TBoneTX

February 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Stefannievs said:

I have a really important question that is on my mind always. So my fiance got arrested but it was a totally mistake after he went to trial he has no charges, the case was dismissed because there was no evidence he was guilty, all clean but I said NO to the question if he had been arrested because it was unfair and bad... Do you think I will get and RFE asking information about it? Because he has NO criminal record. Please help me I'm so scared about that part!!!!!! 

If they search his name and it comes up with his arrest and trial information and you said no... it’s not going to look good at all. I’m not sure about RFE, I’m not even sure if the outright reject people who lie on those boxes. I know you said it was unfair and a mistake, but that is a black and white question that should always get an honest answer. Good luck, if they just send you an RFE then you could potentially fix it. 

Met: Aug 12, 2016 in San Diego

I129F Sent: Feb 25, 2018

NOA1: Feb 27, 2018

NOA 2: Sep 5, 2018

NVC Number Received: Sep 24, 2018

File Received at US Embassy London: 

Medical Date: October 24th 2018

Interview Date: November 13th 2018

Approved!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
2 minutes ago, FromBtoZ said:

If they search his name and it comes up with his arrest and trial information and you said no... it’s not going to look good at all. I’m not sure about RFE, I’m not even sure if the outright reject people who lie on those boxes. I know you said it was unfair and a mistake, but that is a black and white question that should always get an honest answer. Good luck, if they just send you an RFE then you could potentially fix it. 

Even if he had no criminal record? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
6 minutes ago, FromBtoZ said:

What you said won't make me go to sleep tonight :( the only reason why we said no it was because the lawyer said his name would no appear on anything but now I'm all worried about it 😪😪😪

26 minutes ago, <3T&M<3 said:

What was your RFE for?

We wrote one combined intent to marry letter and both signed it. They said he needed to send in his own. 

58 minutes ago, Stefannievs said:

What you said won't make me go to sleep tonight :( the only reason why we said no it was because the lawyer said his name would no appear on anything but now I'm all worried about it 😪😪😪

He is the USC? Confused here because you mention you were filling out the form...

In this case, yeah you will get an RFE for sure, but hopefully not flat out denied. It even states in the form to submit documents "even if you were told that you don't have a record" - you still need documents explaining the arrest alone, and court records showing the case was dismissed or whatever it ended up as. Always best to be completely transparent with immigration. This is just my own opinion, but the fact that he wasn't charged will hopefully work in your favor in the view of the officer - easier to file under confusion, rather than flat out trying to hide a conviction, which makes me think they will give you a chance to correct it.

I would just go ahead and start gathering the needed documents now and hope for an RFE that you can respond to right away when it comes. Don't lose sleep over it - Best of luck!

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, americaninlove said:

We wrote one combined intent to marry letter and both signed it. They said he needed to send in his own. 

what? i thought it needs to be one combined signed by both parties.... Is it just an additional request? 

4 minutes ago, Mehappy said:

what? i thought it needs to be one combined signed by both parties.... Is it just an additional request? 

We wrote a joint letter and both signed it.  Approved at 185 days with no RFE.  Could be just the wording in the letter, luck of the draw, whatever.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Mehappy said:

That's what's I was told here on VisaJourney and upon my own research: one intent with both parties signatures!

Edited by <3T&M<3

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Verona and Andrew said:

GUYS! WE ARE APPROVED! Tier 2 called back yesterday to tell us that we were approved on 5th of September! I woke up and literally cried! 🙈😱👍🏻 

Wish you you all very speedy Noa2!!

God bless🙏🏻

Btw no update on any of the websites yet, and no hard copy. They’ve only mailed it yesterday, hope that helps. 

Congratulations!!!! 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

We wrote a joint letter and both signed it.  Approved at 185 days with no RFE.  Could be just the wording in the letter, luck of the draw, whatever.

Thank you for putting my mind in peace! Good luck with the rest of the process! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Kely&Jose said:

Hey February filers.

I am a newbie here. 

I filed the k1 visa on February 06 2018

And recieved an RFE  on August 29 stating that i need to send

• my passport stamps that i have visited my fiance
  • A written statement of meeting in person
  • Airline tickets of visiting each other
  • Additional evidence that could help uscis determine we have meet within the 2 years

Hopefully i will be gathering all the evidence in these days to recieve a positive answer as soon as possible. Been waiting so long and to recieve a RFE is very SAD :(:(

Any other february filers that recieved an RFE??? 

Am feb filer too , got the same RFE... hoping to gather all they require over the weekend .. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Toastbear said:

OMG... no update on the old or new website, but my fiance told me he got our RFE. I was already thinking we gonna get that, because I knew we didnt submit his criminal records, since the state police didnt send us the backgroundcheck he paid for in november (!).

So he called his courthouse today and we can get atleast that tomorrow, but still need to wait until we hear back from the state police because they want additionally a background check from us too for some reason.

One thing my fiance is wondering about. He got put in juvenile detention with 14, because his mum called the cops when they were arguing and he ran away. He is now 30. Does he need to get something about that too? The problem is this would be like a 4 hour drive just to go to the courthouse there.

Should i make an extra topic for that? Also any tips on submitting the documents they want from the courthouse/policerecord.

Thank you in advance

Also for everyone:

NOA1 old: Feb 9, NOA1 new: Feb 14

RFE on hand: Sep 5

We re the same 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys,

Just checking in to see what's happening. Just wanted to sprinkle good vibes.

To all those still waiting to hear... It is coming please don't lose hope!

To those who have recorded RFE's, I'm hoping that you all have speedy responses to your RFE requests! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.