Nazokat

Baby shower

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
38 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

It's not going to help your mom get a tourist visa.  Probably hurt her chances more than help it.  Also no address or phone contact information on letterhead makes the letter look fake anyways.  Not that they would even look at it.

There’s all address of hospital I just cut the sides for confidential purposes)) 

Anyways I decided not to send this letter. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

In general I would think “I want to meet my new grandchild” is enough in a situation like this, and agree with others that a letter like that could tip the balance against the case if the CO views it as a “care” role rather than just a new grandparent visiting. (Many people go back to work before 3 months by the way so in that sense the letter may also raise more questions than it answers.)

OP, does your mom have a husband, a house, a job, other grandchildren at home, anything that will help convince the CO that she will return after a temporary visit to the US?

Yes has strong ties with country such as property, bunch of grandkids, my sibling actually I’m the only one who lives in US so she definitely won’t stay here while rest of the family live in Uzb. Only one reason why I want her here is O missed her so much and want her to see newborn. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nazokat said:

It’s ok. I appreciate each advice whatever it’s harsh or nice. All I want is my mom to be next to me during and after delivery. I just missed her so much. 

What about her ties; she has enough strong ties as well as property, bunch of grandkids around her, my siblings... I’m the only one who’s in USA so she definitely won’t stay here coz she can’t live here just coz of all our family live in Uzb. 

It's worth a try. I know you miss her and want her there. But both of you need to be prepared for a denial, which is statistically what will happen. Make sure she takes and submits ALL her ties to her home. If she helps with grandkids/ family there. work, property, church/religious ties, everything and anything.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

It's better for her not to mention that you're pregnant at all unless asked. Don't volunteer information. It's understandable why a grandmother wants to help with a newborn and why it's 1000 times better to have a grandmother help than a babysitter but unfortunately, the embassy considers family helping each other "work". Ridiculous? Of course. But this is their way of thinking. Just let your mother apply and don't mention your pregnancy. The fact that she's older and less likely to adapt to a new country works in her favor 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Going through said:

Let us know how the interview goes, then.

He interview will be in December, I’ll update about it )) 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mr.Jose said:

Embassy is not there for social services. Unfortunately the way I see it, You would probably try to immigrate your mom. Your husband should be the sole provider.

Absolutely NO! All her family,friends,house,grandkids live in Uzb. She’s nothing to do here except just visit me and she never can live in USA!!! 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Roel said:

Lol really? Did you read that on the official USCIS website? 

Sure tourist visa is for touristic purposes only. But also depends on embassies. According to statistics of US embassy(Uzb) I may say that CO issues visa to ones who’s tension is to see grandkids. 

Just now, Nazokat said:

Sure tourist visa is for touristic purposes only. But also depends on embassies. According to statistics of US embassy(Uzb) I may say that CO issues visa to ones who’s tension is to see grandkids. 

Please link those statistics.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline
Just now, Roel said:

Please link those statistics.

I meant real ppl here from Uzb and invited their parents to visit grandkids. All of them got visa after mentioning or showing either sending email that purpose of visit is newborn. That’s I know for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Nazokat said:

I meant real ppl here from Uzb and invited their parents to visit grandkids. All of them got visa after mentioning or showing either sending email that purpose of visit is newborn. That’s I know for sure. 

Oh, so you don't have any official info.

You just happen to know ALL PEOPLE (I mean, must be a lot ) from your country who EVER applied for tourist visa to see their families and you know for sure ALL OF THEM got their visas. Ok then. Good luck. Please, please come back to the forum and let us know what happened at the interview.

Edited by Roel

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

43 minutes ago, Nazokat said:

You’re assuming one is a cause of the other, which is a dangerous assumption. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

OMG why people has to be so rude and harsh? People come here in look for advice and answers to some of their questions, no for people to judge them because they want their mom in this important time of their life. Maybe they cant afford profesional help @JFH,, and congrats @Sunnyland to be able to handle two surgeries with no support,  @debbiedoo two kids and no help good for you and your husband.

But guess what? Not everybody is like you. And @Roel just because you've been Reading stuff from people for years that doesnt give you the right to make fun of the ones we don't know that much.  I've been a silent lurker in this forum for a long time, but seriously guys someone has to tell something about your attitude. So advice not asked, look at yourself and pour a Little of humble into you. You are only making people afraid to ask questions (THATS THE FORUM FOR) because of the backlash. Or do I have to remember that not too long ago we were on the same position than this people asking this kind of questions?

And @Nazokat make sure your mom brings proof to the interview that she'll go back home (properties bank account), purpose of travel? her daughter will have a baby and she wants to meet the baby. That simple and she should be fine. Wish you the best and I hope she can be with you when your baby is born, please keep us updated.  (L)

6 minutes ago, AR&JG said:

OMG why people has to be so rude and harsh? People come here in look for advice and answers to some of their questions, no for people to judge them because they want their mom in this important time of their life. Maybe they cant afford profesional help @JFH,, and congrats @Sunnyland to be able to handle two surgeries with no support,  @debbiedoo two kids and no help good for you and your husband.

But guess what? Not everybody is like you. And @Roel just because you've been Reading stuff from people for years that doesnt give you the right to make fun of the ones we don't know that much.  I've been a silent lurker in this forum for a long time, but seriously guys someone has to tell something about your attitude. So advice not asked, look at yourself and pour a Little of humble into you. You are only making people afraid to ask questions (THATS THE FORUM FOR) because of the backlash. Or do I have to remember that not too long ago we were on the same position than this people asking this kind of questions?

And @Nazokat make sure your mom brings proof to the interview that she'll go back home (properties bank account), purpose of travel? her daughter will have a baby and she wants to meet the baby. That simple and she should be fine. Wish you the best and I hope she can be with you when your baby is born, please keep us updated.  (L)

To be fair one thing you’re ignoring is that a lot of people mentioned/asked about ties to home, and for a full day OP ignored those questions focusing on the baby bit. Now they are answered and hopefully provide sufficient proof, as a number of people here usefully suggested they would. If she’d probided all this info first when asked, I suspect the tone of a number of answers would probably have been quite different.

as for it being hard - yes, we have all immigrated, we have all suffered, we have all missed births, deaths, milestones. Unfortunately this is part of the immigration road: you choose to leave your family behind and with that you risk not having them around for important things like this. Will we try all we can to avoid it? Sure, but if it doesn’t work, we have to accept it’s a result of a choice we made. And sometimes it’s rough, and tough, and hard, and not optimal, but we survive.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
18 minutes ago, AR&JG said:

Thanks for true support in this topic. Yes, maybe most of these ppl think that I want my mom immigrate here through B2 visa but I just don’t want to explain or defend myself in front of rude ones. If I really want her live here I can do it in 1.5 years as long as I’ll get my citizenship by that time and can apply for her green card. I don’t need anyone from my family living in US illegal actually neither do they. 

But it’s ok. There’s always someone who think they are better and smarter than us. It just shows they true behavior and face. 

I appreciate, decent advice to my question but never arrogants. 

I’ll update her interview. 

Edited by Nazokat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.