Lankyshakes

NOA2: Should I be concerned?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So we filed our I-129F back in April and got our NOA1 on May 2nd, 2018. I’m feeling anxious like we should get a response about the NOA2 any day now. We’re with the California center (CSC)

However this website site says that the current cases being processed at the CSC are for May 11th, 2018?! I’ve watched each day as that day increases past May 2nd and it’s making me panic. 

Did they skip over our application? When we called the USCIS a week ago; a woman politely told us any RFE’s would’ve happened months ago if any. 

If there’s anyone able to help me based on the information on this website, I would really appreciate that. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

That means that at least SOME I-129fs with a NOA1 date of May 11, 2018 are being processed.  Not all cases are equal, and not all processors equal.  As @geowrian says, it's like buying groceries at a store.  Some lines are just faster than others.

You are getting closer every day......Patience....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Agreed with above. While you are on the longer time lines, you can't compare your case entirely to others. Petitions aren't processed first come first serve so to say. They get dispersed and some people review petitions faster than others. Some take vacation, sick days, ect. 

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

*~*~*moved from “process and procedures” to “progress reports” - question about processing times*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, HP+IC said:

USCIS thinks they are on April 18 now

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

USCIS thinks if you're from before April 18, you're able to submit an inquiry due to being outside normal processing times. It's definitely not the date they're working on 'now'; most of the approvals in the last couple of weeks have been May filers.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

USCIS thinks if you're from before April 18, you're able to submit an inquiry due to being outside normal processing times. It's definitely not the date they're working on 'now'; most of the approvals in the last couple of weeks have been May filers.

VJ statistics deals with like 200-250 cases per month at most. Now taken into account that there are 500+ I-129F petitions with my NOA1 date waiting for adjudication only at CSC, the May 'majority' of like 50 approved on VJ in November in total so far is hardly statistically representative. We all want to be there right now, but again, if you look at the tracker app, you will see by just a difference in numbers that there are over 28K waiting petitions in between NOA1 June 5 and myself with NOA1 June 29th. Not all of them are I-129Fs but nevertheless. Plus outstanding March, plus outstanding April to balance the average of 70% approvals rate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We filed February 28th and we JUST got our N0A2 November 10th... no RFE or anything.. they are just slow haha. You will hear soon!! Almost 9 months of waiting was crazy! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.