Olori

I-130 June 2018 filers

203 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
23 hours ago, gonzolux said:

Hello! So I'm a June 6th filer for my husband's I-130. It's now outside of normal processing time. Just called USCIS. It was as I expected, a Catch 22 situation - if you don't fill out the online "outside of normal processing time" form before calling, you're going to be asked to do that. (In this case, the representative did it for me over the phone.) And if I had done the form already, they would have said it had not been up to 30 days, so keep waiting. I did not talk to a Tier 2 representative because the person I talked to told me that a Tier 2 rep would have to put me in a queue and call me back but would just do the same form with me. I have no idea if a Tier 2 rep would have had no other information for me, but I do believe that they would have made me fill this form out. 

So now we wait more. They told me I could get a response via email in 15-30 days. If I don't hear back after 30 days then I can call back. I do find it a bit inane that when you submit an inquiry saying "Hi! My form is late!" you get told to just wait for up to 30 more days for a response....

Its very frustrating...hang in there!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I wish that there was a good answer for all of this non sense. The government sees paper on a desk, not people with feelings and emotions. I say call the Uscis back and speak to a tier two rep. Hell, you should do it everyday! I hope that you have ease in your case soon. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, smith916 said:

Nebraska waiting time is now 9.5 to 12 months... livid 😡

FE3E0968-6515-4939-86D3-FA3E7E0F0856.png

This is unfortunately completely unsurprising. It's been clear for over a month they were way behind, but I think they only update the estimates once a month. And then came the beginning of April, so they finally updated it. However this has finally convinced me to make a post for all my friends and family on Facebook that I'm clearly not coming back to the United States any time soon. When we filed, I thought this process would move faster so I told them all we would know more by March at the latest so I get asked ALL THE TIME. I'm sorry to everyone who is waiting in the line with us, especially those waiting without their spouse. I know my husband and I are lucky to be together. 

Edited by gonzolux

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I tried to submit an inquiry for outside processing times and it actually accepted me to fill it out. My PD is June 25,2018. I noticed they changed the processing times dramatically. 1.5-7 months for some.. some from 9-12 and the “ receipt date for inquiry “ went backwards by a month. 

Somehow my inquiry got accepted through the system when it hadn’t before. 

we shall see what happens. Fingers crossed. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Brittany & Jamie said:

I tried to submit an inquiry for outside processing times and it actually accepted me to fill it out. My PD is June 25,2018. I noticed they changed the processing times dramatically. 1.5-7 months for some.. some from 9-12 and the “ receipt date for inquiry “ went backwards by a month. 

Somehow my inquiry got accepted through the system when it hadn’t before. 

we shall see what happens. Fingers crossed. 

I submitted an inquiry for outside processing time on March 20th. My PD date is June 6, 2018. I did it over the phone with USCIS because I was trying to see if a human would have more information for me. However she said the first step was do do an inquiry for outside processing time and couldn't give me any more information. She said to expect an answer via email to my inquiry in 15-30 days, but if over 30 days with no answer to call back.  I expect that now that the processing time range has been moved we'll just get a response telling us that. I'm personally not expecting to get actual information about my case, just more of an automated sort of response. Let's hope I'm wrong! 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Since this thread is dead , I assume most people here busy working on their spouses cases.

But if someone can provide input/feedback, much appreciated. Espeically if anyone who filed in June 2018 under F2A and upgraded the petition to IR1 after becoming citizen.

My details:

I filed for my wife's immigration as F2A and then became citizen. Attaching my timeline so far

F2A PD                :    6/1/2018
Service Center        :    California
Naturalization Date        :    4/18/2019
Upgrade Request Sent    :    4/24/2019

Waiting for upgrade to be processed (Others say it takes anywhere from 5-10 days)
and then I-130 to be approved (30 days after upgrade is processed based on other's feedback)

I have crated a separate thread for it here

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
17 minutes ago, gonzolux said:

June 6th PD for Nebraska. Just hanging out here in North Macedonia wondering if they will ever hit June! 

Awww hang in there!

Timeline
1 hour ago, tan and gen said:

We got an RFE after 11months of waiting 😢😢 . I thought they will going to approve it already because theres an officer reviewing our case,but thats not it. I hope they told us more early that we need more evidence, it took them 11months just to give us the result. 😢

Aw I'm very sorry for that! We are prepared for all possibilities, bad or good. Thankfully we are together, and I have a residency permit to stay in my husband's country. I miss the food in America but my family understands why I'm here! 

15 minutes ago, gonzolux said:

Aw I'm very sorry for that! We are prepared for all possibilities, bad or good. Thankfully we are together, and I have a residency permit to stay in my husband's country. I miss the food in America but my family understands why I'm here! 

I hope my husband have a dual citizenship so he can stay here too with me. I just really missed him. 😢 . I hope they approve it once we send the additional documents. 🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.