Nazokat

Baby shower

52 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Nazokat said:

Thanks for true support in this topic. Yes, maybe most of these ppl think that I want my mom immigrate here through B2 visa but I just don’t want to explain or defend myself in front of rude ones. If I really want her live here I can do it in 1.5 years as long as I’ll get my citizenship by that time and can apply for her green card. I don’t need anyone from my family living in US illegal actually neither do they. 

Who said that? You appear to have been confused with what you think people said, with the very solid advice about the LAW that visa officers have to assume all applicants have immigrant intent until proven otherwise.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Nazokat said:

Thanks for true support in this topic. Yes, maybe most of these ppl think that I want my mom immigrate here through B2 visa but I just don’t want to explain or defend myself in front of rude ones. If I really want her live here I can do it in 1.5 years as long as I’ll get my citizenship by that time and can apply for her green card. I don’t need anyone from my family living in US illegal actually neither do they. 

But it’s ok. There’s always someone who think they are better and smarter than us. It just shows they true behavior and face. 

I appreciate, decent advice to my question but never arrogants. 

I’ll update her interview. 

i dont think any of us think she wants to or intends to immigrate. but the consulate very likely WILL (and a denial rate of over 50% PROVES that) and THAT is who your mother's battle is with. 

and sunny whatever your name is - my husband was a useless piece of garbage. he never changed a single diaper or got up once in the middle of the night. yes, very very supportive. And i worked full time and went to school full time. But keep on thinking whatever you will.

There is a difference between being honest and forthright and putting false hope in people. I'd rather give worst case scenarios and have them prepare as much as they can and HOPE for the best than tell someone that 'love is all you need', 'god will make everything okay' or whatever false mantra or make-believe deity suits folks that day, to make them think everything is all roses and unicorns.

I get she wants her mom there. i hope she DOES get her tourist visa. I DO. but the facts are the facts and it will be an uphill battle that STATISTICALLY it wont happen. 

As I said in a previous post, she needs to take every single bit of evidence that strongly ties her to her country to her interview and submit with her package. THAT will be her BEST bet of getting approved.  And that is all ANY OF US (who live in the land of reality) are saying.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nazokat said:

But it’s ok. There’s always someone who think they are better and smarter than us. It just shows they true behavior and face. 

I appreciate, decent advice to my question but never arrogants. 

I’ll update her interview. 

Nobody here has any concerns about your mother wanting to immigrate, it doesn't matter what anyone on here thinks.

What matters is what the CO at the embassy thinks, and they WILL think that your mother wants to immigrate. They have to, it's the law.

It's up to your mother to convince them that she only wants to visit and will return home.

People telling you the truth when it's not what you want to hear doesn't mean they're being rude, they're trying to help.

You're focusing on why you want your mother to visit, because you've heard people say that helps.

It doesn't help, if anything it hurts your mothers chances as a newborn grandchild is a reason for her to overstay.

What you need to focus on is reasons why you're mother will go home. The embassy doesn't care why people want to visit, they only care that they'll go home again afterwards.

Family ties, social ties, employment, property, responsibilities at home, anything that can convince the officer that she has more reasons to go home than reasons to stay in the U.S.

1 hour ago, AR&JG said:

OMG why people has to be so rude and harsh? People come here in look for advice and answers to some of their questions, no for people to judge them because they want their mom in this important time of their life. Maybe they cant afford profesional help @JFH,, and congrats @Sunnyland to be able to handle two surgeries with no support,  @debbiedoo two kids and no help good for you and your husband.

But guess what? Not everybody is like you. And @Roel just because you've been Reading stuff from people for years that doesnt give you the right to make fun of the ones we don't know that much.  I've been a silent lurker in this forum for a long time, but seriously guys someone has to tell something about your attitude. So advice not asked, look at yourself and pour a Little of humble into you. You are only making people afraid to ask questions (THATS THE FORUM FOR) because of the backlash. Or do I have to remember that not too long ago we were on the same position than this people asking this kind of questions?

And @Nazokat make sure your mom brings proof to the interview that she'll go back home (properties bank account), purpose of travel? her daughter will have a baby and she wants to meet the baby. That simple and she should be fine. Wish you the best and I hope she can be with you when your baby is born, please keep us updated.  (L)

Nobody here has been rude, all people have done is try to help someone with the truth rather than just tell them what they want to hear.

If it seems anyone has been harsh it's because the OP seems intent on ignoring anything that doesn't fit into what they want to believe.

Most of the most helpful comments here have been to inform the OP of provable, definite facts only to have the OP keep clinging on to some hope that their U.S. embassy somehow has different rules than all of the others and approves visas under different criteria than the written law.

Being honest and truthful may sometimes be harsh, but it's not rude.

I'd rather people give me the blunt truth while trying to help me than let me make mistakes to protect my delicate feelings.

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

i dont think any of us think she wants to or intends to immigrate. but the consulate very likely WILL (and a denial rate of over 50% PROVES that) and THAT is who your mother's battle is with. 

and sunny whatever your name is - my husband was a useless piece of garbage. he never changed a single diaper or got up once in the middle of the night. yes, very very supportive. And i worked full time and went to school full time. But keep on thinking whatever you will.

There is a difference between being honest and forthright and putting false hope in people. I'd rather give worst case scenarios and have them prepare as much as they can and HOPE for the best than tell someone that 'love is all you need', 'god will make everything okay' or whatever false mantra or make-believe deity suits folks that day, to make them think everything is all roses and unicorns.

I get she wants her mom there. i hope she DOES get her tourist visa. I DO. but the facts are the facts and it will be an uphill battle that STATISTICALLY it wont happen. 

As I said in a previous post, she needs to take every single bit of evidence that strongly ties her to her country to her interview and submit with her package. THAT will be her BEST bet of getting approved.  And that is all ANY OF US (who live in the land of reality) are saying.

@debbiedoo. Are you referring to me? I think maybe you are confusing me with someone else LOL. I never gave the OP false hope. Read my post again. What do you mean by "Keep thinking on whatever I will"???

I'm sorry your husband was not helpful with a child. We don't have children yet and we may never have them unfortunately but all I can say is that my husband was a great support during my 2 surgeries and even took time off work and that is what I expect from the person that I love and loves me. My husband does not have experience with baby diapers but he can for sure change diapers on a senior dog with health issues so that is a good sign I believe. :P

OP. If you mother happens to get her tourist visa approved it will be because the consular officer thinks she has strong ties to her country, not because your became pregnant and need emotional and/or physical support.

An embassy does not run a charity organization. You are not sick. You are just pregnant. If the embassies around the world were approving visas to mothers just because their daughters got pregnant then that would be plain discrimination to the rest of applicants that don't have  a pregnant daughter to go to visit. Strong ties to her country will give your mom a visa. Not your pregnancy.

We all like to have our mothers near in important events but sometimes it can't just happen for many reasons. Like I mentioned in a previous post my mom was not able to visit me while recovering from my past surgeries but I DID have my husband that was enough. Let your mother show strong ties during her interview and maybe she will get approved.

Sometimes letters from doctors stating a pregnancy makes more harm than favor. I would leave that letter out.  

Edited by Sunnyland

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Sunnyland said:

@debbiedoo. Are you referring to me? I think maybe you are confusing me with someone else LOL. I never gave the OP false hope. Read my post again. What do you mean by "Keep thinking on whatever I will"???

I'm sorry your husband was not helpful with a child. We don't have children yet and we may never have them unfortunately but all I can say is that my husband was a great support during my 2 surgeries and even took time off work and that is what I expect from the person that I love and loves me. My husband does not have experience with baby diapers but he can for sure change diapers on a senior dog with health issues so that is a good sign I believe. :P

OP. If you mother happens to get her tourist visa approved it will be because the consular officer thinks she has strong ties to her country, not because your became pregnant and need emotional and/or physical support.

An embassy does not run a charity organization. You are not sick. You are just pregnant. If the embassies around the world were approving visas to mothers just because their daughters got pregnant then that would be plain discrimination to the rest of applicants that don't have  a pregnant daughter to go to visit. Strong ties to her country will give your mom a visa. Not your pregnancy.

We all like to have our mothers near in important events but sometimes it can't just happen for many reasons. Like I mentioned in a previous post my mom was not able to visit me while recovering from my past surgeries but I DID have my husband that was enough. Let your mother show strong ties during her interview and maybe she will get approved.

Sometimes letters from doctors stating a pregnancy makes more harm than favor. I would leave that letter out.  

my apologies if i got wrong person LOLOLOL or maybe i took something the wrong way. it happens sometimes and I didnt (still dont lol) care enough to go back in search of a post to figure out where i screwed up (if i cant laugh at myself i cant laugh at anyone else ;) lololol )

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Closed for review~~~

***Since this thread is starting to degrade into back and forth bickering, it will remain locked to additional discussion.  OP is free to start a new thread with an update.***

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.