Eve81

What if they lost our papers?

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, Eve81 said:

My husband to be send in an inquiry but we are afraid they'll just say: we are processing...

You will hear something soon... Just gotta wait a little longer 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sandy05 said:

We waited 294 days for NOA2 and that was without any RFEs, and our case was straightforward. As everyone else has said already, highly doubtful they lost your petition. Try to keep yourself calm, because this process sucks for everyone. Once you've hit the out of normal processing times, file an inquiry with USCIS. Chances are you will get a generic answer like most of us did like still processing or on hold pending security checks. After that you can go to your local congressman and ask them to make a congressional inquiry. Not sure how useful it will be...we asked ours for one but got the approval before we even knew if they did anything or not. If all else fails and you find yourself 60 days past normal processing, you can contact the Ombudsman for help. Honestly, if you are a genuine couple and did your due diligence when you filled out the paperwork, you will be fine. I of all people know how hard waiting was, so I know it's easier said than done to be patient but at this point it really isn't in your hands. 

That's the whole thing... If you are so long behind, you have to call a congressman, an ombudsman... who probably can not even help. Why is it so Kafka? And why does USCIS doesn't care much when you are the one falling back? Nobody wants to be there, so I do hope we'll drop on our feet. But imagine you are the one, then you're <word removed>, and that makes me really scared.

Does anyone know that if being late with filling in the tax forms, gets you a delay? My man still didnt do his. Thank god, it has to be done in 4 days

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove alternate spelling of profanity.

9 hours ago, Eve81 said:

That's the whole thing... If you are so long behind, you have to call a congressman, an ombudsman... who probably can not even help. Why is it so Kafka? And why does USCIS doesn't care much when you are the one falling back? Nobody wants to be there, so I do hope we'll drop on our feet. But imagine you are the one, then you're <word removed>, and that makes me really scared.

Does anyone know that if being late with filling in the tax forms, gets you a delay? My man still didnt do his. Thank god, it has to be done in 4 days

Being late with your taxes does not delay things.  You do not have to call your congressional representative or ombudsman. You can call USCIS and/or make an online inquiry. It’s up to you. There is not much you can do except wait and be patient like so many thousands before you have done.  We’ve all been there and survived this part of the journey.  Look forward to the good times and stop dwelling on the negative. You’ll be much happier.

Edited by TBoneTX
alternate spelling of profanity removed from quote

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This process requires a lot of patience and patient I was..My I-130 took 267 days from my NOA 1 date, but in all from start to finish it was 396 days...I kept myself busy by working longer hours at the office as well as picking up a part time weekend job...Yes, my husband and I made time to talk to one another on a daily basis despite my busy schedule..I wasn't going to let this process consume because if so, I would have lost my freaking mind...You are actually within the normal time frame so just remain patient..I know it isn't easy, but soon your time will come..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You are only two weeks past the "estimated processing time" of 5-7 months for CSC and an I-129, according to the USCIS website, and processing times seem to be getting longer, not faster, compared to the past.  I'm guessing that they randomly assign files to different employees, and some work faster than others.  This would account for the big variances in processing times, even at the same service center for the same form.  You can submit an online query on the USCIS website, as others have suggested.  Two weeks must seem like an eternity when you've been waiting for 7 months already--this waiting thing is not fun!  My husband and I are planning multiple trips for the next 12 months, to see each other, in romantic locations, to help pass the time and focus on what we can control, vs. what we can't.  Good luck, I hope you hear something soon!  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, KBA said:

Every case is different but definitely keep being the squeaky wheel and eventually you’ll get an answer. Hang in there!

Yes, the old saying is "The squeaky wheel gets oiled first",,  however, If a wheel squeaks too loud, it just gets replaced" LOL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Filed January 10th - just received notice today, 09/11 that I should be receiving an RFE so they are behind. I would schedule an info pass, I would call and request to speak with a tier 2, I would request to expedite process based on USCIS error. I would also request congressional inquiry (I did it all and now im

just starting to see movement)They are processing applications dated in February and March and that’s simply not fair. Exhaust all avenues just don’t give up! Best of Luck 

Edited by Hazelsky07

As long as you received the confirmation of case acceptance, you're golden. Waiting sucks, but it's the one thing that's constant in this process. The waiting when you're apart is the hardest, too, so it gets better. We've been waiting for a green card renewal for over two years. There have been people months and months after us approved, but there's nothing to do but wait. Our naturalization interview letter just arrived today. It will pass - I promise!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

I know it’s hard but don’t worry they didn’t lose your papers. I thought the same happened to us, we filed on 18th Jan, our noa-1 is 25 jan. The old and new website says we received your case on 22 Jan, no updates since nothing. I was getting anxious since I saw a lot of people receiving updates like “we are working on your case” emails and we got nothing ever. However, we contacted Uscis by phone on 30th August and we spoke to a tier2 who said “your case has been worked on as recent as July”. In the meantime we already filed for outside of processing times and contacted the senators office too to look into what’s going on. 9 days from filing the inquiry we received an email that our case is currently being adjudicated and we should receive an answer within 45 days. 

So I completely understand how you feel, being in the dark is the worst feeling, but I am sure your case is moving along as well but they don’t bother providing any updates during the wait time. I heard there’s a contractor working for them to update the website and notifications and well sometimes it happens, sometimes not... so I’d suggest the us citizen can contact them via phone and ask for a tier2. Just be polite and say I just would be grateful for an update and ask for a tier2. They will be most probably busy but will give you a time when they will call you back usually within that day. Hope this helps and once you know you aren’t forgotten you will feel better. Wish you all the best! ☺️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, Highmystic said:

Yes, the old saying is "The squeaky wheel gets oiled first",,  however, If a wheel squeaks too loud, it just gets replaced" LOL

In my case, I had to something because my case was so far out of normal processing times..waiting 441 days for an RFE is absurd. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.