on their part I guess. However, with this COVID situation, an expired extension letter and not being able to get a passport stamp we did start having that uncomfortable feeling without any solid, hard proof of status in our hands.

I'm just glad we got some movement and I'll start preparing another full blown packet of what we originally sent plus all new and updated docs.

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

K-1 & K-2 Process (Completed in 4 mos. 8 days)

1/19/16: I-129F Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight

4/1/16: NOA2 Approval :dancing:

5/17/16: Interview :star: - APPROVED :dance:

5/25/16 Visas in hand! :thumbs: 

8/5/16: Wedding (L)

AOS/EAD/AP Process, K-1 & K-2 (Completed in 4 mos. 15 days)

9/21/16: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

10/24/16: AOS Cases (I-864) RFIE recv'd hardcopy [Day 29]

12/23/16: AOS Case Status Updates - Interview Scheduled, text recv'd [Day 94] :dancing:

1/17/17: EAD/AP Combo Card recv'd via USPS Priority Mail [Day 119]

1/27/17: AOS Interview :star: - APPROVED!! :dance:  [Day 129 / 120 w/ 9day RFIE delay]

1/27/17: AOS Case status update - Approved | 1/31/17: New Card in Production | 2/1/17: Card Was Mailed

2/4/17: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:

ROC Process, Spouse & 2 Step-Sons (Completed in 23 mos. 22 days)

1/25/19: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

1/29/19: NOA notice date, text & email recv'd, routed to CSC

2/1/19: NOA 18mo. Extension Letter arrived in the mail, for wife only [Day 7]

3/13/19: Filed SR for non-receipt of NOA for I-751A dependents [Day 48] | 3/21/19: Recv'd NOA for 2 stepsons [Day 56]

4/29/19: Biometrics (Scheduled) Appt Completed [Day 95]

8/28/20: Case Status Update - RFE [Day 582 ~ 19 mos. 4 days] | 11/20/20: Case Status Update - RFE response recv'd [Day 666 ~ 21 mos. 27 days]

1/7/21: Case Status Update - New Card in Production :dance: [Day 714 ~ 23 mos. 14 days] 

1/15/21: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:[Day 722 ~ 23 mos. 22 days]

All done for now! :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Linda999 said:

Hi. Has your I751 been transferred to NBC? If so, that means that they combined your cases (n400 and i751). After that it does not matter whatever your i751 is outside the Normal processing time, they will reply - oh, but your I751 is not at our office anymore, you N400 is still within normal processing time, i751 goes with it, so just wait. 

I am waiting my combo interview to be scheduled too. I751- January 2019. N400 -January 2020. 
I don’t think that anybody can force USCIS to start actually WORK. That is why I am patiently waiting. Wish you the best, hope you will hear something soon. Good luck! 

but then why did they decline request for file from local field office? This is what pisses me off!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Charming12 said:

but then why did they decline request for file from local field office? This is what pisses me off!

What local office are you assigned to? Can you share your timeline, please.

Also, i would recomend to you not to believe to everyone and everything what uscis representatives tell you by the phone. They do not know anything and most of the time - say absolutely wrong things. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Charming12 said:

Hello there, I’m in the same situation as you are. I just got my N-400 interview scheduled for next month. This is what happened to my cases. I-751 was transferred to NBC after I filled for N-400 and stayed there till today. My appointment is on Sep 29. A month ago I called them that my I-751 is outside of normal time and they initiated a request that has not been assigned to any officer for processing. What I gained is that my N-409 is driving these two cases. I called ISCIS today and they said the interview is only for N-400. I immediately called Congressman office to my case officer there. He called the USCIS and called me back. NBC told him that the local office will be requesting my I-751 prior to the N-400 interview that is in a month time and they will be sending the package to local office and YES it will be combo interview. He called me immediately to tell me all this. It looks like your N-400 is driving both of you cases that is a good thing in my opinion because they are working fast to complete theses cases. I follow the processing times frequently and it takes anywhere between 9-11 months to get the interview in average.

Timeline
7 hours ago, MariaR323 said:

That’s a good news, it means they are working on it. I hope they will keep doing so and process it for interview or approval after you submit documentation addressing RFE

Timeline
9 hours ago, Nathpuria said:

Hello there, I’m in the same situation as you are. I just got my N-400 interview scheduled for next month. This is what happened to my cases. I-751 was transferred to NBC after I filled for N-400 and stayed there till today. My appointment is on Sep 29. A month ago I called them that my I-751 is outside of normal time and they initiated a request that has not been assigned to any officer for processing. What I gained is that my N-409 is driving these two cases. I called ISCIS today and they said the interview is only for N-400. I immediately called Congressman office to my case officer there. He called the USCIS and called me back. NBC told him that the local office will be requesting my I-751 prior to the N-400 interview that is in a month time and they will be sending the package to local office and YES it will be combo interview. He called me immediately to tell me all this. It looks like your N-400 is driving both of you cases that is a good thing in my opinion because they are working fast to complete theses cases. I follow the processing times frequently and it takes anywhere between 9-11 months to get the interview in average.

I'm glad that your case is finally moving what actually pisses me off why did the NBC declined request from Albany field office to send them a I751 file? Did they lost my file or what? Something does not make any sense to me at all?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Charming12 said:

I'm glad that your case is finally moving what actually pisses me off why did the NBC declined request from Albany field office to send them a I751 file? Did they lost my file or what? Something does not make any sense to me at all?

I have submitted service request twice for the same reason and first one got answer after 6 months of submission and second one never Got  assigned to any officer for processing. As I have mentioned my I-751 got transferred after I File N-400 to NBC previously it was with Nebraska. So as others have mentioned , your N-400 interview will move it to your local office. Otherwise I have heard many things from many USCIS reps and it’s always some new excuse. I hope your N-409 will get schedule For interview soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Finally it got to the point when I could submit an outside normal processing times request! Just sent the request, expecting a reply by September 29 (that's what USCIS said). They will probably say it will be adjudicated with N-400, which is not very helpful, as N-400 processing times are out of control. Still, I can't just do nothing, so here we go.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

With my wife's extension letter set to expire next month in October, we finally received a NOA letter on August 29. The letter informed us of a scheduled interview date of October 18 for the removal of conditions on residence.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
16 minutes ago, RanKan said:

With my wife's extension letter set to expire next month in October, we finally received a NOA letter on August 29. The letter informed us of a scheduled interview date of October 18 for the removal of conditions on residence.

October 8

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, KatieL said:

Finally it got to the point when I could submit an outside normal processing times request! Just sent the request, expecting a reply by September 29 (that's what USCIS said). They will probably say it will be adjudicated with N-400, which is not very helpful, as N-400 processing times are out of control. Still, I can't just do nothing, so here we go.

Maybe. All I've ever gotten from an outside of normal processing request was for them to tell me where my case is- which office has it- and that they are waiting to schedule an interview. Nothing I didn't already know. Hopefully you get more info. 

Good news I guess is that you probably won't need to wait until Sept 29. I always get a response by the next day. 

Edited by Thegirl

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.