tringuyen

2nd Fiance Visa Situation

56 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
57 minutes ago, tringuyen said:

Should I go the route of fiancé visa or marriage visa?

CR1 (marriage) takes a bit longer but cheaper over all since person will enter US with green card, and be able to work right away. Major drawback that you have to be ... well.. married. No safety cushion of K-1 visa. Regardless of the specifics, either path should start with bona fide relationship though, presumably not only based on "pickings" based on economical status. 

1 minute ago, Roel said:

Then stick to the US women.

I mean, it sounds like you "shopped" for you current fiance, rather than fell in love.

But good luck.

There are warning flags you look for when getting into a relationship.  Is the person an alcoholic?  Is the person a gambler?  Is the person from a starving family ready to screw you over?

1 hour ago, Going through said:

Look, no matter what country the woman comes from, marital problems can occur----divorce and failing relationships are not country-specific.

There are born US citizens who will use people for money too.

The only way to fully eliminate the potential for marital problems is to never get married.

Some marital problems can be worked through and some can’t 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I-130 CR-1 will be my recommendation - it does not take much longer (probably 3-4 months longer) but it will help lessen complexity when she gets to US.  

Being poor is very normal, my family (a big one) was very poor back then and we came to US under our grandparents' petition - I remembered mother and my brother said no they did not want to go to uncle and got yelled by my grandparents back then😃.  My grandparents have 5 sons, my uncles, they got married to very poor women and all case got approved and they live very happy now in US.

Edited by RLE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, tringuyen said:

From Vietnam it is 

Only in your eyes......not the eyes of people who count...USCIS.......did you sign an I-864 for the first spouse?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, tringuyen said:

From Vietnam it is 

I am from Vietnam and I can tell you: no. I have helped (filed for free) so many cases for my community and poor is not an issue.  Less face-time is an issue.

Having a VAWA filed against you puts your under scrutiny, naturally.

Don't try to have a baby to play the system... not only would that be obsolete, but it is deeply troubling to even consider.

45 minutes ago, Daniela M_______ said:

From Vietnam it is 

If you hold women and Vietnamese women in such low regard, maybe stop trying to marry them?

1 hour ago, Roel said:

I'm looking for ways to eliminate marital problems for a lasting marriage.

For someone who went on a vendetta against his ex-- to ruin her life after the divorce-- I think you have some stuff to work through internally before jumping into the next marriage.

2 minutes ago, RLE said:

I am from Vietnam and I can tell you: no. I have helped (filed for free) so many cases for my community and poor is not an issue.  Less face-time is an issue.

I’m from Vietnam too.

Fir those who are not educated on VAWA fraud please read 

http://voif.org/

has anyone gone fir a second fiancé visa and the first fiancé/wife filed for VAWA?

4 minutes ago, YoungPadawan said:

Having a VAWA filed against you puts your under scrutiny, naturally.

Don't try to have a baby to play the system... not only would that be obsolete, but it is deeply troubling to even consider.

If you hold women and Vietnamese women in such low regard, maybe stop trying to marry them?

For someone who went on a vendetta against his ex-- to ruin her life after the divorce-- I think you have some stuff to work through internally before jumping into the next marriage.

You don’t know all the facts of my case.  She told me her parents pressured her into the marriage.  Her mom pawned our engagement jewelry.  Before you criticize on your soap box, know the facts.

seems I’m better off going to an immigration lawyer and offices.  The responders to my post gloat preaching from their soap box.

7 hours ago, tringuyen said:

We'd like to have children in the first place.

Then it makes sense to wait when you both live together, when she has gotten over the culture shock of living in another country and she has gotten all her US certifications to be able to practice dentistry here. I've heard the latter takes a while and I guess she doesn't want to work for McDonald's when she gets here. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, tringuyen said:

I’m from Vietnam too.

Fir those who are not educated on VAWA fraud please read 

http://voif.org/

has anyone gone fir a second fiancé visa and the first fiancé/wife filed for VAWA?

Let's face this:  

If someone has faced the same situation as you are having right now - would it change anything? Not really.  If you are truly in love with this one, then do anything in your power to show it is bona fide relationship

- Visit her as often as you can.  

- Take her to Thailand, Singapore, etc. for vacation (Japan/Korea if she can get visa)

- Talk to her family members

Edited by RLE

As you noted, you aren't involved in the VAWA process. You do not know what evidence was provided (women's shelter info? psychological evaluations?). Getting VAWA approved is not a quick or simple task. If she was successful in obtaining a green card via VAWA, then expect scrutiny of your new case.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.