Sarge2155

December 2018 I-129F (K1) Filers

866 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Amber Kay said:

Hi everyone, I have a question. I saw somewhere that there is a difference in checking your status on the USCIS website, versus checking (calling)the NVC to see if they have received your K1 Visa petition. Is this true? I did call NVC a few days ago and they told me that they have not received my K1 Petition and it would take 6 weeks to get in their hands. I received the NOA1 on December 31. Can someone clarify me so I know where to direct my stalking efforts 😂

You just filed your petition one month ago?  If so, it will not be adjudicated for another 5-6 months at the earliest.  It first goes to the CSC to be adjudicated, and then sent to the NVC after approval.

The folks talking about their petitions being sent to the NVC have already received NOA2, MONTHS after filing.

Are you familiar with how to look up current processing times here on VJ, and on USCIS?

Edited by Jorgedig

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

You just filed your petition one month ago?  If so, it will not be adjudicated for another 5-6 months at the earliest.  It first goes to the CSC to be adjudicated, and then sent to the NVC after approval.

The folks talking about their petitions being sent to the NVC have already received NOA2, MONTHS after filing.

Are you familiar with how to look up current processing times here on VJ, and on USCIS?

Oh Gosh! Haha! I wondered why she sounded so confused as to why I called so soon! At least she was kind :)

I am so impatient and I feel like it's been 398 years since I received my NOA1. I don't know how to look anything up. I do good just posting here and that's probably in the wrong place too!

3 hours ago, Amber Kay said:

Oh Gosh! Haha! I wondered why she sounded so confused as to why I called so soon! At least she was kind :)

I am so impatient and I feel like it's been 398 years since I received my NOA1. I don't know how to look anything up. I do good just posting here and that's probably in the wrong place too!

You'll be fine just look another month is just about gone now!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

In case anyone is expecting anything of importance.

USPS suspends delivery because of bitter arctic blast

Extreme cold continues to grip parts of the country, with record-breaking low temperatures and dangerous wind chills. Due to the extreme weather conditions, the Postal Service has temporarily suspended delivery service in certain locations on Jan. 31 to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees. The service disruptions will affect the following 3-digit ZIP Code locations:

• Michigan: 486-491, 493-499
  • Indiana: 460-469, 472-475, 478, 479
  • Chicago: 606-608
  • Lakeland: 530-532, 534, 535, 537-539, 541-545, 549, 600, 602, 610, 611
  • Detroit: 480-485, 492
  • Illinois: 601, 603-605, 609, 613-618, 627
  • Northern Ohio (Toledo area): 436
  • Western Pennsylvania (Erie, Bradford areas): 164, 165, 167
  • Western New York (Buffalo area): 142

The Postal Service will assess suspending other potential delivery areas based on temperature and wind chill forecasts.

We will provide additional information when it becomes available.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 hours ago, Amber Kay said:

the bottom of your timeline is filled in by the site....May is our target date (Im right with you)

ocessing
Estimates/Stats :
Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between May 30, 2019 and June 6, 2019*. 

If this date range has passed or your application is past due per USCIS processing times then you should consider calling the USCIS to inquire on your petition. If you have been approved please update your timeline.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/31/2019 at 12:54 PM, fluffykim said:

the bottom of your timeline is filled in by the site....May is our target date (Im right with you)

ocessing
Estimates/Stats :
Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between May 30, 2019 and June 6, 2019*. 

If this date range has passed or your application is past due per USCIS processing times then you should consider calling the USCIS to inquire on your petition. If you have been approved please update your timeline.

One month down and only 4 more to go! I'm so excited yet impatient as heck!

We submitted our I29f form Dec. 26, 2018. Got the receipt that they received the application and cashed the check January 6,2019. Now we wait!!! Nervous, excited, anxious!!!!!

On 1/29/2019 at 6:37 PM, Sarge2155 said:

I ran into that exact same thing I submitted my divorce decree with just the stamped judges name. In the legal arena a stamped judges name is just as good as a signature, but USCIS is not the legal arena. I also got mixed answers, what i did was get another certified copy from the court (it did have the signature) and I just have it ready in case they ask for it later. I know its not avoiding a RFE which is what you are trying to do, but there is no guarantee that if you send in the signed version that it will be inserted in your file. I also got mixed answers on sending in stuff after the fact some said it worked others said they did not really know. I tried it with a TOS from the dating sight I met my fiancee on since I did not send it in initially i was worried. I sent it registered returned receipt so i do know it got there, but i could not tell you if it was included in my file or not. Bottom line it's going to be really up to you whether you send it in or wait for the possible RFE. But I do feel you. On the better side it's not a real biggie and if they want to see the signed copy they will ask for it.

In my case I'm into the process at 266 days just shy of 9 months with no nothing so to me a RFE would be a welcomed sight at this point. Again if it gives you a piece of mind by all means do it. I did it, but don't know if it got into my file or not. Send it to the address on your NOA1 the California address. Be sure they can match it up i.e., name WAC number fiancee name etc. and a short letter detailing what it is you are asking.

Hey @Sarge2155, sorry I missed your response! 

We ended up not sending the extra papers in the end - my fiancé called the number on the NOA1 and the lady he spoke with said what he’d sent was the document they needed. Someone also commented on the thread I have specifically about the divorce papers, saying they had submitted the same document as him, and it was approved - they just had to submit the extra document when they got to NVC stage (I have to be honest, I don’t really understand what the NVC stage is/what happens there - apart from filling in the affidavit of support, I didn’t realise my fiancé would have to complete any further forms/send further documents).

I’m so sorry you’re going through that - can imagine how ridiculously frustrating that must be! Do they give you no information or reason when you query the wait? 😕

Zoë

2 hours ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Hey @Sarge2155, sorry I missed your response! 

We ended up not sending the extra papers in the end - my fiancé called the number on the NOA1 and the lady he spoke with said what he’d sent was the document they needed. Someone also commented on the thread I have specifically about the divorce papers, saying they had submitted the same document as him, and it was approved - they just had to submit the extra document when they got to NVC stage (I have to be honest, I don’t really understand what the NVC stage is/what happens there - apart from filling in the affidavit of support, I didn’t realise my fiancé would have to complete any further forms/send further documents).

I’m so sorry you’re going through that - can imagine how ridiculously frustrating that must be! Do they give you no information or reason when you query the wait? 😕

Zoë

At the NVC stage  you don't send any paperwork to them, all he will send will be direct to you for use at your interview. They told me 45 days ago that my case was being adjudicated and I SHOULD have a notice of action in 45 days. 45 days are up today in fact. Ill call again on Monday  before I put in another inquiry and I'll  contact  my congress person. USCIS loves to give generic answers,  they are very non committal for liable reasons.

Citizenship Complete!

14 hours ago, LindaDanny said:

We submitted our I29f form Dec. 26, 2018. Got the receipt that they received the application and cashed the check January 6,2019. Now we wait!!! Nervous, excited, anxious!!!!!

Congrats and welcome to Visa Journey!

Citizenship Complete!

1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

At the NVC stage  you don't send any paperwork to them, all he will send will be direct to you for use at your interview. They told me 45 days ago that my case was being adjudicated and I SHOULD have a notice of action in 45 days. 45 days are up today in fact. Ill call again on Monday  before I put in another inquiry and I'll  contact  my congress person. USCIS loves to give generic answers,  they are very non committal for liable reasons.

It just seems ridiculous that they’re putting you in a position where you need to contact your congressman  - both he and you have better things to be doing, I’m sure!

Good luck - please keep us updated on your progress! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~non English posts removed. Do not edit another members post. Changing the quoted portion is a TOS Violation. It is English only in the main forum. Another post removed for spamming multiple threads.~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.