Sonea

Gun Deaths in America reach a new high per CDC

39 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

were is a past tense werd

To a degree, but the decisions of the past are impacting the present. If the situation could have been avoided, we would see the US homicide rate drop from the mid to high 4 /100k to 2 /100k or less which is around where Canada is. Thats the elephant in the room.

Edited by Sonea

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Why would they pass a bill to look in to it at all? Passing bills are for passing laws not initiatives or studies.

The NRA has consistently blocked funding of research into gun related deaths.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

1 hour ago, jg121783 said:

Your right. Even tabloids tell the truth occasionally unlike CNN. I guess CNN is useful for information if you know how to process it. Just take everything they say and assume the oppisite is true.

CNN is far more reliable then Fox News. Fox News has much more of a history at posting fake news. Of course it's Mango's Propaganda Channel!

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Filed: Timeline
31 minutes ago, refugee said:

Does the NRA also prevent the CDC from tabulating all the other millions of deaths in the USA?  Or just the gun-related ones.

An on that line of thinking, HOW does the NRA prevent the CDC from tracking things?  Do they have a certain number of secret agents within the CDC that steer the way for them?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, refugee said:

i wasn't aware the NRA had federal budget powers.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

i wasn't aware the NRA had federal budget powers.

Federal limits on both research into gun violence and the release of data about guns used in crimes are powerful reminders of the lobbying group's advantages over gun control activists. For decades, the NRA pushed legislation that stifled the study and spread of information about the causes of gun violence.

Last month, Congress passed a spending bill that included language giving the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention the authority to resume gun-related studies, but some researchers are skeptical anything will change without funding. The Democrats wrote that part of the bill in order to reverse the Dickey Amendment of 1996, which many believe virtually halted all research on gun violence.

The legislation didn't explicitly ban gun research, but funding cuts reduced it by 90 percent, according to Dr. Mark Rosenberg, the former director of the CDC's National Center for Injury Prevention and Control. The NRA was motivated to support the amendment after a landmark 1993 study that concluded that having a gun in the home was more dangerous than not having one.

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/05/599773911/how-the-nra-worked-to-stifle-gun-violence-research

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

1 hour ago, JimandChristy said:

CNN is far more reliable then Fox News. Fox News has much more of a history at posting fake news. Of course it's Mango's Propaganda Channel!

CNN is about 1-3% truthful (a broken clock is right twice a day) and Fox news is about 30-40% truthful. The rest is tabloid nonsense on both networks. Fox does have an edge on CNN in the truth department but neither are reliable. If I had to list all the mainstream networks in order from least to most truthful CNN would be first on the list and Fox would be last with all the other networks somewhere in between.  At the end of the day that is irrelevant because they are all liars most of the time.

1 hour ago, Satisfied said:

Does the NRA also prevent the CDC from tabulating all the other millions of deaths in the USA?  Or just the gun-related ones.

An on that line of thinking, HOW does the NRA prevent the CDC from tracking things?  Do they have a certain number of secret agents within the CDC that steer the way for them?

A conspiracy run by a shadow government called the NRA. Time to break out the tin foil hats and watch out for the black helicopters.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Filed: Timeline
55 minutes ago, refugee said:

Federal limits on both research into gun violence and the release of data about guns used in crimes are powerful reminders of the lobbying group's advantages over gun control activists. For decades, the NRA pushed legislation that stifled the study and spread of information about the causes of gun violence.

Last month, Congress passed a spending bill that included language giving the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention the authority to resume gun-related studies, but some researchers are skeptical anything will change without funding. The Democrats wrote that part of the bill in order to reverse the Dickey Amendment of 1996, which many believe virtually halted all research on gun violence.

The legislation didn't explicitly ban gun research, but funding cuts reduced it by 90 percent, according to Dr. Mark Rosenberg, the former director of the CDC's National Center for Injury Prevention and Control. The NRA was motivated to support the amendment after a landmark 1993 study that concluded that having a gun in the home was more dangerous than not having one.

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/05/599773911/how-the-nra-worked-to-stifle-gun-violence-research

The amendment, which was first tucked into an appropriations bill signed into law by President Bill Clintonstipulates that "none of the funds made available for injury prevention and control at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention may be used to advocate or promote gun control." A similar provision was includedin the Appropriations Act of 2012.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I did not know it existed.  But in reality, I think it is a poor interpretation.  The restriction is from promoting gun control, not from studying gun violence.

Edited by Satisfied

16 hours ago, Sonea said:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/health/gun-deaths-highest-40-years-cdc/index.html

So gun deaths are at a new high apparently. But a little digging reveals why.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/06/07/u-s-suicide-rates-rise-sharply-across-the-country-new-report-shows/?utm_term=.901c4dc3191a

Suicide rates have really been spiking. A little more digging reveals why.

https://desertcoverecovery.com/blog/suicide-and-opioid-addiction-linked-epidemics-dual-diagnosis-treatment/

The opioid epidemic has spiked suicides which in term has increased gun suicides.

Would be nice if CNN had done their due diligence and dug a bit deeper rather than publish propaganda.

That is why they have been called Fake News, Which is pretty funny in itself.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
16 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Don't you know that according to @JimandChristy the NRA controls the Mango Mussolini, so he and his supported is forcing the CDC from looking to gun violence. 

Gosh it is a Right Wing Conspiracy don't you know.

Don't forget the NRA is controlled by Putin now.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
18 hours ago, Sonea said:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/health/gun-deaths-highest-40-years-cdc/index.html

So gun deaths are at a new high apparently. But a little digging reveals why.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/06/07/u-s-suicide-rates-rise-sharply-across-the-country-new-report-shows/?utm_term=.901c4dc3191a

Suicide rates have really been spiking. A little more digging reveals why.

https://desertcoverecovery.com/blog/suicide-and-opioid-addiction-linked-epidemics-dual-diagnosis-treatment/

The opioid epidemic has spiked suicides which in term has increased gun suicides.

Would be nice if CNN had done their due diligence and dug a bit deeper rather than publish propaganda.

Since you mentioned the opioid crisis, I thought this was relevant.

Six Detroit-area doctors charged in $500M opioid scheme

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/macomb-county/2018/12/06/feds-allege-six-detroit-area-doctors-fueled-opioid-crisis-health-care-fraud-conspiracy/2225239002/

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

All these baseless MDL liberal talking points. What makes it an extra special kind of almost magical variant of TDS...they are making the assertation in a thread, in which the OP posted a study on gun violance by the same CDC they claim does not do such studies, becuse of the NRA 

Now that's Forrest Gump special right there, boy I tell you what 

Timeline

"Ignorance is Strength"

Edited by refugee

if you remove the deaths from illegal guns in Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit, New York and Los Angeles (all staunch bastions of the GOP) what does that do to our death rate by guns?