jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 hours ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Interview today could not have been easier. Asked about 20 questions from the 485, looked at our passports and said it was approved. Less than 5 minutes from oath to walking out I would say.

Congratulations 🎊 

9 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Thanks, no personal question just literally ready about 20 yes or no questions off the 485 and that was it. We didn;t even open our documents up.

Whole process:

Security

Interview check in

Go upstairs wait for our number

Number gets called we go to an office

Hand over both our passports.

We both swear to tell the truth

She gets her picture and 2 finger prints taken at the desk

She gets asked about 20 questions that the officer was reading off our I-485

Officer says it looks good just need to wait for his computer a minute

Officer says its all approved and we will get our GC within a month.

Asked if we had any questions(which we didn't) and walked us out.

I hope your card will arrive soon.. My IO gave me 4 to 6 weeks for the card to arrive but it arrive today 6 days from interview.

Congratulations again @ThomasNC1988

1 hour ago, DeepakChani said:

What are some volunteering ideas as we wait for our EADs/GCs/AP. I do have a SSN. 

Looks like you're in San Fran where there is a huge problem with homelessness. I'm sure it would be very easy to find volunteer work helping people who are in need of food, shelter, and generosity! 

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
9 hours ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Thanks, no personal question just literally ready about 20 yes or no questions off the 485 and that was it. We didn;t even open our documents up.

Whole process:

Security

Interview check in

Go upstairs wait for our number

Number gets called we go to an office

Hand over both our passports.

We both swear to tell the truth

She gets her picture and 2 finger prints taken at the desk

She gets asked about 20 questions that the officer was reading off our I-485

Officer says it looks good just need to wait for his computer a minute

Officer says its all approved and we will get our GC within a month.

Asked if we had any questions(which we didn't) and walked us out.

Congratulations ThomasNC1988 
Went through same process at the Raleigh Office, didn't even open up documents we came with but IO said to expect mail in 30 to 45 days. no confirmation of Approval 

1 hour ago, cynett said:

Went through same process at the Raleigh Office, didn't even open up documents we came with but IO said to expect mail in 30 to 45 days. no confirmation of Approval 

As long as the IO said youre approved verbally or congratulate you its a good news. Take note mine didnt say approved but will recommend for approval.My case never say approved nore received approval notice prior actual green card..i receive both at the same time so dont worry and i really hope you and @ThomasNC1988 received your cards sooner than what the IO told you to expect GC 😊😊

So happy seeing more progress in October thread.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
10 hours ago, cynett said:

I am expecting the card a lot sooner. Every timeline I've seen from Raleigh they received the card in a week or less.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, icanbenobody said:

I received my GC 6 days after interview. No Ead or AP for me.

October aos filers might receive their ead/ap between February and march.

my ead already approved last jan.16 got update card is being produced. Im just really want yo know the timeframe for ead I am excited

1 hour ago, Juaneng28 said:

my ead already approved last jan.16 got update card is being produced. Im just really want yo know the timeframe for ead I am excited

Usually it takes a week to come in the mail.

Are you really an October filer? Did you expedite your EAD or something? 

Your timeline is blank. Can you fill it up please.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Usually it takes a week to come in the mail.

Are you really an October filer? Did you expedite your EAD or something? 

Your timeline is blank. Can you fill it up please.

my Rd is oct 22,2018. yup I expedite it.

11 minutes ago, Juaneng28 said:

my Rd is oct 22,2018. yup I expedite it.

Ohhhh okay that makes sense. You might want to mention the expedite when you post about it. Otherwise you will have a whole lot of ppl questioning you and possibly spreading the false information in other groups that October filers have started to get their EADs.

5 hours ago, Juaneng28 said:

I got my EAD approved on 15 jan on 16th status said new card being produced on 17 tha it said approved and on 18 it said card mailed with tracking number for USPS

USPS site says to be deliver by Tuesday 22

keeping fingers crossed

PD oct 2

Timeline
7 hours ago, Indian_Hubby said:

I got my EAD approved on 15 jan on 16th status said new card being produced on 17 tha it said approved and on 18 it said card mailed with tracking number for USPS

USPS site says to be deliver by Tuesday 22

keeping fingers crossed

PD oct 2

wow that fast! mine show first the card being produced Jan 16then case approved same day.but the Uscis CS said it was approved jan 15. no update at uscis.egov only at myaccount(dhs) what is your service center? mine is NBC 

Edited by Juaneng28

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.