485 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 11/13/2019 at 9:44 PM, alun said:

@Joey.C They asked me ( US citizen ) why we decided to live here in the US and not in my spouse's country after getting married .

My EAD status says case was approved, how long does it take to get the card after that?I'm so excited!!!

My EAD status says case was approved, how long does it take to get the card after that?I'm so excited!!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

Here is my timeline.

July 6 th,2019 AOS filer here from Michigan.F2A category

Did Bio-metrics on July 26th.

No change since.

Was on F1 when i filed AOS,but now changed to H1B.

its been 130 days since i filed for AOS.

Waiting for an update.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello All,

I applied for I130, I485, I131, I765 all together through an attorney. My case is based on married to a US Citizen

10/9/2019 - Forms submitted

10/14/2019 - Receipt notices for all applications received in mail

10/20/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice received in mail

11/4/2019 - Biometrics Done at Detroit location

-Now Waiting for next steps-

Hoping to get Interview letter soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi guys, I already have a Social security card will they issue  me a new social security card with a different number when having EAD

5 hours ago, Joey.C said:

Hi guys, I already have a Social security card will they issue  me a new social security card with a different number when having EAD?

No. Your Social Security Number will never change and will always be associated with your name forever. You will keep your SC Card as it is after you get your EAD.

However, after you get your GC, you should apply to get a new card (with the same number), but without the line that says "Valid Only With DHS Authorization".

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:05 AM, Mdetroit said:

I also have the same question. Currently I an F1 and have social with Valid Only With DHS Authorization. I have interview for GC on 3rd December. After approval should i have to update my social security??

You could try . I met an SS employee who absolutely refused to help ( and her supervisor was not there ) She explained that in the SAVE  database it shows my right to work which can be verified by an potential employer .

I have to go to another SS office , but because  their  schedule  would have to take another day off from work 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 12/6/2019 at 8:58 AM, alun said:

@Scottish Mernymph  How did your interview go ? I hope well . 

@Lori Johnson congratulation on your green card ! Thank you for your review  .

I think every one of us is grateful Detroit is moving fast with the GC applications !

It went as well as it possibly could, thanks, there were tears, lots of tears, even the USCIS staff member was crying. I now have my green card & am getting away from it all as of tomorrow in Dominican Republic for 12 days!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 12/4/2019 at 10:30 AM, Joey.C said:

Hi guys, what all do you bring at your AOS interview?

This is our AOS interview checklist. Some may not apply as I emigrated with a child. 

ORIGINALS:

My interview notice

Son’s interview notice

My passport

Son’s passport

Husband’s passport

My birth certificate

Son’s birth certificate

Husband’s birth certificate

Certified marriage certificate

Son’s court order to permanently remove him from the UK

Husband's divorce decree from previous marriage

Supporting evidence - photos (8 photos of us together since marriage, including 2 wedding photos)

Supporting evidence - correspondence (wedding cards from friends & family, Christmas cards from friends & family, cards to each other-Christmas & birthday cards, birthday cards from family to each of us)

COPIES:

My birth certificate

My biographical passport page

My visa page in passport

My I-94

Husband’s birth certificate

Husband’s biographical passport page

Certified marriage certificate

Husband's divorce decree from previous marriage

Son’s birth certificate

Son’s biographical passport page

Son’s visa page in passport

Son’s I-94

Son’s court order to permanently remove him from the UK

Supporting evidence - bank statement in joint names

Supporting evidence - print out of joint filed taxes

Supporting evidence - photos (as above, copied and pasted to fit on one sheet of paper)

Supporting evidence - correspondence (as above, copied and pasted to fit on 4 sheets of paper)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.