485 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 12/8/2019 at 6:48 PM, fip & jim said:

This is our AOS interview checklist. Some may not apply as I emigrated with a child. 

ORIGINALS:

My interview notice

Son’s interview notice

My passport

Son’s passport

Husband’s passport

My birth certificate

Son’s birth certificate

Husband’s birth certificate

Certified marriage certificate

Son’s court order to permanently remove him from the UK

Husband's divorce decree from previous marriage

Supporting evidence - photos (8 photos of us together since marriage, including 2 wedding photos)

Supporting evidence - correspondence (wedding cards from friends & family, Christmas cards from friends & family, cards to each other-Christmas & birthday cards, birthday cards from family to each of us)

COPIES:

My birth certificate

My biographical passport page

My visa page in passport

My I-94

Husband’s birth certificate

Husband’s biographical passport page

Certified marriage certificate

Husband's divorce decree from previous marriage

Son’s birth certificate

Son’s biographical passport page

Son’s visa page in passport

Son’s I-94

Son’s court order to permanently remove him from the UK

Supporting evidence - bank statement in joint names

Supporting evidence - print out of joint filed taxes

Supporting evidence - photos (as above, copied and pasted to fit on one sheet of paper)

Supporting evidence - correspondence (as above, copied and pasted to fit on 4 sheets of paper)

Thank you!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 12/6/2019 at 4:37 PM, Béchameloo said:

From the VisaJourney timelines, Detroit field office seems one of the faster ones. Most people got their interview 3-4 months from their NOA date. Hopefully this is the case for us!

It is almost 5 months for me now.No update after Bio-metrics.

File AOS on July 6th.F2A category.

On 12/8/2019 at 12:26 PM, Scottish Mernymph said:

It went as well as it possibly could, thanks, there were tears, lots of tears, even the USCIS staff member was crying. I now have my green card & am getting away from it all as of tomorrow in Dominican Republic for 12 days!

Congratulations! 

We briefly spoke in the UK subsection many moons ago. We had our interview yesterday and the interviewing officer said she sees no reason why she should not approve our case and congratulated us! :D Waiting for the case change now and status update. 

Enjoy your time in DR! 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi guys,  my wife is freaking out because we didn't make copies of the AOS package. Is that a problem if we don't go with it at the interview? They didn't ask for it ln the interview letter 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What is scenario to left states after being entered on k1 visa>get married in time>applied for AOS & EAD

I know it has less option or no option but still..any official way you can left states and come back for interviews only ( I can visit states as my PP allows to do so) until GC received. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Joey.C said:

Hi guys how long does it take for the status to change after interview? I had my interview this morning

Took 9 days for me.  

4 hours ago, Joey.C said:

Hi guys how long does it take for the status to change after interview? I had my interview this morning

I'm still checking both the old and new site. My interview was December 9th and still waiting for the update to see approved etc.  

The IO shook our hands and whatnot and congratulated us but obviously still handed the bit of paper saying under review etc etc. 

Edited by LukeU

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, KarlaNMike said:

Congrats! When did you send the papers and when did you have the biometrics appointment? I had my biometrics on dec 19th so I am trying to figure out when i might get an update

Received on Oct 21st.

NOA1 on Dated Oct 30th.

Biometrics on Nov 19th.

Status changed to "Case ready to be scheduled for an interview" on Dec 31st

Status changed to "Interview Was Scheduled" Jan 2nd

Still waiting for the interview notice letter, which should be sometime next week. And I'm assuming the interview is sometime on early to mid February.

I'm sorry I didn't fill my timeline out, I'm just lazy. I'll try to do it soon, lol.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.