Pinay7900

IR5 requesting to escalate to issue visa ASAP

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After a long time period visa interviewed passed , medical treatment passed, all docs submitted and we received an envelope that has sealed on and warning said “ do not accept if sealed is broken “ when we went to CFO opened and found out there’s no visa attachment to my dad’s passport - we went to embassy in person & resubmitted more docs & we flew all the way here to get my father . We didn’t expect this happened to us. We got stuck here in Manila hoping that the US embassy has going to issue a visa for my dad our flight changed twice & we don’t know when we be able to receive the visa PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP DECEY4th was the last time we resubmitted the docs along with our meeting at the embassy at the same day. My questions are how more to wait to get his visa . We cancelled our flight December 7th because we haven’t received a visa yet for my dad will anyone here can share give some ideas thoughts???? Please help us! We still in Manila and got stuck out final flight is on December 13th . Hopefully we will get his visa before the 13th. Thank you guys! Pls comments back !

We really need to know exactly the date ??? When we are able to receive the visa ???? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When you attended the meeting at the embassy on Dec. 4th what sort of timeline did they give you?

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The only way you will know the exact date is when you receive the visa, why we always say never book tickets until you have visa in hand.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Going through said:

When you attended the meeting at the embassy on Dec. 4th what sort of timeline did they give you?

After we went to US embassy in Manila December 4th - he said to submit the missing forms to 2GO nearby at the hotel where were stay at & keep contacting Embassy to follow up and he can’t answer the questions when is possible to get the visa ??? All we know is to escalate or expedite to issue the Visa before our flight back to the US. We supposed to leave December 7th but because we are hoping to receive the visa by the time his medical expires December 13th might as well we extending our stay here to wait & to figure it out either we get it? Or not? We communicate visa email or phone to follow up? We just need know if consular from embassy can tell us straight answer if we are able to make it before our flight ?? Otherwise if we have not get it by the time we leaves then we will send my dad back to mindanao and we are going to stop all the way to process . To be honest I have been processing this since 2015 and we spent too much money to send my dad and my bros and sister to accompany him back and forth to Manila . This is charge to experience nw I know more about this kinda process learn from it and move on ! This is my first time to sponsor my father and if I knew that the envelope has no visa attachment we would not fly all the way here to pinas . We are still here rolling our eyes to the selling and thinking hard why we are here and blame to one another is not going to help! So we just have to be more patience and wait our flight back to the US on December 13th. I hope someone can tell me when you track the the status saying “ Ready “ what does this means??? After we received a sign “ Ready “ how long more to wait before we received a sign notification said “ issued” any ideas??? 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Boiler said:

The only way you will know the exact date is when you receive the visa, why we always say never book tickets until you have visa in hand.

We booked a plane tickets because we thought it was visa inside the envelope saying “ do not open if sealed is broken “ we don’t know until we open the envelope and passport” so too late to blame it’s already happened and all we can do right now is to follow up before we fly back to the US??? I tracked the visa status said “ Ready “ but I have seen the other you would know if they issue the visa because it will tell you the tracking said “ issued” that’s all I know . So any ideas ??? Thanks

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Cathi said:

There is no way anyone here could possibly give you an exact date. None.

Yes you are correct !!! Thank you - if we knew when I was in the US that the embassy package  sent to my family and has a warning said “ do not open if sealed is broken “ I would not know what was inside the brown envelope and we found out when we arrived here in pinas . Again I would t blame to anyone or myself things happens for a reasons okay. So if any concerns and feedback from you thank you and I know we are all trying to help our family or love ones to bring to the US. There’s no regret of whatsoever! All we need to hear is an honest answer from US embassy Manila if they are going to release the visa or not before our flight back to the US. Salamat and thank you guys pls comments or any feedback that can help me too thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

All you can do is wait and contact the embassy about this and do exactly what they say.  And do not pay for tickets to the US until you have the visa in the passport, in your hands.  Sometimes these things take a lot longer than you hope they will.  Good luck.

I'm finding this story a bit confusing. I don't really understand the focus on what was in the envelope, you obviously are not supposed to open it/know what was inside. Did your father not get a visa at all or did he not check that there was a visa sticker in his passport when it was returned to him?  or did your father open the envelope thinking that's where his visa was?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
6 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

I'm finding this story a bit confusing. I don't really understand the focus on what was in the envelope, you obviously are not supposed to open it/know what was inside. Did your father not get a visa at all or did he not check that there was a visa sticker in his passport when it was returned to him?  or did your father open the envelope thinking that's where his visa was?

Same here. 

8 hours ago, carmel34 said:

All you can do is wait and contact the embassy about this and do exactly what they say.  And do not pay for tickets to the US until you have the visa in the passport, in your hands.  Sometimes these things take a lot longer than you hope they will.  Good luck.

What happens in the Philippines is that the all the documents are delivered in a Brown Envelope specifically saying "Do Not Open". But what everybody does is that they cut a small slit in the envelope in order to get the passport out of it. What sounds like happened is that it was opened while they were at CFO in order to put the stamp in the passport, only to find out there was no visa actually in the passport. 

Filed: Timeline
On 12/9/2018 at 7:22 PM, Pinay7900 said:

After a long time period visa interviewed passed , medical treatment passed, all docs submitted and we received an envelope that has sealed on and warning said “ do not accept if sealed is broken “ when we went to CFO opened and found out there’s no visa attachment to my dad’s passport - we went to embassy in person & resubmitted more docs & we flew all the way here to get my father . We didn’t expect this happened to us. We got stuck here in Manila hoping that the US embassy has going to issue a visa for my dad our flight changed twice & we don’t know when we be able to receive the visa PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP DECEY4th was the last time we resubmitted the docs along with our meeting at the embassy at the same day. My questions are how more to wait to get his visa . We cancelled our flight December 7th because we haven’t received a visa yet for my dad will anyone here can share give some ideas thoughts???? Please help us! We still in Manila and got stuck out final flight is on December 13th . Hopefully we will get his visa before the 13th. Thank you guys! Pls comments back !

We really need to know exactly the date ??? When we are able to receive the visa ???? 

Hi...any update on your Dad's case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.