dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2018

449 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hello guys, after 1 yr exactly our cases was approved (my son and i). His case was sent to nvc 4 wks ago and mine just last wk.  Just wondering how long i should wait before ringing their phones down. Also if anyone in the same position can advise how they actually treat cases like these ...i would really appreciate it. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Alicia W said:

Hello guys, after 1 yr exactly our cases was approved (my son and i). His case was sent to nvc 4 wks ago and mine just last wk.  Just wondering how long i should wait before ringing their phones down. Also if anyone in the same position can advise how they actually treat cases like these ...i would really appreciate it. 

USCIS website will have an update for you once they send your case to NVC and then once NVC receives its taking anywhere from 4-8 weeks for them to issue a case number.

You can call them in about 2-5 business days after USCIS sent your case. Good luck 

Timeline

@Abies Never congratulated you, happy to see that your interview went by smooth. All the help you do here is amazing. I pray that good things like these keep coming to you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Aadhi said:

USCIS website will have an update for you once they send your case to NVC and then once NVC receives its taking anywhere from 4-8 weeks for them to issue a case number.

You can call them in about 2-5 business days after USCIS sent your case. Good luck 

Gteat. Thank you 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I called NVC right now at 4:10pm here in Chicago. They gave me a case number but the rep told me my file is barely getting uploaded into system. He said to call back Friday or wait until Monday. He said i will be receiving a welcome letter im excited but if i have a case number what exactly am i waiting for? Is it for them to finish processing my file in the system? He mentioned something about waiting for everything to get settled. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, lvsweets said:

I called NVC right now at 4:10pm here in Chicago. They gave me a case number but the rep told me my file is barely getting uploaded into system. He said to call back Friday or wait until Monday. He said i will be receiving a welcome letter im excited but if i have a case number what exactly am i waiting for? Is it for them to finish processing my file in the system? He mentioned something about waiting for everything to get settled. 

You would need invoice number along with case number to pay AOS fee and then eventually IV fee. But you usually start with DS-261 if you are filing for yourself but not needed if you are using a lawyer.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Aadhi said:

You would need invoice number along with case number to pay AOS fee and then eventually IV fee. But you usually start with DS-261 if you are filing for yourself but not needed if you are using a lawyer.

Thank you for explaining. Unfortunately no lawyer im doing this process on my own. 

So i cant get an invoice number by calling NVC?

Edited by lvsweets

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Aadhi said:

What are the fee amounts? And its 3 different fees?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, lvsweets said:

What are the fee amounts? And its 3 different fees?

Aos $120,  iv $325 and immigration fee $220

Timeline

Here is my experience (FINAL 'this time for sure' update):

8/27/2018 - Called and received the case number and invoice ID number.  Gave them my email address and my wife's email address.  

8/27/2018 - 11:30pm Pacific Time, I received an email with the welcome letter that also instructed us to pay the AOS fee & IV fee.  I immediately logged onto the CEAC and both fees were active.  I paid both fees.  Fees show as 'In Process'

8/28/2018 - 5pm sent I-864ez & AOS docs and IV docs to NVC via FedEx overnight shipping.

8/29/2018 - Both fees are charged to bank account but CEAC still shows 'In Process'.  10:00am FedEx packaged arrived at NVC and is signed for. 

8/30/2018 - 9:00am Fees still show 'In Process'.  Called NVC to confirm they received and scanned my documents.  Informed that they have not yet been scanned in.

8/30/2018 - 1:00pm Both fees show as 'Paid' and DS-260 is active.  Spent 2 hours carefully filling out each section of the IV Application.  Printed all sections for review, Adriana and I went through it to make sure it was flawless.  Signed and Submitted DS-260 at 8:00pm.

8/31/2018 - 10:00am called NVC and agent tells me "I can confirm with you that we have received your DS-260 and all required documents.  Your case will now go for review which can take up to 3 weeks to reach a completed case.

9/10/2018 - Case Complete - So now we wait 7 months for an interview at Ciudad Juarez (in my estimation)

I also tried to submit for an NVC Expedite based on my medical condition.  I detailed the reason for the expedite request and detailed the medical condition.  Doctor provided documentation and recommendation for the urgency of my spouse moving to United States to care for me but....DENIED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Diva00 said:

CAN anyone pls tell me if we need an new employment letter or we can use one from last year??? 

get the current one. 

3 hours ago, Adriana & Chris said:

Here is my experience (FINAL 'this time for sure' update):

8/27/2018 - Called and received the case number and invoice ID number.  Gave them my email address and my wife's email address.  

8/27/2018 - 11:30pm Pacific Time, I received an email with the welcome letter that also instructed us to pay the AOS fee & IV fee.  I immediately logged onto the CEAC and both fees were active.  I paid both fees.  Fees show as 'In Process'

8/28/2018 - 5pm sent I-864ez & AOS docs and IV docs to NVC via FedEx overnight shipping.

8/29/2018 - Both fees are charged to bank account but CEAC still shows 'In Process'.  10:00am FedEx packaged arrived at NVC and is signed for. 

8/30/2018 - 9:00am Fees still show 'In Process'.  Called NVC to confirm they received and scanned my documents.  Informed that they have not yet been scanned in.

8/30/2018 - 1:00pm Both fees show as 'Paid' and DS-260 is active.  Spent 2 hours carefully filling out each section of the IV Application.  Printed all sections for review, Adriana and I went through it to make sure it was flawless.  Signed and Submitted DS-260 at 8:00pm.

8/31/2018 - 10:00am called NVC and agent tells me "I can confirm with you that we have received your DS-260 and all required documents.  Your case will now go for review which can take up to 3 weeks to reach a completed case.

9/10/2018 - Case Complete - So now we wait 7 months for an interview at Ciudad Juarez (in my estimation)

I also tried to submit for an NVC Expedite based on my medical condition.  I detailed the reason for the expedite request and detailed the medical condition.  Doctor provided documentation and recommendation for the urgency of my spouse moving to United States to care for me but....DENIED

Did you call NVC to find out for your CC? Or did you just check the website? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Aadhi said:

@Abies Never congratulated you, happy to see that your interview went by smooth. All the help you do here is amazing. I pray that good things like these keep coming to you. 

Thanks alot for the wishes. All the best to you too

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.