1,373 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, A_R said:

Okay thanks. I also wanted to ask another thing.

On USCIS website on Checklist of Required Initial Evidence for Form I-485 for Immediate relatives - there is a bullet point on

"Inspection and admission, or inspection and parole documentation (unless applying for adjustment under INA 245(i)). For more information and examples, please see the form instructions."

What does this mean exactly?

They are asking for a copy of how you entered the US legally. ie. your I94 admission record that proves you entered on your K1 Visa.

The reason why ppl applying for adjustment under INA 245(i) dont need to submit a copy of that is because those ppl did not enter the US legally and, of course, would not have an I94 admission record.

Make sense?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
5 minutes ago, A_R said:

Also @K1visaHopeful and @C90  any specific website you guys would recommend to gather info on AOS and cover letter and formatting n all for the packet to send n prepare for the interview?

www.visajourney.com XD there's some good guides on here and cover letter examples. Besides this site use USCIS to get the most up to date info, sometimes info on this site is dated. So use this site as a guide, use uscis.gov to double check and the instructions on what to file

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=Adjustment_of_Status

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=Advance_Parole

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=Employment_Authorization_Document

https://www.uscis.gov/

Edited by C90

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

They are asking for a copy of how you entered the US legally. ie. your I94 admission record that proves you entered on your K1 Visa.

The reason why ppl applying for adjustment under INA 245(i) dont need to submit a copy of that is because those ppl did not enter the US legally and, of course, would not have an I94 admission record.

Make sense?

Yup, thanks I understand.

Just sometimes the language in confusing on the the website when you start reading. Same with the point for INA 212(a) 

2 minutes ago, C90 said:

www.visajourney.com XD there's some good guides on here and cover letter examples. Besides this site use USCIS to get the most up to date info, sometimes info on this site is dated. So use this site as a guide, use uscis.gov to double check and the instructions on what to file

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=Adjustment_of_Status

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=Advance_Parole

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=Employment_Authorization_Document

https://www.uscis.gov/

Thanks so much!!

2 minutes ago, A_R said:

Also @K1visaHopeful and @C90  any specific website you guys would recommend to gather info on AOS and cover letter and formatting n all for the packet to send n prepare for the interview?

Here on VJ but join the right forum pertaining to the month you file so that everybody is at the same stage of the process and asking the same questions about the forms. 

You can also input word for word what page number, part number and question number for any form into the VJ search bar and Google for instant answers.

I also used YouTube to look up package assemby which included cover letters. 

Google: 

"how to assemble the i131 YouTube" 

"What does INA 245(i) mean"

"Page 3, part 3, question 3 I864"

Google is your best friend......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all, 

I've just received a notification that my EAD card is being produced, as of today's date. Hopefully I'll receive it soon in the mail.

NOA date is 09/14/18

Timeline
1 hour ago, Johannab143 said:

Hi everyone!

My EAD case was updated 2/7/19 to ‘card is being produced’

Received 09/14/2018

NOA1 09/21/2018

No change on the AP yet, got my fingers crossed x

Congrats! My AP didn't change either, but I read that almost no one gets the AP updated but you do get the combo card :) We'll see in a week or 2!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
8 hours ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

I don't know how important this is to anyone, but since we have been talking a lot about taxes I'll post it. My wife got her SSN last week and I tried to file married filing joint on Monday but it was declined because my spouses info did not match the e-file database. After some research I realized I had to wait a while. Re-filed today and it was accepted. My understanding is as long as you were married by December 31st you are eligible to file married filing joint just as a regular citizen would and it was extremely advantageous to me as she had 0 income. Hope this helps someone.

yes it is very important cz we just found out that we will have to pay a significant amount of money for some company to do the taxes and they handed our file to a 20 years old employee that answered every question that we asked by: " I will search for it..."

if you filed by yourselves or somebody filed for you but you understood how they  did it, plz send us a message in your free time so we can ask you couple of questions. 

thank you

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Buhr said:

Got an unexpected EAD/AP combo card in the mail today.

Not sure if I'm gonna have any use to it since my interview is in two weeks but at least I can finally get a drivers license and stop carrying my passport everywhere!

Congrats! What was your approval date?

Timeline
1 minute ago, C90 said:

Congrats! What was your approval date?

Thank you! It seems like we should start seeing a lot of approvals in this thread soon.

My Received date is 9/7/2018, the approval Notice date is 2/4/2019.

J1 Waiver

• 1/9/2018 - Packet shipped 🚚
  • 1/15/2018 - Packet delivered 📨
  • 1/16/2018 - Check cashed 💸
  • 1/30/2018 - Documents received 📨
  • 1/31/2018 - Requested embassy to send No Objection Statement 📄
  • 2/2/2018 - Embassy sent No Objection Statement to DoS ✉️
  • 2/2/2018 - No Objection Statement received 📨
  • 3/26/2018 - Favorable Recommendation 🎉
  • 4/2/2018 - USCIS Received 📨
  • 4/18/2018 - Approved 🎉

K1 Visa

• 10/5/2017 - Application Received 📨
  • 10/10/2017 - NOA1 📄
  • 3/30/2018 - NOA2 🎉
  • 4/25/2018 - NVC received 📨
  • 4/26/2018 - Case number assigned, CEAC In Transit 🚚
  • 5/3/2018 - CEAC Ready
  • 6/18/2018 - Medical 💉
  • 6/19/2018 - Interview - Approved! 🎉
  • 6/20/2018 - CEAC Application Received 📨
  • 6/21/2018 - CEAC Administrative processing 💤
  • 6/21/2018 - CEAC Issued ✉️
  • 7/2/2018 - Visa in hands 🛂
  • 7/6/2018 - POE 🛬
  • 8/18/2018 - Married! 🎊

AOS

• 9/7/2018 - Packet shipped 🚚
  • 9/11/2018 - NOA1 📄
  • 9/12/2018 - Check cashed 💸
  • 9/14/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Notice 📄
  • 9/17/2018 - NOA1 Hard copy 📄
  • 9/21/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Hard copy 📄
  • [Somewhere in between] RFE
  • 10/5/2018 - Biometrics Appt/Fingerprint review was complete 🛂
  • 11/20/2018 - RFE response 📤
  • 12/26/2018 - Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
  • 1/10/2018 - Interview Was Scheduled 📅
  • 2/4/2019 - EAD+AP approved 🎉
  • 2/9/2019 - EAD+AP combo card in the mail ✉️
  • 2/21/2019 - Interview
  • 2/21/2019 - Interview was completed and case must be reviewed 
  • 3/12/2019 - New card is being produced
  • 3/18/2019 - Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service

Removal of Conditions

• 3/24/2021 - Filed
  • 4/21/2021 - NOA1
  • 6/28/2021 - Biometrics
  • 9/29/2022 - Request for additional evidence
  • 10/18/2022 - RFE response sent
  • 10/26/2022 - RFE response received
  • 11/22/2022 - New card is being produced
  • 11/23/2022 - Case was approved
  • 11/25/2022 - Card Was Mailed To Me (Updated 11/28/2022)
  • 11/28/2022 - Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service
  • 11/30/2022 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

On 2/8/2019 at 3:27 PM, ThomasNC1988 said:

I don't know how important this is to anyone, but since we have been talking a lot about taxes I'll post it. My wife got her SSN last week and I tried to file married filing joint on Monday but it was declined because my spouses info did not match the e-file database. After some research I realized I had to wait a while. Re-filed today and it was accepted. My understanding is as long as you were married by December 31st you are eligible to file married filing joint just as a regular citizen would and it was extremely advantageous to me as she had 0 income. Hope this helps someone.

Did you report your spouse worldwide income when you filed or no? I went to hr and block and they said I didn't have to include it. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Nika211 said:

Did you report your spouse worldwide income when you filed or no? I went to hr and block and they said I didn't have to include it. 

My spouse had no income. I wouldn't take any tax advice from H&R block. They are probably right that if you didn't report it you would have been fine, but I'm pretty sure legally you are required to report bit.

1 hour ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

My spouse had no income. I wouldn't take any tax advice from H&R block. They are probably right that if you didn't report it you would have been fine, but I'm pretty sure legally you are required to report bit.

Ok thanks my spouse hasn't had any income since he moved here in July. But I def appreciate the advice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.