Sonea

Gun Deaths in America reach a new high per CDC

39 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/health/gun-deaths-highest-40-years-cdc/index.html

So gun deaths are at a new high apparently. But a little digging reveals why.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/06/07/u-s-suicide-rates-rise-sharply-across-the-country-new-report-shows/?utm_term=.901c4dc3191a

Suicide rates have really been spiking. A little more digging reveals why.

https://desertcoverecovery.com/blog/suicide-and-opioid-addiction-linked-epidemics-dual-diagnosis-treatment/

The opioid epidemic has spiked suicides which in term has increased gun suicides.

Would be nice if CNN had done their due diligence and dug a bit deeper rather than publish propaganda.

Edited by Sonea

You could also dig deeper and see how many gun deaths are justifiable shootings (self defense and justified shootings by police are also part of the statistics). I forget the numbers but there are more justifiable shootings than there are illegal shootings. It's all about fear mongering though.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

1 hour ago, Sonea said:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/health/gun-deaths-highest-40-years-cdc/index.html

So gun deaths are at a new high apparently. But a little digging reveals why.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/06/07/u-s-suicide-rates-rise-sharply-across-the-country-new-report-shows/?utm_term=.901c4dc3191a

Suicide rates have really been spiking. A little more digging reveals why.

https://desertcoverecovery.com/blog/suicide-and-opioid-addiction-linked-epidemics-dual-diagnosis-treatment/

The opioid epidemic has spiked suicides which in term has increased gun suicides.

Would be nice if CNN had done their due diligence and dug a bit deeper rather than publish propaganda.

But still astronomically higher than any other 1st world country. Problem is the NRA and their supporters will not allow the CDC to do any meaningful research into the causes of gun violence.

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Just now, Ban Hammer said:

i wasn't aware the NRA controlled the CDC.

Beat me to it . I am sure not too many members at the CDC

5 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

Don't you know that according to @JimandChristy the NRA controls the Mango Mussolini, so he and his supported is forcing the CDC from looking to gun violence. 

Gosh it is a Right Wing Conspiracy don't you know.

Edited by Cyberfx1024

4 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Don't you know that according to @JimandChristy the NRA controls the Mango Mussolini, so he and his supported is forcing the CDC from looking to gun violence. 

Gosh it is a Right Wing Conspiracy don't you know.

Whats so gosh darn funny is the article is gun research by the CDC, I mean how friggin ..never mind 

16 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

"Supporters" Politicians in Congress who have an "A" rating from the NRA won't even consider passing a bill to look into it.

Edited by JimandChristy

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

8 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

"Supporters" Politicians in Congress who have an "A" rating from the NRA won't even consider passing a bill to look into it.

Why would they pass a bill to look in to it at all? Passing bills are for passing laws not initiatives or studies.

4 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Why would they pass a bill to look in to it at all? Passing bills are for passing laws not initiatives or studies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/10/04/gun-violence-research-has-been-shut-down-for-20-years/?utm_term=.e1efd58b19e9

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, JimandChristy said:

But still astronomically higher than any other 1st world country. Problem is the NRA and their supporters will not allow the CDC to do any meaningful research into the causes of gun violence.

Referring to 1st world countries, I assume you mean the list of industrialized nation? I can identify one difference right away - social / racial justice and relations. The only country that may have handled this more poorly than the US, is Japan. But of course their racial minorities are such a tiny percentage of the population, their effects are muted.

I'm not sure how long you've lived here or been in American cities, but the US has more in common with a country like South Africa then say Belgium or the UK. I would argue that the way minorities were treated in this country does NOT qualify the country as truly 1st world.

Edited by Sonea

2 hours ago, Sonea said:

That would be the day that pigs fly. CNN is more of a tabloid than a news outlet.

Edited by jg121783

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
41 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

That would be the day that pigs fly. CNN is more of a tabloid than a news outlet.

Tabloids are more likely to understand the word ethics.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

23 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Tabloids are more likely to understand the word ethics.

Your right. Even tabloids tell the truth occasionally unlike CNN. I guess CNN is useful for information if you know how to process it. Just take everything they say and assume the oppisite is true.

1 hour ago, Sonea said:

Referring to 1st world countries, I assume you mean the list of industrialized nation? I can identify one difference right away - social / racial justice and relations. The only country that may have handled this more poorly than the US, is Japan. But of course their racial minorities are such a tiny percentage of the population, their effects are muted.

I'm not sure how long you've lived here or been in American cities, but the US has more in common with a country like South Africa then say Belgium or the UK. I would argue that the way minorities were treated in this country does NOT qualify the country as truly 1st world.

were is a past tense werd